SASS Wire Forum

Wayne LaPierre Resigns

LaPierre has resigned as head of the NRA. Maybe the ship can now be righted and the fight for YOUR  ALL American's 2nd Amendment rights can continue.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/wayne-lapierre-announces-resignation-as-nra-chief

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Does this mean that the media and the gun grabbers will now turn their attention to the other great Pro 2A organizations that also do battle against them?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I take no joy in any man's comeuppance, but you can't clean without sweepin' or moppin'...just sayin'....SB

• Like 6

5 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

ABOUT DAMN TIME! :angry:

Yes it is. I was so fed up with that guy I couldn't bring myself to support some of what they were doing. Lets hope we can regain some momentum and some respect. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

What did you say Cypress Sun?

I don't know, I didn't say anything that got deleted. I had this on the Wire, they moved it.

Lumpy stated something, I guess the mods deleted it, don't remember what it was but it didn't seem offensive to me.

1 minute ago, Cypress Sun said:

I don't know, I didn't say anything that got deleted. I had this on the Wire, they moved it.

Lumpy stated something, I guess the mods deleted it, don't remember what it was but it didn't seem offensive to me.

Well, this fell flat. :lol:

I was hoping you’d say “Wayne LaPierre Resigns” then I would say “Really? Can you repeat that…

At some point I would say “I just like reading it over and over.”:D

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Pat Riot said:

Well, this fell flat. :lol:

I was hoping you’d say “Wayne LaPierre Resigns” then I would say “Really? Can you repeat that…

At some point I would say “I just like reading it over and over.”:D

Wayne LaPierre resigns!

Drinks are on my tab tonight!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm planning to write a check to the NRA (for the first time in years) on Feb 1, with a note that says, "Don't let it happen again."

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

about time , maybe the NRA will be able to get back to the business at hand instead of funding he and his cronies , lets see who takes charge m u might be inclined to give again , 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I'm planning to write a check to the NRA (for the first time in years) on Feb 1, with a note that says, "Don't let it happen again."

I have been donating to the NRA , but not like I used to. Of course, I don’t have as much income as I once did since retiring, but I will increase my support once LaPierre is gone!

• Like 2

GREAT IDEA, I will do the same right now! Everyone should do this!B)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I can’t wait to read the touching tribute to him in the next American  Hunter.

Brilliant!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Does this mean that the media and the gun grabbers will now turn their attention to the other great Pro 2A organizations that also do battle against them?

I doubt it, they have some momentum so will use this to further discredit the NRA and attempt to bleed it absolutely dry. Replacing the NRA with anything of its scale, size, resources and organization is about impossible. Let’s say the NRA totally evaporated today. People would either choose from a multitude of groups or abstain entirely. There’d be several splintered groups jockeying for position, with weaker influence compared to the NRA’s current collective power.

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am far more impressed by the efforts of GOA, et al.
NRA always has its hand out for money, and blows it on management and give-away booby prize crap.

I'd druther the money was spent on lawsuits fighting the Marxists.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

4 hours ago, watab kid said:

about time , maybe the NRA will be able to get back to the business at hand instead of funding he and his cronies , lets see who takes charge m u might be inclined to give again , 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

I have been donating to the NRA , but not like I used to. Of course, I don’t have as much income as I once did since retiring, but I will increase my support once LaPierre is gone!

55 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

GREAT IDEA, I will do the same right now! Everyone should do this!B)

45 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I can’t wait to read the touching tribute to him in the next American  Hunter.

Brilliant!

Take this any way you'd like but...here's a little further info on the immediate future of the NRA.

Long time NRA executive and Head of General Operations, Andrew Arulanandam is slated to become CEO and EVP of the NRA on an interim basis. He was a close associate of LaPierre.

Former NRA board member (running again as an "independent" whatever that is), Phillip Journey stated that LaPierre's resignation doesn't remedy the persistent rot within the NRA. He also stated (exact quote) "Honestly, the grifter is a snake with many heads and this is just one."

I personally will be watching very closely at what emerges from the trial/investigation. I don't believe for a second that LaPierre was the only one involved in the corruption and misappropriation of funds at the NRA. I will withhold any donations, on my part, until such a time that I am satisfied that the ones that committed the acts of fraud, theft and corrupt dealings are no longer a part of the NRA or affiliates.

I'm glad that LaPierre will be gone...I just don't believe that he's the only culprit in this whole debacle. My only wish is for the NRA to once again become the powerhouse for the protection of 2nd Amendment rights for all Americans and for future generations of gun owners to come.

