SASS Wire Forum

"Firearms" Quiz...

This one's tough. :huh:

I'm embarrassed to say what my score was... at least for now. :mellow:

Firearms Quiz

Some I answered wrong but after reading the correct answer, I realized that I knew the answer, but had a brain fade.

Not a lot of wilggle room there.

Forgot about the firing pin, retainer and extractor on the 1911 A1.

Presidio, there's a button to click to show the answers - it'll display your responses as well as the correct ones for those missed.

I felt danged bad with my 39%... and I SO love those Model 12's! :huh:

I did well, however several of the questions were so obscure and specific to obscure weapons as to be not what I'd consider "general" firearms questions. I believe that the given answer listed to least one of the questions is wrong. It was interesting though, and fun!

69%, but I know you can get a .380 Glock in the US. 1911- 1 slide,2 frame, 3 barrel,4 barrel bushing, 5 recoil spring,6 spring retainer, 7 take down pin, what am I missing???

That was also my answer 7, can't figure out what the eighth piece is.

I got 39%, but I had no business knowing a lot of those questions. I don't reload, I don't know nuthin about european guns, etc. Of the questions I DID have any business knowing, I only missed 5. But to be fair, I took wild guesses at the rest and probably got at least 5 of them right. Oh and I dispute the 1911 parts question based on the fact that not all 1911s have barrel bushings. I said 7 too and I did remember the spring guide.

Presidio, there's a button to click to show the answers - it'll display your responses as well as the correct ones for those missed.

I felt danged bad with my 39%... and I SO love those Model 12's! :huh:

That's okay, Hardpan....not so sure I really wanna know anyhow.................

56%- some of the questions had me wondering, too.

I'm not a big rifle shooter, so several of the long gun questions were a guess- along with all of the Warsaw Pact questions. Former and wannabe military guns don't tickle my fancy so my knowledge of them is extremely limited.

I took it again and did worse!!! I now realize that I know almost nothing about "foreign firearms" :blink:

I got 53%. I think I got one question right by guessing; the rest I just knew. Thank you Ian from Forgotten Weapons!

Some I answered wrong but after reading the correct answer, I realized that I knew the answer, but had a brain fade.

Not a lot of wilggle room there.

Forgot about the firing pin, retainer and extractor on the 1911 A1.

You don't remove those as part of the normal field stripping operations. The 8 pieces are:

1. Frame
  2. Slide
  3. Barrel
  4. Barrel Bushing
  5. Recoil Sping Plug
  6. Recoil Spring
  7. Recoil Spring Guide
  8. Slide Stop

I got 72%,I didn't see the button to show the answers ,I'll have to take it again to see what I missed

Got 39% yikes...I am an idiot....Jim

Archived