SASS Wire Forum

If theres a cosco in your area go to it and become a member!

It go's like this: Whatever product I love and enjoy, be it whiskey or toilet paper...There is a good chance that cosco has that exact product, or one you would easily consider as runner up in bulk at a magnificent price!! I bought products from my local grocer that were the same name brand, but twice the price. Example: Bottle of black velvet 750ml from local grocer was 10.99, same brand in a 1.75ltr bottle was the same price!(Over a bottle for free!)....Pistachios are 5 bucks for 7oz(not even a half pound!)...I got a 3lb bag for 24 bucks! YES they have you pay a membership fee. but in the end who cares!! GO BUY!!!

I like Costco, too. Good stuff at (generally) low prices. I will say though, that the quality of their fruit has nose-dived. No complaints on returns. PLUS, on sample days, I graze in there. :-)

No Costco around here, but I do my grocery shopping at Sams. Same thing - prices are SO MUCH cheaper. They send me a thing every year - I guess to make sure I know it pays to renew. Costs me 45 bucks a year to be a member, and savings off of MSRP is usually between 500 and a thousand bucks.

They have some pretty good scotch at real good prices most of the time also. Did you know that you didn't have to be a member to get prescriptions filled at their pharmacy? Found that out the other day also.

In New Hampshire, Costco does not sell liquor, beer and wine yes. The state has a monopoly, which is not a bad thing. Cheapest booze in the USA.

If there is something bad about the state run booze monopoly it is that the state decides what to sell. But they aim their sales at folks driving through or crossing the border for the prices so they have the high volume stuff.

If you want a bottle of Dom Perignon 1959, or 50 year old Chivas, you might have to go out of state.

I like Costco, too. Good stuff at (generally) low prices. I will say though, that the quality of their fruit has nose-dived. No complaints on returns. PLUS, on sample days, I graze in there. :-)

+1

I belong to BJ's Wholesale club, on my son's account so my card was free, the savings are amazing!!

Watch a movie called Ideocracy w/luke wilson , cosco plays a funny role in the movie! (prob spelled it wrong) Ideo-ock-racy is how its pronounced think its a SNL movie) "Welcome to cosco, I love you"

Does Costco sell ammo? I might be interested at that point.

Y'all might find this interesting:

http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-costco/

Costco – Bans guns in all stores. Until last year they would intentionally and unethically deceive their members by not disclosing their policy in the membership agreement. In 2014 they added their no guns policy to the membership agreement.

Boycott-Costco-150x150.png

We recommend you boycott Costco and shop at BJ’s Wholesale or Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club as more suitable gun-friendly warehouse stores. Also, Kroger has been very firm in their opposition to the gun control movement, and we encourage you to support them whenever possible as well.

Most about Costco below:

Below are two documents that appear to be sourced from within Costco. We can’t validate their authenticity but we believe them to be genuine.

One appears to be a Costco internal memo from Eric Harris, “Assistant Vice President at Costco Wholesale”to employees about their gun policy. Note that they specifically instruct the employees not to make their gun policy public.

The other document appears to be the form letter they use to respond to customer comments about their firearm policy.

Let’s make Costco’s anti-gun policy so well-known to the public that they will have to publicly acknowledge or remove it. Help us by sharing this page on pro-gun forums, Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, and others. (UPDATE: In 2014 Costco publicly acknowledged their status as a gun-free-zone thanks to pressure applied by unhappy gun owners.)

Costco-Form-Letter-150x150.jpgCostco-Internal-Gun-Policy-Memo-150x150.

Below is the audio of a customer being told his rights are not respected on Costco property in May of 2013. He describes how he was lied to by Costco when he joined, and tells them he is going to return all the stuff he bought and close his membership.

They used to intentionally hide the fact that they have a policy that bans guns. They made it prohibitively difficult to learn about that policy unless you go through a number of steps on their corporate website. They used to hide their firearm policy on a third party website HERE.

Sometime during 2014 they decided to include this policy in their Member Privileges and Conditions. So there you have it. Costco is anti-gun, and unless you are on-duty law enforcement you are not welcome there with a firearm.

