FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

My ride. Frame off restoration, 100% stock, I've had it for 34 years.

_DSC1555.JPG

_DSC1552.JPG

_DSC1556.JPG

Is that a 55 or 56 ?

Sweet rides cowpokes. I knew some of you were out there

12 minutes ago, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

67. Complete restoration by me

IMG_0027.JPG

My Dad had a thing for old mustangs. Probably restored and sold 6 or seven. He would buy them in the southeast, restore them and sell them for big profit in the northeast. He gave my oldest sister and younger brother each one on the HS graduation. I got a 69 Camaro. Nice ride Amigo

1 hour ago, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

yHi Big Sage. Here's what's under the hood of the mustang. Any guesses

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

Looks like  Cleveland to me!

43 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I love the '57 Fords, Big Sage. But doesn't yours leak a lot of oil with the valve covers missing? :lol: 

I had just finished installing the roller rocker arms.

7 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Looks like  Cleveland to me!

It's a 302 block with 347 strocker crank and a set of Australian 302 Cleveland heads. Basically a 347 boss. 410 horse from a small block ford with iron heads and 9.5 compression. Didn't turn out too bad

I got several toys!! 

The rat rod is a '28 A Model with a 153" Chevy Nova engine, 700R4 transmission, a 9" Ford rear end, and a '48 Ford front end, a reversed Corvair steering box, and a Chevy Astro tilt wheel and steering column. I built the header and the tubular ram intake myself. There's a Caddy CRST radiator in the trunk. This one is built from scratch and I fabricated almost EVERYTHING myself.

The scooter is my 1979 HD that is fully customized. '47 offset springer front end, 80 spoke wire wheels, 92" Delkron shovel head and a six speed transmission. Lots of custom fabrication. The fat boy on the bike is me!!!

The cab-over is my current project. It's a 1960 Jeep FC 170 one ton pickup. It has a Chevy dually rear end, 1 ton Dana 44 front axle, 4L60 E transmission and I'm building a .030 over Chevy 400 small block with LT4 fuel injection, Racing Head Service cast iron Vortec heads, Comp Cams roller cam and valve train components, Eagle 6.10" rods, and an Eagle internally balanced crankshaft. We're figuring around 550+ horsepower and around the same numbers on torque.  OH! YEAH! It's gonna' be a flatbed!! 

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

5 hours ago, Medicine Creek Johnny said:

It's a 302 block with 347 strocker crank and a set of Australian 302 Cleveland heads. Basically a 347 boss. 410 horse from a small block ford with iron heads and 9.5 compression. Didn't turn out too bad

A little hard for me to ID when there is no comparison. Here is the original 289 and the replacement 351. There is a difference in size.

597e14a501eb3_Rancheroengines.thumb.jpg.d92f156e3c6b437cf61f42fe6f964e8d.jpg

46 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

This is my other car.

BTW I haven't driven it since 1994. :angry: Hubby always has a reason I shouldn't. Our road got washed out last winter and is still pretty bad is almost a good excuse.

DSC02479.JPG

DSC02482.JPG

DSC02483.JPG

DSC02485.JPG

I'll trade Ya!   LOL

6 hours ago, COLORADO JACKSON said:

Interested in selling the cab over Jeep?

Not in this lifetime!!  Maybe not in the next one either.

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Not in this lifetime!!  Maybe not in the next one either.

If you ever change your mind, let me know!...CJ

Allie, you really oughtta should consider a set of those "new" black and yellow plates for that chariot... :)

560611-844-0.jpg?rev=2

6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Allie, you really oughtta should consider a set of those "new" black and yellow plates for that chariot... :)

560611-844-0.jpg?rev=2

Speakin' of plates, check this out!! :rolleyes: :lol:  That's my son, Hatfield in the photo.

IMG_2460.JPG

17 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

This is my other car.

BTW I haven't driven it since 1994. :angry: Hubby always has a reason I shouldn't. Our road got washed out last winter and is still pretty bad is almost a good excuse.

DSC02479.JPG

DSC02482.JPG

DSC02483.JPG

DSC02485.JPG

I am in a state of absolute, total envy.

This is the car that made me notice cars as a boy.  It is the car we all wanted  but could not afford.  It is the car I wanted to use for dates, to cruise Main St. on Saturday night, and to street race on Friday nights.  Jan and Dean and the Beach Boys sang her songs, and we were in Heaven.  She is the stuff that dreams were made of.

Fifty years have gone by, but if anything, the attraction has grown only stronger.

Allie Mo, you are one very lucky lady!

And no offense to Mr. Mo...but DRIVE that baby; it is a vehicular sin to let her sit.

When you are ready to pass her on to a new owner, PLEASE call. B)

LL

Howdy,

Ive known many folks who owned such nice cars that didn't run.

It is a crime as most of the time the car sits and just get worse and worser.

I say drive em at least a FEW times a year or sell em.

A friend had a ford lotus rally car.  It didn't run.

Finally he had to move and the car was quickly sold without getting a bid from me.

THEN it got fixed a bit and a guy heard about it and a fella with the last name Ford bought it.

Don't know after that.

I sure would have liked that ride.

Best

CR

14 minutes ago, J. Mark Flint #31954 LIFE said:

So here is one of my toys.  Tires are bigger now (they grew up) Car sits lower.  Details are numerous and unlikely to be posted here.  Did lots of work myself and a fair bit more with Blackwater scowling over my shoulder.

Here are some more recent pics of J. Marks beast!!  We've lowered it some more since these were taken. 

He also had a big hand in the construction of Lockjaw!!! 

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0913.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Archived