SASS Wire Forum

Drone Shot down!

Utah Bob #35998

No matter to me what law says what and/or is governed by who-ever or what-ever agency. It's still an invasion of privacy that I have a right to use what-ever means available to protect said property and belongings.

Lawyers don't much care for my attitude and way of seeing things.....takes control out of their hands.

I'm a lawyer and find your reasoning sound. Laws merely enumerate our fundamental rights. But there are consequences to violating laws, even when they are bad laws. Glad to see you are willing to take those consequences-makes more business for my fellow lawyers.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a lawyer and find your reasoning sound. Laws merely enumerate our fundamental rights. But there are consequences to violating laws, even when they are bad laws. Glad to see you are willing to take those consequences-makes more business for my fellow lawyers.

Thanks, and yep.....I am

I'd like to be a lawyer. It looks so glamorous and exciting on TV. You know, giving your opponents the business. Making a mockery of their case. Paralegals do all of the work while you wine, dine, and go to auctions or on a drug binge with a hooker or mistress.

Is a law degree hard to get?

I'd like to be a lawyer. It looks so glamorous and exciting on TV. You know, giving your opponents the business. Making a mockery of their case. Paralegals do all of the work while you wine, dine, and go to auctions or on a drug binge with a hooker or mistress.

DDD, I hope yer joshing here, but..if not, please don't turn this thread into a +P+ contest. J. Mark is good folks that I'd ride with anytime he asked or needed.

with the way these drones are progressing it won't be long before soldiers won't even have to deploy, they can fight the war from their bed in their underwear.

Ya' know. I just really wouldn't have problem with that. Course, Inspections might be a little more than interesting.

A law degree is not hard to get, except for the expense and the time involved. I got mine 42 years ago; it was considerably less expensive than now (even in relative terms), but it took 3 years, as it does now. It's mostly reading and writing; a lot of both, though. A medical degree is considerably harder to get.

DDD, I hope yer joshing here, but..if not, please don't turn this thread into a +P+ contest. J. Mark is good folks that I'd ride with anytime he asked or needed.

;)

There are ways...

UB......ya' got me at a loss fer that one. Gonna hav'ta keep an eye on you fer a spell.........

Get in line....right behind NSA. :D

I think this could be very serious.

Note- many drones are around airports.

Many drones are spotted by aircraft on final or closer.

All drones are attempting to keep up with aircraft.

Maybe this is practice at airports to keep up with landings and practice makes perfect.

How vulnerable are aircraft at final, speed is landing,slow, wheels down,flaps down , not maneuverable all together now at all airports same time, send drones into one engine, at all airports all at the same time.

I hope our people have checked it out. This is my fear.

Ohhhh they'll eventually get around to outlawing them......right after one downs a plane and kills a bunch of folks.

Sad...but that's what it'll probably take.

Ohhhh they'll eventually get around to outlawing them......right after one downs a plane and kills a bunch of folks.Sad...but that's what it'll probably take.

Nope. They'll make you get an FAA license.

Nope. They'll make you get an FAA license.

I see a can of worms with that one. Now they'd be legally licensed to fly in and around airports creating nightmares for pilots and controllers......and then they'd also be licensed to do fly overs and hovers above our properties. All governed by the FAA.

Ain't to happy with either scenario. So, I'll remain rigidly staunch on my stance.

Of course, it'd keep the lawyers busy writing new laws with new statutes and exceptions for quite a spell. Hey, a whole new specialized breed.....Drone Lawyers

It's not necessarily hard to get a law degree, if your mind is right. Doing coke and hookers while tying to get a law degree will end up causing problems, you'll end up a politician, or worse. . . . a judge!

Funniest I've heard all week! Gotta steal that line from you Mark! With credits of course!

I see a can of worms with that one. Now they'd be legally licensed to fly in and around airports creating nightmares for pilots and controllers......and then they'd also be licensed to do fly overs and hovers above our properties. All governed by the FAA.

Ain't to happy with either scenario. So, I'll remain rigidly staunch on my stance.

Of course, it'd keep the lawyers busy writing new laws with new statutes and exceptions for quite a spell. Hey, a whole new specialized breed.....Drone Lawyers

No. I meant the operators would have to get an FAA license. The drones could still be seriously restricted.

Moot point of course. None of these bozos would ever get a license so the problems would continue. The law abiding flyers would of course do the legal thing. But the problems would continue.

See any parallels here? ;)

It's not necessarily hard to get a law degree, if your mind is right. Doing coke and hookers while tying to get a law degree will end up causing problems, you'll end up a politician, or worse. . . . a judge!

A bird hunter always used the same dog handler. The dog handler's best dog was named "Lawyer." Lawyer was always out working hard, trying to outthink and outwit the birds, and getting the hunter in the best position possible to succeed. The hunter tried to buy the dog many times, but the handler would never sell him. One day, the hunter again asked the handler if Lawyer was for sale. The handler looked at him with disgust and said "you can have him!" The hunter asked what happened, to which the handler replied "Some idiot called him "Judge" and now all he does is sit around and bark at everyone."

We didn't make a mistake with that dog's name and it was actually Law Clerk, did we?

I have never seen a bird dog in a suit before.

Work with me here...

No. I meant the operators would have to get an FAA license. The drones could still be seriously restricted.

Moot point of course. None of these bozos would ever get a license so the problems would continue. The law abiding flyers would of course do the legal thing. But the problems would continue.

See any parallels here? ;)

No different than RC airplanes. No lic there.

OLG

Archived