SASS Wire Forum

Which is the most 'Cowboy State' in the U.S.A?

9 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Wyoming (known as the Cowboy State) , and not liberal Laramie or Jackson Hole . Its probably actually more of a 3 state region WYoming, South Dakota and Montana 

Sorry Texas you dont calve in a Blizzard

Thanks....not trying to start a range war.

Just adding to my bucket list.

9 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Thanks....not trying to start a range war.

Just adding to my bucket list.

Ohh we have had Range Wars up here , Johnson County War and well Big cattlemen tried pushing out little one and brought up hired guns from Texas that didnt end well for them, 
 The Buffalo/ Kaycee area is awesome , TA Ranch and Hole in the Wall area  ( worked ranches in that area ) Lots of History around Here. Butch and Sundance , Tom Horn , Wild Bill in Deadwood (although Deadwood plays the fable route on Most of that for tourists ) 

The Deadwood and SD historical society kinda hide somethings and well Family has been here for years had our own county , town and my ancestor was Mashal Burdick the man that hung Jack McCall .

Edited by PowderRiverCowboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

In my humble opinion, Texas

You know 15-20 years ago I would have agreed with that and of Course many north of that Red River , Love Texas for the rodeos when I was riding .

Texas has size of ranches over this area I think our Largest in Wyoming in Pathfinder @ 638,000 acres  compared to the Chief Joseph ranch (where Yellowstone is filmed)  @ 2500 acres 
 6666 ranch in Texas  is 260,00 was at one time 330,000 but add in the King @ 825,000 and several other well over 250,000 acres 

Up here you need appx 1.5-2 acres per head of cattle average down n Texas I have heard up to 10acres per head 

• Like 3

You can't have cowboys without cows. Texas, California, Oklahoma and Missouri are the top 4, and Texas tops the list by a wide margin.

https://app.usda-reports.penguinlabs.net/?crop=cattle&statistic=calf_crop_head&year=2023

Yee-Haw!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

In my humble opinion, Texas

Texas in mho as well! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

But are we talking real COWboys or CAS cowboys??:P

I assume the OP meant real cowboys!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

8h3rsc.jpg

We got em here in Ohio! There’s a guy that raises them right down the road from one of the shoots I go to. I love seeing them on my way!!

IMG_0158.jpeg

IMG_0163.jpeg

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We've got a farm here the long haired ones with long horns. Cool beasts!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Wyoming (known as the Cowboy State) , and not liberal Laramie or Jackson Hole . Its probably actually more of a 3 state region WYoming, South Dakota and Montana 

Sorry Texas you dont calve in a Blizzard

Being a native Texan and living in central Texas I still say Texas is king but we are losing it fast from all the liberal CA's moving into the state. Not sure how much longer we are going to be at the top. I love Wyoming and Montana and South Dakota and would consider relocating to any of the three if CA completely takes over Texas.

Your right about calving in a Blizzard, we are smarter than that. LOL

TM

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's amazing, irritating and disgusting how the liberals are just taking over and destroying this country. Apparently we must be the ones that are wrong.:angry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Texas Maverick said:

Being a native Texan and living in central Texas I still say Texas is king but we are losing it fast from all the liberal CA's moving into the state. Not sure how much longer we are going to be at the top. I love Wyoming and Montana and South Dakota and would consider relocating to any of the three if CA completely takes over Texas.

Your right about calving in a Blizzard, we are smarter than that. LOL

TM

The Damn calves are not smart thats for sure LOL never seems to fail we get a week of severe cold and blizzards here they come .  
 Texas has the Rodeos on us and year round ropings ect  Love the Hill Country of Texas but little to flat for me nothing better then the smell of pine on a cool morning .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

The Damn calves are not smart thats for sure LOL never seems to fail we get a week of severe cold and blizzards here they come .  
 Texas has the Rodeos on us and year round ropings ect  Love the Hill Country of Texas but little to flat for me nothing better then the smell of pine on a cool morning .

Yeah, lived in the Denver area for about 10 years and loved the mountains but not the liberal attitudes that moved in. Here in Texas I love that we can shoot every weekend all year long.

TM

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

We've got a farm here the long haired ones with long horns. Cool beasts!

Scottish Highland breed? We've got a few farms here in the Shenn Valley raising those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

It's amazing, irritating and disgusting how the liberals are just taking over and destroying this country. Apparently we must be the ones that are wrong.:angry:

No, we’re not stupid. ;)

6 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Did you ever see the movie "Idiocracy"? It's not that we're wrong, stupid, or anything else. They're simply outbreeding us!

• Thanks 1

At one time in the early 1900's, Florida was second, only to Texas, in the cattle industry. Florida is now 10th or 11th in the nation in the industry at this time. Believe it or not, cattle were first introduced to the U.S. by Ponce DeLeon in Florida.

A brief history of cattle in Florida below.

https://blogs.ifas.ufl.edu/ifascomm/2014/07/10/cracker-extension-beef-cattle-and-the-end-of-floridas-open-range/

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 1:55 PM, PowderRiverCowboy said:

Ohh we have had Range Wars up here , Johnson County War and well Big cattlemen tried pushing out little one and brought up hired guns from Texas that didnt end well for them, 
 The Buffalo/ Kaycee area is awesome , TA Ranch and Hole in the Wall area  ( worked ranches in that area ) Lots of History around Here. Butch and Sundance , Tom Horn , Wild Bill in Deadwood (although Deadwood plays the fable route on Most of that for tourists ) 

The Deadwood and SD historical society kinda hide somethings and well Family has been here for years had our own county , town and my ancestor was Mashal Burdick the man that hung Jack McCall .

Bugger, looked everywhere for Johnson County War but can't find it anywhere to view. 

Cowboys live in Southern and Central Idaho. my family has worked a cattle ranch in Fremont County for seven generations.  We once had our own train station. Sadly,  sicko liberals have infected every state but Idaho only has Boise and "skiing:" Sun Valley. Still, this years SASS State Championship is in Boise.

Montana's sickos are in Whitefish, Missoula and Butte,

Wyoming's  are in Cheyenne but that's also where the state championship is held.

The big cities in Illinois, Oregon and Washington sicken otherwise great states.

• Like 1