SASS Wire Forum

SASS car enthusiasts - show your toy

2 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

One of my buddies in high school had one of those in a hardtop with the 390 and four speed in it!!  Tough car!!

This is one of 56 1967 390 4 speed convertibles.  Car was delivered in June 1967.  No power anything.  Always figured it was some kids graduation present.  It was my retirement present to myself.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sarge2 said:

This is one of 56 1967 390 4 speed convertibles.  Car was delivered in June 1967.  No power anything.  Always figured it was some kids graduation present.  It was my retirement present to myself.

Rick's had A/C but nothing else power.  Added about 20 lbs. in weight, but it was NICE in the summertime!!

Howdy,

Ive had fun cars with no ac. They are ok as long as moving.

Stop and I would overheat quick.

After a long day having fun, put the top up, hit the ac and its about heaven.

Such cars need ac more than heat.

Most of em git stored all winter.

Best

CR

I love cars, but currently don't really have one I would consider a toy. My favorite would've been my 1984 Mazda Rx-7 GSL-SE

Scan%20132600009.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

1986 Pontiac Fiero GT

86 Fiero GT.jpg

Hubby calls my '64 Corvette a Lady's Car as it has power everything (brakes, steering, AC). It has been so long (1994) since I've been in it that I've forgotten if the windows are power.  The problem with my driving it now is how rutted our road (about 1/2 mile) is since the heavy rains last winter. The road isn't government maintained. One of our neighbors does most of it with his tractor. We are lucky to have him. He is another CAS shooter, Fiddletown Flash.

The first car I bought for myself had no AC; but it sure was cute, a '65 Mustang.

Doc, my other car is a Mazda mid-size SUV (they make three sizes). I really like it as it seems well designed. Even Hubby likes it and he hated my last two cars; Jeeps, Grand Cherokee and Liberty. At 6'5" it is not easy for him to find comfort driving.

I have had quite a few collector cars in my life and enjoyed all of them.  These are two of my favorites. 1967 Corvette Coupe and 1933 Dodge Brothers sedan.

DSCN0553.JPG

DSCN0497.JPG

1964 1/2 Ford Mustang originally purchased by my Grandfather in around '65 or '66; Became my parent's car in '76 when grandpa died and mine in 2005 when my dad passed and we got mom a more practical car. I don't know why the entire picture didn't transfer - I'm new to this photo posting game.

IMG_mustang&kids.jpg

Archived