SASS Wire Forum

I don't consider myself reclusive, but......

After reading some of the opinions of certain government leaders today, I feel like telling the general populace to "eat rocks,"...and then take off to the proverbial "trappin' cabin," or other obscure place where I don't have to deal with people. I'd come into town every six months to pick up some flour, sugar, salt, beans, a couple sides of bacon, and cartridges for my Winchester. Other than that, as far as I'm concerned, the rest of these clueless, nonsensical, obtuse, insipid, excess chunks of humanity can "go fly a kite."

Sorry for the rant, but some days..... :angry:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way occasionally.

After reading some of the opinions of certain government leaders today, I feel like telling the general populace to "eat rocks,"...and then take off to the proverbial "trappin' cabin," or other obscure place where I don't have to deal with people. I'd come into town every six months to pick up some flour, sugar, salt, beans, a couple sides of bacon, and cartridges for my Winchester. Other than that, as far as I'm concerned, the rest of these clueless, nonsensical, obtuse, insipid, excess chunks of humanity can "go fly a kite."

Sorry for the rant, but some days..... :angry:/>

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way occasionally.

As I mature with age....I understand...more and more.

GG

Are there any sheep at your cabin?

Yea I felt that way and we sorta did. Then the people and gas companies found us.

There ain't many places left to go to.

Boy that's odd! I had the same thoughtsthis afternoon. We are muy simpatico!

Something like THIS? My little 12 x 12 two story cabin up on the Great Divide southwest of Helena. No road, no electricity, no indoor plumbing, outhouse, spring water within easy carrying distance above and below the cabin. Twenty acre patented mining claim surrounded by forest service ground and full of elk, deer, moose, game birds, small game, and a few black bears. :)

Boy that's odd! I had the same thoughtsthis afternoon. We are muy simpatico!

You know what they say, Bob...."Great minds....." :)

Sadly, the SHINING TIMES are gone, and I fear for good.

Dang! I musta missed em. :unsure:

We need to find an old ghost town to re-populate. smile.gif

Sommers whar dey can't find us !

I'm thinkin' your cabin is starting to get awfully crowded.....

Whut's fer dinner??

(lol) It shore is !

I'm afeared some of Badger's toe jam.

You know what they say, Bob...."Great minds....." :)/>

so Slim where are the great minds :lol: :lol:

so Slim where are the great minds :lol:/> :lol:/>

Ouch!! You got me there, Shoer. Maybe I should say, "'Great' minds probably don't agree with a thing I say." :lol:

Slim (and the rest of y'all), I been having those thoughts most every day for the past few years. I'm just about ready to go.

What do you mean occasionally, I feel that way almost all the time. After work I come home to my 2 dauchounds and a glass of wine. Sometimes your, your best friend

ENG :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I'll be pretty much off of the grid when I move to Texas. Large garden, solar and wind power wired in, water well, high efficiency wood stove, chickens for meat and eggs, family is nearby, etc. I still want to shoot with SASS pards, go to the local church, dine at the local eatery, etc., so no one will ever be totally off of the grid unless they are truly a hermit.

We don't have a little cabin in the mountains or desert, but we do live in the swamp and you can be secluded, which is nice. No, you are not alone. I actually hate to have to go to town for any reason, but like you said you have to have basics.

Kinda crazy, ain't it? Feeling isolated, we dream of even more isolation? We have to resist that desire. We have to accept the fact that the fight of our lives is in front of us, and we cannot and must not run away. We are, by nature, a peace-loving lot; we follow the creed of "Live and Let Live"; but certain folks have taken it upon themselves to throw a beehive into our camp, and we just can't run away and hide. Not if we really believe in our rights as free men.

Ten years ago, I wouldn't have recognized this conflict as important. I was younger, more self-centered, and didn't own a gun. But I'm older and wiser now, and I see a much larger issue here than what style gun can be in my safe. Some of our opponents are mere political opportunists, trying to ride a wave of public outrage to appear as though they are "on the public's side". They need to be confronted with the possibility that they will lose their positions of power if they continue to attack our rights. Many of their constituents are ordinary urban and suburban folks, uneducated on the foundations of our Republic, and easily persuaded to either side of the argument, depending upon the heat of the moment. They are asleep, and need to be awakened. They will never become avid shooters, but they can and must be shown the progressive danger of stripping us of our ability to defend ourselves. Only then will they turn to their government and say, "Hold on a minute, friend...". If I could be awakened 10 years ago, they can be awakened now.

As tempting as it may be, DO NOT run away and hide. Stand tall and speak clearly and respectfully and often. Despite the gloom in the media (and a lot of what we are feeling is based upon the fact that the media is stirring the anti sentiment in a disgraceful display of one-sided "reporting"), people will listen to polite, energetic informed debate. They will reconsider their knee-jerk reaction to Sandy Hook (which even a few of us may have had)if they hear an intelligent discussion of the guarantee of the right to protect yourself and your family. Ironically, no matter where you live, there is not much confidence in the ability of the government to protect us from harm. Folks in the cities have seen that the government is a toothless tiger in dealing with drugs, street crime, hurricanes, "super storms" and even flu epidemics. They do NOT have a basic TRUST of government; they have, instead, a basic level of inertia, in which they LET the government follow its crooked path UNTIL it steps on their toes. THEN they cry out for change. We need to create that tipping point; we need to help folks see that the government is about to take from them the most precious rights that they could ever have, even if they would never buy a gun. It is not an EASY argument, but it is NECESSARY.

These ARE the times that try men's souls. Put on your Patriot face, and get out among the people. Do not be discouraged; there are MILLIONS of us with you!

LL

Archived