SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

Amen to needing a cartoon thread.  Been thinking about asking folks (mostly kit) to keep the cartoons and jokes to one or 2 threads.  But I didn't wanna hurt anyone's feelings because I like reading them. 

Edited by Ramblin Gambler
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The number of them is getting overwhelming. But, 1 or 2 that get added to a thread like wordy words would be a good move. That being said:

3F206F80-837A-4AC4-B5BF-B9AD2DA3D1F7.jpeg

Edited by Too Tall Bob
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Amen to needing a cartoon thread.  Been thinking about asking folks (mostly kit) to keep the cartoons and jokes to one or 2 threads.  But I didn't wanna hurt anyone's feelings because I like reading them. 

a large portion of folks don't like reading em, and the sheer number of them is driving plenty of long time Saloonatics away....but our feelings don't seem to matter much.....since a few "special" folks seem to think they're the only ones who matter, you shouldn't feel bad speaking your mind....

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Calico Mary said:

a large portion of folks don't like reading em, and the sheer number of them is driving plenty of long time Saloonatics away....but our feelings don't seem to matter much.....since a few "special" folks seem to think they're the only ones who matter, you shouldn't feel bad speaking your mind....

I dunno... this is one of the few places where I can count on getting a good chuckle in the morning. And honestly... what else is there to talk abut? I'm not seeing a whole lot of guns and gear threads lately.

Edited by Sixgun Sheridan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm all for "...conversations worth having like we used to when it wasn't such a "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!" fest.. "

• Sad 1

Never heard cowboy can't take a joke or 2. 

Woops!

Woops.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Calico Mary said:

no, problem NOT solved when it's next to impossible to find anything else to read on here, and half of the people worth reading and talking to avoid the place like the plaque!!!  and the rest might not be too much farther behind....maybe if this wasn't turning into some ridiculously pathetic version of Pee Wee's Playhouse but much worse then folks would be more willing to post conversations worth having like we used to when it wasn't such a "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!" fest.....but hey, then again.....so many good decent FUNNY Saloonatics baled ship when this place went downhill so bad when Black Harris left...Misty gave us a chance to SAVE it and yet it's still being destroyed even more....but just keep pushing more and more people away....that's a GREAT idea.....

You should have that engraved on a plaque.

• Haha 3

"Serious conversations"?

Like hoobeats being heard on the trail to Toostone? The Hugemador? The Nursifyin' Nuns? The three-story outhouse? Coffee Jerky? The lawyer with his office being an orange crate in the alley behind the Saloon? Fred the wolverine? 

Those sorts of serious conversations?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

"Serious conversations"?

Like hoobeats being heard on the trail to Toostone? The Hugemador? The Nursifyin' Nuns? The three-story outhouse? Coffee Jerky? The lawyer with his office being an orange crate in the alley behind the Saloon? Fred the wolverine? 

Those sorts of serious conversations?

And let us not forget:

unickmunro2000.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Too Tall Bob said:

a thread for posting cartoons?

Hey! That's a FINE idea. Why didn't someone think of that earlier!?

"The Far Side" by Gary Larson.

• Haha 1

006a81e40d3d23ab9a2ea6d885f94519.jpg

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474
  • Haha 4

I wasn’t expecting a Møøse joke 

1 hour ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I wasn’t expecting a Møøse joke.

"Including the majestik møøse.

A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink..

Mynd you, moose bites kan be pretty nasti..."

Edited by Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wasn’t expecting two Møøse jokes.

Edited by South-Eye Ned
  • Like 1