SASS Wire Forum

Civil War 2024

This looks interesting, I'll probably go see it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17279496/

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

There has been a civil war going on since 2016.

Longer than that, it's just more out in the open and it's going to get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

Both parties are drifting farther and farther apart and both sides are increasingly unwilling to compromise with each other.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Chantry said:

Longer than that, it's just more out in the open and it's going to get worse before it gets better, if it ever does.

Both parties are drifting farther and farther apart and both sides are increasingly unwilling to compromise with each other.

And like all wars, it's the civilians that suffer the most...us.

The movie sound interesting, I'll go see it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chantry said:

I somewhat agree but there’s a few democrats that are leaving the party or at least openly disagreeing with the policies . I think the farther left they go you’ll see more dems leave.

Same thing if it went too far right. ^_^

24 minutes ago, Chantry said:

increasingly unwilling to compromise with each other.

The left has almost always been unwilling to compromise.  Oh, they might settle for less than they  demand,  but keep coming back for more.

Finally conservatives have caught on and take the hard line stance.

https://everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/comment-page-1/#comments

• Like 5

It matters not that folks vote.
What matters is who counts the votes.
The open borders have admitted huge numbers of military age men, Latino, African, Arab and Chinese.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I can’t imagine Texas and California joining forces ever.

I might believe Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, (not under the current regime), and Nevada, but not Texas and California. 

Now maybe California, Oregon and Washington, but then they wouldn''t have any guns to make it stick.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The left has almost always been unwilling to compromise.  Oh, they might settle for less than they  demand,  but keep coming back for more.

Finally conservatives have caught on and take the hard line stance.

https://everydaynodaysoff.com/2013/11/08/cake-and-compromise-illustrated-guide-to-gun-control/comment-page-1/#comments

As far as the Left is concerned, compromise means the the Right gives in to them. I hope that you are correct the our side is finally growing a pair. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Texas Jack Black said:

Garbage full of political crap.

So you’ve seen the movie? Is it well done or is it more propaganda?

20 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

So you’ve seen the movie? Is it well done or is it more propaganda?

Propaganda   Like most newer movies.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bgavin said:

It matters not that folks vote.
What matters is who counts the votes.
The open borders have admitted huge numbers of military age men, Latino, African, Arab and Chinese.

Yet you live right in the middle of it

3 minutes ago, Texas Jack Black said:

Propaganda   Like most newer movies.

You didn't answer the question...have you seen the movie. Yes or No.

54 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

As far as the Left is concerned, compromise means the the Right gives in to them. I hope that you are correct the our side is finally growing a pair. 

The rank and file, and some of the, call them middle managers like Sen. Cruz, but the "leadership" has all the spine of an undercooked blancmange.  And all too many don't get out and vote, won't write to those in office, won't attend city council meetings to object to things. 

Chantry wrote:
"
Longer than that, it's just more out in the open and it's going to get worse before it gets better, if it ever does."

For the open civil war I'd go back maybe to 2014.  But, as you say, it started before that, it just became more open and more violent, and with things like the Speaker of the House openly calling for more riots, and other members of the House calling for physical attacks on members of the administration, and a Senator making death threats against members of the Supreme Court.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

You didn't answer the question...have you seen the movie. Yes or No.

Yes

8 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

This looks interesting, I'll probably go see it!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17279496/

Ignore the sales hype he has some very interesting predictions. It is gonna be scary no matter who wins in November. But Michael O'Bama is the scariest option.  The Dem's Secret Plan to "Rig" the 2024 Election (thecontrolplan.com)

TM

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

And like all wars, it's the civilians that suffer the most...us.

There comes a time in a man’s life when he must spit into his hands and hoist the black flag.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  We've BEEN in a (mostly) civil war (sometimes UNcivil) for quite a while.  We're just not shooting (much) yet.......

Yep, up to this point it’s been “civil” :P

• Like 2

I have a feeling that if Anti-fart starts their Nazi like shenanigans again I do believe there will be blood in the streets. 

• Like 4

until we start shooting at each other ill refrain from calling it a civil war , i will call it a severe deadlock in philosophy , ill also point out that our professional politicians were never intended by the forefathers , they wanted them to be common men willing to volunteer to lead , 

we are no longer living under the intent of the constitution - our government has become a spending ,machine of our money - the money we offered willingly was to be used to protect us , our boarders and our people , not to pay for everything its being spent on today , there is a reason it took 16 amendments to get to a national tax = and that was a mistake , 

i hope we dont start shooting but i fear its starting in the crime areas and will spill out , we need to support the law enforcement to contain it , we need to control our boarder to prevent it and we need to round up and deport a lot of illegal's to get that done , there is a path - it can be improved but it must be followed , 

criminals must be retained and prosecuted then if guilty detained , the laws that allow squatters rights over owners need to be repealed and trespassers need to go to jail , 

the more likely fist step will be vigilante activity , then all out civil war , i dont get why we are being led to these by those that we elected , or appointed , or those that think they are scholarly ..............i see how it came about , i dont get the gain they expect by the outcome , 

anyway im locked and loaded , ive got my ammo stash , im old and hope never to see such a thing , VN / Kent State  / Alabama / 911 , ive seen enough BS in my life , why not look to having everyone do better without government interference or meddling as was intended ? 

• Like 3

It's a fantasy, but there are those who like fantasies.

Not that there aren't worries. But as I tell my kids, in the 1960s our president, his brother who may have become  president, and MLK were murdered, and several of our cities not only had riots-- they burned. Those were bad years.

But we seem to have made it through.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Very sad and extremely depressing to think this could ever happen in the U.S.

Really have to think is a movie like this something that is needed?

Well we’ve had disaster movies before, Red Dawn, Independence Day, hurricane and earthquake movies etc etc. It’s only a movie!

56 minutes ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

let us hope it remains "only a movie " 

CB 

If not I wanna be on the side with the guns!!B)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, watab kid said:

ill also point out that our professional politicians were never intended by the forefathers , they wanted them to be common men willing to volunteer to lead , 

we are no longer living under the intent of the constitution

And there's the problem.  Being a politician has become a career choice and  we have people from both parties that have spent most of their working life in Congress.  I doubt term limits would fix the problem, because then the staffers will be the ones with the power.  And we can't forget the bureaucracy, filled with more careerists that are virtually impossible to fire.

Ask the average person about running for Congress and you'll most likely get an answer of "No way!" or something similar. 

11 hours ago, watab kid said:

ill also point out that our professional politicians were never intended by the forefathers , they wanted them to be common men willing to volunteer to lead , 

If they intended that then why didn't they write it in the Constitution? They had to know that some people would make careers out of being a politician otherwise they would have written in term limits, but they didn't! Hmmm......

59 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

If they intended that then why didn't they write it in the Constitution? They had to know that some people would make careers out of being a politician otherwise they would have written in term limits, but they didn't! Hmmm......

Term limit is called voting.  Senate WAS written into constitution as States Representative, populous was House of Reps. Senators were not supposed to be popular votes they were supposed to be appt by the State.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Texas Joker said:

Term limit is called voting.  Senate WAS written into constitution as States Representative, populous was House of Reps. Senators were not supposed to be popular votes they were supposed to be appt by the State.

So when did that change? I don’t think that was ever written. You said they were "supposed" to be appointed by the state but where is that actually written in the Constitution? 

Edited by Rye Miles #13621