SASS Wire Forum

Bass pro and cabelas and the government

I saw a report on fox business channel today that the government told banks to search their customers records for purchases that mention the following,”maga, Trump, cabelas, bass pro, or dicks sporting goods among others” and to inform the government so those customers could be tracked as potential terrorist.  

my wife bought me some shirts from cabelas so now she is a threat in their eyes.   The last few shootings were not done by bass pro customers buying fishing gear but transgender idiots who likely never set foot in a bass pro shop.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

I saw a report on fox business channel today that the government told banks to search their customers records for purchases that mention the following,”maga, Trump, cabelas, bass pro, or dicks sporting goods among others” and to inform the government so those customers could be tracked as potential terrorist.  

my wife bought me some shirts from cabelas so now she is a threat in their eyes.   The last few shootings were not done by bass pro customers buying fishing gear but transgender idiots who likely never set foot in a bass pro shop.  

If there are lists, you and the rest of us have been on them long before the Fox news report

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I think it’s pretty clear the FBI, CIA, the justice department and the US military are at odds with individual liberty and freedom. There may be a lot of good people in these places with good intentions and noble ideals, but the resulting actions of these entities over the last 100 years or so indicates allegiances and purposes which disregard ordinary American folk..

I find it a pity to waste one’s youth, and the most productive part of one’s life, within these agencies, or today’s military for that matter.

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins
  • Like 1

Welcome to the club the fact they are letting you know now means they have done it for years. Been on that list multiple times as a Returning Combat Vet you are placed on that list when returning from combat . 

You are probably put on that list for being on this forum and paying your membership dues .

• Like 3

That all said, I keep having the fundamental question float to the surface:  Whether you're a Donalt supporter or NOT, what's wrong with the basic concept and the words "Make America Great Again?"  :huh:

(And for what it's worth, a departed old friend's ashes reside in a box on the mantle - that box wears a MAGA hat)  :FlagAm:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Dicks hasn’t had any firearms or accessories for years !  What’s the guvmint looking for people that buy baseball bats?:wacko:

• Haha 1

Screw the government!

MAGA

2nd Amendment 

Gun rights!

Trump

Cabela’s

Bass Pro

NRA

Now I should have their attention, but I have one more thing for the government.

IMG_6267.thumb.jpeg.2031bd52d9ef60228c048ba46ed4d4f4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Dicks hasn’t had any firearms or accessories for years !  What’s the guvmint looking for people that buy baseball bats?:wacko:

Dicks has long guns and ammunition.  Mostly shotguns, no pistols or EBR's

At least ours did before it shut down last year

Edited by Texas Joker

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

That all said, I keep having the fundamental question float to the surface:  Whether you're a Donalt supporter or NOT, what's wrong with the basic concept and the words "Make America Great Again?"  :huh:

(And for what it's worth, a departed old friend's ashes reside in a box on the mantle - that box wears a MAGA hat)  :FlagAm:

Simple, there is a lot of disagreement on defining what makes America great.

One sub-section feels banning guns in civilian hands would make America great.  There are two groups opposed to each other, one group wants more immigrants illegal or otherwise, the other wants the borders closed.  Both sides feel their goal would make America greater.

Every year the two major factions in American politics grower farther and farther apart on what they think will make America great (or greater.  

I don't know what the future that I'm likely to see will bring, I just know I'm not optimistic.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I find it a pity to waste one’s youth, and the most productive part of one’s life, within these agencies, or today’s military for that matter.

I think that I can speak for those of us here that were in the Military in saying that we were trying to do Good for our country and our loved ones. 

I'd also say that about 98% of those in today's Military are there for the same reasons. Probably the same for the Rank and File in the alphabet agencies too. 

Unfortunately, it seem that most of the "leadership" in those agencies are there for political reasons of their own.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

Dicks has long guns and ammunition.  Mostly shotguns, no pistols or EBR's

At least ours did before it shut down last year

The ones here haven’t had any firearms for 4-5 years!! I thought it was a corporate decision as they sold off all their firearms to distributors back then. I guess some still had them but not now!

https://thegunzone.com/which-dicks-sporting-goods-no-longer-sell-firearms-list/

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1

ive been a bass pro customer since they opened and cabela's customer since i moved here in 82 [yes i know they are now the same but they weren't back then] ive never set foot in dicks but e have one gere - im not connected with that bank - but they should always ask for a warrant for their own protection , that would have exempted them in my mind but now i see them as complicent in the current DOJ/FBI/IRS political 3rd world country crap against conservatives , 

getting trump is old news - going after us is another thing , and thats what they are doing 

• Like 1

#FJB 

#fjb

#LetsgoBrandon 

#maga 

#Trump2024 

I support Donald J Trump for President of The United States of America !

Rooster 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I saw that report also. They do this only against conservatives. They don't dig deep and do this to even years later find liberals who rioted, looted, killed black store owners, etc. One sided weaponization of the courts and law enforcement.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

I saw that report also. They do this only against conservatives. They don't dig deep and do this to even years later find liberals who rioted, looted, killed black store owners, etc. One sided weaponization of the courts and law enforcement.

Well, yeah. People who rioted, looted, killed black store owners, burned their cities, or walled off portions of them were "Peaceful Protesters".

Anybody who contested the "results" of the last election is guilty of "Insurrection".  

• Thanks 1

It's kinda cool when you 4473 at the LGS with a VERY common name and the guy is like yea, yea, I dunno. Looks at me and says are you the one with the secret clearance? And I'm like yep...

I know I'm on lists

• Like 1

thats hy we have our second amendment right , im not suggesting we exercise it yet , but the founders said that if a government got big enough they would no longer be "of the people [or] for the people" its our right to not necessarily accept what they say . too many questions of why they are doing what they are doing or just plain obvious 3rd world activities here , we cant allow this to stand , 

• Like 2

On 1/18/2024 at 5:21 PM, Chantry said:

...One sub-section feels banning guns in civilian hands would make America great...

These people are free to leave America and go live in China where I have no doubt they'd feel safer.

Edited by Dantankerous
  • Like 1