SASS Wire Forum

Clean match Award

Dream Chaser, SASS #79316

Wanting to know where to find something worth handing out to those who shot a clean match. Must be inexpensive, practical, worth giving, worth receiving. Probably need a hundred at most to last a year since our club is small. If the price w a s not too much could buy more. What is recommended...certificates, small pins, or what?

We use small rifle shaped pins we got at bulk rates from somewhere, but I can not remember where. Most in our club wear them on their hat...

For the Western Regional, my club got a bunch of shot glasses etched with "Clean Match" for those who "shot" clean.

Fillmore

For the Western Regional, my club got a bunch of shot glasses etched with "Clean Match" for those who "shot" clean.

Fillmore

That's an awfully small glass for MILK!

For monthlies the clubs I shoot out don't give out anything for a clean match, just lists the clean shooters on the website with the scores.

For annuals and above, I think something should be given out be it a pin, poker chip, shot glass, a ticket for a special drawing or whatever. Not everyone has a real chance for an award, but everyone has a chance at shooting clean.

I have half a dozen clean matches, all monthlies, but closest I've gotten at an annual is 1 miss a couple of time including Eldorado this past weekend.

for our big annual we give out a buffalo pin in a bronze color similar to the ones at founders ranch http://www.stockpins.com/buffalo-1-lapel-pin.html?utm_source=buffalo-1-lapel-pin&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=STOCKPINSFEED&gclid=CJOErLTbiroCFQFk7Aod3lAAkg

for monthly matches we give out a wooden nickel--you get 5 and can redeem for registration fee to a match

cr

Hi Dream Chaser,

I like the idea of a small pin, etched shot glass...or something to keep that has some substance and meaning.

I've cleaned many monthly matches and only one annual in 14 years. It was rather disappointing to receive, at the annual, a small bar of soap for a prize for something that was a big deal for me. I think they would have done better by not giving anything.

Even the club where I am an officer gives pins for a clean monthly match... I think Hangtown Vigilance Committee's bronze noose-shaped pins are really cute. California Rangers have a pin that is the same as their badge only about one-inch across.

Regards,

Allie Mo

We give out an enamel pin that is shaped like a squirrel (it's reference an infamous set of targets we have) that says "Clean Match" across the squirrel.. They are handed out at all matches, monthly and up. They have become a big deal in the club. We also have a matching pin that is black instead of the white clean match pin for those individuals who have the complete opposite of a clean match, ie, a complete disaster of a match. Not quite as popular as the clean match pins but always a crowd pleaser for those who don't win it.

I love the idea of a pin or some other little trinket to remember the day. A sticker might be nice, but unlike a pin, over time that would fade and not last, but a pin could be easily kept in a small box or be pinned to a hat or shooting box, or put on display somewhere. It also might remind that shooter of your match the next year when they are planning their trips

I had custom ribbons printed up that said "Clean Match" for prizes. Some of our local clubs give poker chips. I like Poker chips better. I drill holes in them and attach them to my gun cart or ammo box.

I recommend giving Morgan silver dollars to clean match winners. Shooters will return for every match and they will really make a point to shoot clean.

Also raise your match fees accordingly.

Or just give out little cheap pins and don't change entry fees.

:D

Assassin

Wanting to know where to find something worth handing out to those who shot a clean match. Must be inexpensive, practical, worth giving, worth receiving. Probably need a hundred at most to last a year since our club is small. If the price w a s not too much could buy more. What is recommended...certificates, small pins, or what?

There are thousands of cheap lapel pins in stock forms that would work for Cowboy. I have seen boots, stagecoach, armadillos, long horns, hats, saddles etc.

Tandy and other similar suppliers have inexpensive ($13 for 50 pieces) Conchos with slots, pin back or screws. These come in a huge variety of shapes and prices.

One local club gives a small badge with a five point star. It is plain and attached to a business card with “Clean Match” printed on it.

Another club hands out a lapel pin in the shape of a revolver.

A Google search for Conchos or lapel pins will get you thousands of examples in every price range. Generic is cheap, custom cost$.

Olen

Hi,

I just got a B) coyote from She-Bang. It attaches by looping a ribbon or leather strap through it.

At 5 Dogs Creek location of Shebang! we call them "Dogs". Like the local Dog Pack group coyotes have less status.

Fordyce

We give out a lapel pin in the shape of the state, Nevada, that says clean match with our clubs initials. HPD. Shooters glue them to their carts, wear them on their suspenders or hats. Of course we have a standing rule that one oh crap stage cancels out all of the Clean Matches. It's not enforced.

Ike

One of my clubs give out a "Clean Match" certificate.I have ONE of Doc Tombstone's bullets,but they changed their targets so they move or duck away from where I aim at.Gotta get metal attracting bullets made I guess.

Our club purchased clean match coins that are very nice. They are metal with enamel color on the front. They have a five dollar "value" so you can turn 'em back in to pay part of your entry fee. There's a photo of the coin on the website www.greenvillegunfighters.com.

Blue bayou brass located in houston , tx will make you any kind of pin you can dream up and in any enamel color fill also. These cost about .89 each after the casting fee which is inexpensive . Hope this can help you some.

Our club gives out clean match awards for monthly shoots. It is either a leather circle or a business card that says $5 off your next shoot. At year end we also have an award for the shooter with the most clean shoots.

Mima in Olympia WA give out strawberry preserves for clean matches. My wife always tells me "Shoot clean" So she can have the preserves. They are highly coveted!

BTW they also have the "Walk of Shame" clean match. No Misses but you can have a P or two.

Our club and a couple others I shoot at gives out certificates. Another one gives out a "Clean Match" coin, and when you get 5 coins, you turn them in for a free match.

Archived