SASS Wire Forum

Is it Time to let the Shooters Choose the Scoring System

Santa Fe River Stan,36999L

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess as how I am the only one to respond with more than a sentence or two that Allie's above comment is directed at me.

Stan stated he didn't want a debate as to the virtues of each scoring method, and I tried to keep that out of my response.

I guess this is one of those 'you must pass it in order to read it' kind of things, in which case my answer will always be NO.

I saw more than 17 posts where people had more than yes or no to say. It really is a simple question.

So because you say so we can no longer offer our input? Point out possible problems with a yes or a no vote?

For what it's worth, I consider your comment to be a personal attack and ask you to give yourself a warning and a time out.

And here I thought this was a place to calmly share and exchange opinions and ideas, I guess that time has past.

So because you say so we can no longer offer our input? Point out possible problems with a yes or a no vote?

For what it's worth, I consider your comment to be a personal attack and ask you to give yourself a warning and a time out.

And here I thought this was a place to calmly share and exchange opinions and ideas, I guess that time has past.

Where did I say that? Where did I attack you personally? Please quote the posts

This is not the first time you have slammed my posts over the last few months and made unfair assumptions. Still I let them and this one stand. If you have a problem with me, which I have noticed you have. The best thing to keep the wire a nice place is to take it off line.

post number 31 and 37 while not naming names were clearly directed at anyone offering more than a yes or no.

and your last post just above if made by anyone other than a moderator would earn a suspension.

I guess some people haven't figured that the OP only wanted a Yes or No answer. :o:blink:

I was trying to give some insight of past decisions if this was directed at me,,,

yes

I was trying to give some insight of past decisions if this was directed at me,,,

No it was not directed at any one person and I found what you posted interesting. Funny how I can make what I think is a "passing comment" and turns into a big deal. I guess that is just a perk of being a moderator.

No it was not directed at any one person and I found what you posted interesting. Funny how I can make what I think is a "passing comment" and turns into a big deal. I guess that is just a perk of being a moderator.

yours is a tenuous position at best, as a moderator perhaps any open ended statement such as that is bound to cause some consternation...

I'm not interested in debating the merits of the 3 SASS approved scoring systems. All I am asking is this.....

Shouldn't the Match Directors at the Regional and above level be allowed to choose which SASS approved scoring system they use?

If their shooters want to use Total Time or a Stage Points shouldn't they be allowed to use it....shouldn't any SASS approved scoring method be available?

Yes or No?

Stan

Yes, it should be up to the MD's. Shooter can decide from there.................

I feel they have it right with rank point scoring. (The only way to score a championship caliber match). Seems the gun manipulators and gamers always want total time.

Hombre, would have to disagree. How can a system that assesses different penalties, RPs, to different shooters for missing the same target on the same stage be the best way to score ANY match much less a championship match. If those two shooters were assessed the same penalty, 5 seconds or X amount of RPs per target missed, then it would be consistent. I am nowhere near the top tier but I guess I'm a middle of the pack gamer!

What the heck is a "Gun Manipulator"??????

Tell ya what, rather then 5 sec misses, make them worth some percentage of Rank Points.

Hope I'm not interjecting to much into this simple question...

;)

What WAS the question?

Boon, Slowest Gamer In The West, Doggle.

Sure be glad when winter gets here.

Hombre, would have to disagree. How can a system that assesses different penalties, RPs, to different shooters for missing the same target on the same stage be the best way to score ANY match much less a championship match. If those two shooters were assessed the same penalty, 5 seconds or X amount of RPs per target missed, then it would be consistent. I am nowhere near the top tier but I guess I'm a middle of the pack gamer!

Blah blah blah. My opinion doesn't have to make sense. :)

What the heck is a "Gun Manipulator"??????

Tell ya what, rather then 5 sec misses, make them worth some percentage of Rank Points.

Hope I'm not interjecting to much into this simple question...

;)

Not sure what's meant by "gun manipulator" it's some times thrown around with the term "gamer". I'm guessing by folks that think they can win if targets are smaller/farther.

First we must ask ourselves, are we a democracy or a representative republic?

And in deciding this we must remember, if you eat a live frog in the morning, nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day.

Archived