SASS Wire Forum

Looking for good TG's Any left...

Clyde

Now that the voting is done. It looks like:

#1 FAILED! Should the penalty for overloading a rifle be eliminated?

174 yes

135 no

#2 FAILED! Should the penalty for leaving an empty in a long gun be eliminated?

130 yes

179 no

#3 FAILED! Should we have a Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter category?

194 yes

115 no

#4 PASSED! Should we change the BW rule to allow guns from 1880 to be used, so the Burgess rifle is acceptable?

278 yes

30 no

Cool at least i know now if i want to get Burgess I can shoot BW.

Next Shooter...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1 and 2 I am ambivalent about, can see and understand the concerns of both sides. #3 irritates me a bunch, even though I will probably never shoot it myself. The "no change" crowd won this one.

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433

If this is how their clubs directed them to vote... then the TG's didn't fail SASS!!

Can't believe that FCGF didn't make it!! The others deserved to die as they woulda probably needed a couple new pages added to the rule book to clarify :D

It appears the convention turn out was/is low...

Thank god that TG representing a club with 10 shooters has the same voting power as a TG representing 500...boy howdy...thank god!

:D

Just thought I'd add that, ( and I checked ta' make sure I did read this right )

Page 18 of the Chronicle, I read there are over 600 SASS Clubs, why only 309 votes total ?

Wimpy ( just wonderin' ? )

Thank god that TG representing a club with 10 shooters has the same voting power as a TG representing 500...boy howdy...thank god!

:FlagAm:

Kinda like the Senate... :D

Guest diablo slim shootist

Dear SANTA- all i wanted for Christmas is Frontier cartridge gunfighter

but thanks for the lump of coal anyway im sure it will keep me warm till spring. :D

:D

What I'd REALLY like to see, and believe all members have the right to see, is a breakdown of how each TG voted and the number of active members in the club they represent!

Just thought I'd add that, ( and I checked ta' make sure I did read this right )

Page 18 of the Chronicle, I read there are over 600 SASS Clubs, why only 309 votes total ?

Wimpy ( just wonderin' ? )

I guess that means that 51.5% (a majority) of the TG's are doing their job. :D but it sure should be a MUCH larger majority :FlagAm:

(BTW, clubs are not "required" to have a TG. I'm guessing that many of the 600 don't.)

Then get off your butts!

Pay your lifer dues, get elected as your club's TG

Then you have a better chance of getting what you want

And pay your own way to Loss Wages

This method is working for the Hispanics and Muslin take over of this "Christian" nation

Point number one, the TG's present, and those that sent in their proxy, voted the way their clubs requested them to. Saying the TG's failed is pure bunk.

The TG's that took the time to do their jobs correctly should be applauded not chastised. It was not SASS or the TG's that made these calls, it was the membership on the clubs that were represented.

The real problem is the failure of many TG's to do anything at all. The clubs not represented should replace their TG if they want to be represented. If not, don't complain about how the votes fall.

Personally, I would like for SASS to publish the names of the clubs that were represented. That way, when you don't see your clubs name, you can ask WHY NOT!

I may be dense but the voting results look confusing. It says "#3 FAILED! Should we have a Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter category?

194 yes

115 no

But according to the votes 194 people voted yes, and 115 no. So it looks like it passed?? Unless im reading it wrong, can someone explain it to me or clarify how the voting process works.

The results of the voting look acceptable to me.

For those that belong to a large club, support small club(s) by joining them too. Then your wishes are heard and voted on by the TG's from those clubs.

Clarification,,,,, a shooter can still shoot FCGF but they will not be reconized at the awards banquet and given a shingle or stone?

I may be dense but the voting results look confusing. It says "#3 FAILED! Should we have a Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter category?

194 yes

115 no

But according to the votes 194 people voted yes, and 115 no. So it looks like it passed?? Unless im reading it wrong, can someone explain it to me or clarify how the voting process works.

It requires a 2/3 majority of the votes to pass. 309 clubs represented equates to about 206 for that number. Close, but no ceegar.

194 yes

115 no

I believe but open to be corrected,,,, you need 2/3's vote to win.

If I recall correctly the vote count for FCGF was higher in our favor this year in comparison to last year, we're getting there pards just keeping tlking with your TG.

Those of you who shoot FCGF can come up to New England and be recognized. Most if not every club up here offers the category in monthly and state matches. As well you can join us at the 2011 Nor'Easter along with DeadHead, Wylie Harp, Snake River Clay, Barley Pop Bill, Lou Graham, Critter T Longshot and me to shoot the category. Dates this year are July 21-24, register early...

Hey Capt, like how I got that plug in real sneaky like?

Point number one, the TG's present, and those that sent in their proxy, voted the way their clubs requested them to. Saying the TG's failed is pure bunk.