An anti-gun group advises it’s anti-gun followers to shop at Costco.

Contact them:

http://www.costco.com/customer-service.html?cm_re=Common-_-Top_Nav-_-Customer_Service

PO Box 34331

Seattle, WA 98124

Costco.com Customer Service: 1-800-955-2292

General Member Service: 1-800-774-2678

Kansas is one of the Constitutional Carry states now.

You have peaked my curiosity about their gun policy. I'm going to have to drive out to my local Costco and look for gun buster signs.

Plenty of real places to shop around here anyway.

Still hard to beat Walmart for inexpensive ammo though.

From the horses mouth, as it were.

http://www.costco.com/member-privileges-conditions.html

See "General Policies", second to last bullet.

We need to be careful who we support these days.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 10, 2016 - political
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, January 10, 2016 - political

There are plenty of places to spend my hard earned money. An anti-gun Obama supporting bunch of left wingers won't be one of them.

Boon Doggle,

Thanks for the link. I won't be wasting time or money at costco.

Allie. My wife has been a baker at Costco for over 20 years. Once I brought a cheesecake that she made at home to work for a birthday. After that I had a lot of birthday cheesecake requests.

She has never heard anything from their management about gun policy. Never seen a no guns sign at any Costco I've been to.

I bet there's not a single major corporation that you couldn't find reasons not to shop there if you look at all the issues that concern people. Smoking Gator

...I bet there's not a single major corporation that you couldn't find reasons not to shop there if you look at all the issues that concern people. Smoking Gator

I agree, BUT, there's no reason to relinquish our rights to a company that is brazenly obvious about their anti-gun motives or ideology.

My local court house and postal office as well as bank all post those signs and I abide by them and still frequent them for there services..... Why would you boycott cosco if they did the same?

I will say their tequila prices are the best I've found. Also I love their fresh seafood area that they set up at our Costco for like a few days a week. They have the best King Crab legs at the best price that I can find anywhere. The legs are colossal size, and taste great. It's a treat the wife and I enjoy about once a month.

I would think if they were " brazenly obvious" about their anti gun policy that they would conspicuously post no firearms signs. The first post talking about their policy describes how they have tried to hide it. That doesn't qualify as making it obvious to me. Smoking Gator

I find myself at Costco probably once a week. Meats are very good as are the clothes, merchandise and booze. Back in Cali, a friend of a friend was the Costco wine buyer. It was said that the wines in the store were always the best value in every category. Never was disappointed. The general merchandise seems to also follow that philosophy.

No gun ban signs at my St Loo Costcos. I've even open carried (inadvertently, after reaching for some stuff on a high shelf.) Got a Tssk, Tssk and a smile from an employee as I covered up. ;)

Told Calam to "Stick with me, babe, we're going places." Got her a membership to Costco AND Sam's. ;)

There are no signs on the doors of Costco banning guns here in Western Pa.

The few that have appeared at my local Costcos came down very quickly after being posted.

BTW the slip sheets that separate product on pallets at Costco make excellent targets. I get them from my local Costco late morning. They have stacks of them in the stockroom and I get them for free. The workers know what I use them for and think shooting them is a good use.

FYI... :rolleyes:

Costco Wholesale Corporation is an American membership-only warehouse club that provides a wide selection of merchandise.

China Ocean Shipping (Group) Company, known as COSCO or COSCO Group, is a Chinese shipping and logistics services supplier company.

;)

I have Costco and Sam's memberships. Each has products better than the other. Costco has their gun thing and Sam's has their forced supplier diversity thing. I don't know that one is any better than the other. Corporate politics and CYA. It all depends on who sits at the top at anyone point in time.

The head of Sam's is a woman of color who is making it her personal mission to see to it that suppliers are diversifying their sales force. She didn't like it when a supplier president and sales manager did a presentation and both were white. This has been an issue for a while and Wal mart /Sam's corporate has issued a statement supporting her. As long as people aren't doing something illegal or il moral I don't care what your color is. I don't like it pushed upon me. This has been going around Facebook so it could be baloney but some of the sources quoted seemed legitimate enough.

Archived