SASS Wire Forum

Drone Shot down!

Utah Bob #35998

So, what is the effective range of a standard SG? small bird range? 40yds?

What's a 'standard SG'? :huh:

I shoot trap from the 27 yd line using a 12ga and extra full choke.

I think a 10 gauge with 2+oz of shot and BP for powder, will work well as a drone killer..... :lol::lol:

OLG

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a 10 gauge with 2+oz of shot and BP for powder, will work well as a drone killer..... :lol::lol:

OLG

Standard meaning Box store SG of 12ga with modified choke. So a full choke gets you further,,,, so more like 30yds?

BP and #7 shot. Works good.Easier than skeet, ;)

Rr4sCt.jpg

Standard meaning Box store SG of 12ga with modified choke. So a full choke gets you further,,,, so more like 30yds?

Where do you buy your SG's? Changeable chokes are pretty much SOP from all makers these days. ^_^

The extra full choke I use for 27 yd(that's 27 yds from the trap house)trap shoot'n. Is put'n me well pass the 40 yard mark when a bird gets hit.

I use a imp. cly or modified choke(depending on the wind)for 16 yd trap. ;)

OLG

Where do you buy your SG's? Changeable chokes are pretty much SOP from all makers these days. ^_^

The extra full choke I use for 27 yd(that's 27 yds from the trap house)trap shoot'n. Is put'n me well pass the 40 yard mark when a bird gets hit.

I use a imp. cly or modified choke(depending on the wind)for 16 yd trap. ;)

OLG

All but one of my SG's has the barrel cut off,, about at the 21" mark :D . The one and only is full-full, fixed., dating back to late 50's. I don't do trap, but it looks like fun.

Thanks.

All but one of my SG's has the barrel cut off,, about at the 21" mark :D . The one and only is full-full, fixed., dating back to late 50's. I don't do trap, but it looks like fun.

Thanks.

Please give trap a try-You be amazed how it can help in this game with following to the next target.

OLG

Howdy,

for close in work the garden hose comes to mind too.

Any state that puts folks in prison for a slingshot is too nuts for me.

I don't understand and don't have the brain cells to waste.

Those little revolvers that shoot shotshells could be interesting too.

Best

CR

You only need to 'chip' a couple of rotor blades to lose all flight control.

OLG

Yeah but then it runs a chance at being recoverable. Blast it to smithereens and they have no choice but to buy a new setup if they want to keep at it.

So, what is the effective range of a standard SG? small bird range? 40yds?

That's why I was thinking goose gun loads. Longer distance, more damage.

It will be interesting to see the legal outcome of the guy that shot it down.

He is probably into the legal fees for more than the thing was worth...but he has/made a point.

I would not find him guilty if I was on a jury.

Could've ended up in a murder charge too.

Ya never know.

I can't remember if this link was posted here or on another forum, but it's interesting...130 yard shot on clay birds:

Thanks.

I shot the kite at about 30 yards with the Stoeger. Folded like a cheap suit. :D

A good pard videoed me running a stage. I trainwrecked it for eternity. I would have had to break the 170 to do what I was a thinkin. Being as smart as he is it never went downrange...... Sounded like a bumble bee was in my hat.

OLG

Besides, the BP will blind the camera even if you miss. But how could you miss with a 12 gauge at

close range?

Blastmaster, a full choke will not shoot farther, but it will tighten the pattern a tad.

Totally agree that a drone hovering in the back yard is fair game. After I took it out with the 97, the garden hose, the paintball gun, or the old Red Ryder, I'd consider it mine. It's no different than a neighbor's ball falling into my yard. If I feel like giving it back, I will, but I don't have to. If the owners showed up with the police demanding their drone back, I'd tell the police officer that the drone was mine as soon as it entered my property (which includes the air space above the actual property) and this is a civil matter.

The only reason this guy got in trouble is because he used a shotgun in a no discharge community.

I doubt, if it ever gets to a jury, that he will be convicted. There's too much anti-drone sentiment, plus the whole "spying on my 12 year old daughter" creepiness to this case.

Heh! From the Yahoo News article on this:

"Merideth says he stood his ground: "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'""

Yep.....anti-aircraft Glock!

Heh! From the Yahoo News article on this:

"Merideth says he stood his ground: "I had my 40 mm Glock on me and they started toward me and I told them, 'If you cross my sidewalk, there's gonna be another shooting.'""

Yep.....anti-aircraft Glock!

You might be surprised how often I hear that while behind the firearms counter.

Most shotgun range is 40 yards, depending on the size and weight of shot.

That said, next November come North to the Skagit Flats and witness folks that

believe there is enough trajectory to launch space debris. Very entertaining to

watch the Canadian Geese fly in off the water, rise up just about 10' beyond shot

range and then the sky busting begins. I have never seen so much as a feather

leave the birds. One exception. A fellow let loose with what I suspect was a 10 gauge

in the midst of 12 gauge guns. Funny thing is, he shot and the goose folded up it's wings

and dropped. The blast was much louder than the other guns, yet one fellow came to

claim the bird. A fist fight ensued. I never did see who came away with the bird,

but I suspect it was the guy that shot it.

You might be surprised how often I hear that while behind the firearms counter.

Then again, I might not.

If you want to have some fun, go to a gun counter in some big store and ask for a box of 7.65 Browning. Nine times out of ten you will be handed a box of 7.62 x 39.

Please imagine your neighborhood airspace suddenly full of undergarments, toys, books and other coveted items floating through the air after the drone carrying them was shot down.

Every day will feel like Christmas.

:P :P :P :P :P

OK. We have all shown our hairy chests and bellowed or resolve BUT we have enough lawyers on this forum to give us a legal response.

Can we shoot the da**ed things down?

Archived