Yep. Saying they failed, is a slap in the face at those that went on there own dime.

For two years in a row. The clubs voted to pretty much say. No changes for awhile.

As if I remember right. Most, if not all failed last year also.

Iron Pony is correct.

And due to his clubs involvement and shooter pressure, we now have FCGF at the Maryland State Shoot and the NE Regional, The Mason Dixon Stampede.

FCGF is treated just like all the other categories and does get the appropriate awards like all the other categories.

If your own club will not shoot a new category, how can you expect all clubs to offer it? If you want a new category, just do it!

Roo

The TG's that took the time to do their jobs correctly should be applauded not chastised. It was not SASS or the TG's that made these calls, it was the membership on the clubs that were represented.

The real problem is the failure of many TG's to do anything at all. The clubs not represented should replace their TG if they want to be represented. If not, don't complain about how the votes fall.

Personally, I would like for SASS to publish the names of the clubs that were represented. That way, when you don't see your clubs name, you can ask WHY NOT!

Once again I agree with Roo.

I'm very disgusted with the results. I don't know what is to be done, but something needs to happen. It may be time to post all of the votes cast on the wire so that the membership can see just who in this game is holding things up. Also, I was an original supporter of the "Proxy" vote, but I'm starting to rethink that.

Snakebite

I'm very disgusted with the results. I don't know what is to be done, but something needs to happen. It may be time to post all of the votes cast on the wire so that the membership can see just who in this game is holding things up. Also, I was an original supporter of the "Proxy" vote, but I'm starting to rethink that.

Snakebite

I would be in favor of eliminating the PROXY vote if the Convention was held somewhere around the middle of the country! Until then I will continue to submit my PROXY votes. :D

#3 FAILED! Should we have a Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter category?

194 yes

115 no

You call that a failure?? - not IMO!

GG ~ :D

Snakebite

I agree. You've got the "horsepower"! Make it happen.

p.s. I want a recount on #3 :D

One that hasn't been mentioned is that a TG can represent more than one club. I belong to 3 clubs and two of them are have the same TG.

Being realistic, not all clubs have a life member or someone that is willing to take on the responsibility of being an active TG.

It would be great if all clubs had a TG that could attend and represent their club in person. But that is probably a little unrealistic.

There is a lot of things going on at the convention besides the votes. There is plenty of conversation where TG's hear what is going on in other areas and the common sharing of information that could benefit your club.

As I was responsible for counting the votes, I can tell you that the vast majority of the TG's with multiple clubs, and TG's with proxies, voted the clubs differently. In other words, not all of the club votes (that they were responsible for) were the same. I was VERY pleased to see that they voted as they were instructed to by the club they carried votes for.

The sad part is around half of the clubs were not represented at all. That is the fault of the TG's that failed to submit a proxy or vote for their club. If there is any area to give any blame, that is it. This is not the fault of SASS or the TG's that were there.

Do you know who your TG is? I would ask how they voted. If they did not vote or have your clubs vote sent by proxy, ask WHY NOT.

Do you know who your TG is? I would ask how they voted. If they did not vote or have your clubs vote sent by proxy, ask WHY NOT.[/size]

Yep. Proud to say I do.

And also know that the club wanted something different than the TG. But also proud that the TG went with how the club wanted

and not his personal feelings.

Did I see his vote??? NO. But would bet dollars to dounuts that he voted the way the club wanted.

Also glad that all the clubs that I shoot at. Sent votes.

Cinch and Roo are so right about an TG doing his job in seeing that his club's wishes are supported in his proxy (or vote by attendance). I have numerous times made a vote as club wished, but not my personal desires (and did so on several issues this year). I certainly feel I did my part to "earn my pay". And, like Snakebite, I am disappointed in the outcome, but certainly not surprised. As Phantom mentioned for the percentage of votes cast they are not particularly the best illustration of member's wishes but that of clubs, no matter the size. Unfortunately there are not near enough clubs making the net results.

I do still support proxy, just would like to see more clubs using the method to make a louder voice on desires. Heck, it might still net out the same but a better percentage of representation would sure be more comforting.

Well I'm one that goes on my own dime. I just got back home last night. Kat couldn't go for health reasons. So I go just for the TG meeting, then come home. No financial help from the large Gun Club, where I'm a board member. I vote the way my Cowboy club wants me to vote. I send out an email the week before I go with the questions . I ask they send back the email with there votes on each item. I add up the votes & vote accordingly. Pretty simple. I don't always agree with what I get back. But I vote the way the Cowboys ask me too by majority. You wouldn't believe how many did not take time to send back their votes, but will bitch about the outcome. Kinda sounds like our own political system in this country.

Rev

Archived