:FlagAm:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

@Cypress Sun I have a feeling that you are correct in your assessment of the current NRA. 

It’s really too bad the NRA doesn’t have a watchdog department like an OIG - office of the inspector general, or the like. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Take this any way you'd like but...here's a little further info on the immediate future of the NRA.

Long time NRA executive and Head of General Operations, Andrew Arulanandam is slated to become CEO and EVP of the NRA on an interim basis. He was a close associate of LaPierre.

Former NRA board member (running again as an "independent" whatever that is), Phillip Journey stated that LaPierre's resignation doesn't remedy the persistent rot within the NRA. He also stated (exact quote) "Honestly, the grifter is a snake with many heads and this is just one."

I personally will be watching very closely at what emerges from the trial/investigation. I don't believe for a second that LaPierre was the only one involved in the corruption and misappropriation of funds at the NRA. I will withhold any donations, on my part, until such a time that I am satisfied that the ones that committed the acts of fraud, theft and corrupt dealings are no longer a part of the NRA or affiliates.

I'm glad that LaPierre will be gone...I just don't believe that he's the only culprit in this whole debacle. My only wish is for the NRA to once again become the powerhouse for the protection of 2nd Amendment rights for all Americans and for future generations of gun owners to come.

AMEN!!

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

NYC is suing LaPierre and a few others for breaking tax exempt rules. Normally NYC is someone I don’t agree with but they may be right on this lawsuit. I wonder if one of the others are going to take LaPierres spot??

We mustn’t lose sight of the primary purpose of the lawsuit which is to dismantle the NRA entirely. I’m glad the rot has been exposed, but Letitia James said early on the NRA shouldn’t be allowed to exist. Hopefully a new board and structure will prevent that from happening. 

• Like 6

As much as the current situation with the NRA irritates me; there is so much other than 2A defense that they have stood for that would be a shame to lose.

• Like 2

As an original Benefactor 

Member, many discipline instructor and competitor, I am excited about having a refreshing change of  NRA leadership.

It's time to leave the controversy and return to the advocacy that we all need and desire.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have to disagree Eyesa. The NRA lost sight of its original mission of promoting gun safety and shooting sports. Instead it became a political lobbying organization that had little to do with the 2nd amendment and became a liability. That activity should be the purview of PACs. 

To my knowledge, the other shooting sports/2A groups don’t draw the attention, ire and hatred that the NRA has brought upon itself. 

Edited by Abilene Slim SASS 81783
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

To my knowledge, the other shooting sports/2A groups don’t draw the attention, ire and hatred that the NRA has brought upon itself. 

The reason that NRA draws the “attention, ire, and hatred” of the anti-gun/anti-freedom people and organizations is because it is and has been so successful in stemming the tide of unconstitutional legislation and bureaucratic overreach that we have experienced over the last half century and longer.

And NO, Abiliene!!  NRA was formed to protect the Second Amendment rights of people, (ALL PEOPLE) after the War Between the States!!  The founders of the organization took it upon themselves to teach firearms safety and hunter education in order to promote and protect gun owners in general from onerous prosecution and government intrusion on personal liberty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I have to disagree Eyesa. The NRA lost sight of its original mission of promoting gun safety and shooting sports. Instead it became a political lobbying organization that had little to do with the 2nd amendment and became a liability. That activity should be the purview of PACs. 

You make a valid point.

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

I couldn’t disagree with you more. The NRA is the premier gun rights group. They’ve done a lot of lobbying which in turn gets these reps to vote against gun control laws and NRA/ILA is always fighting gun control laws in states courts.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

im sure your right , i also want the NRA back on track and honestly representing our interest in the 2nd , but as long as any remnant of this corrupt admin stay in power we will not be seeing what we want , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

That is the main reason I am happy that LaPierre is gone. I know too many people that use to support the NRA that have either stopped or only do so superficially now due to the extreme excesses of LaPierre. I really don't think much will change but at least the narrative will, and I doubt if there are many others that have been sucking at the NRA's teat for 50 years.

• Like 3

In 2019 I was in a meeting at the headquarters building at the agency I worked for.

There were around 20 people in this room. I am positive that there were only 2 gun owners in the room. Myself and my boss.
My boss and I were discussing the NRA that morning and he was really ticked at the NRA / Wayne LaPierre and he said his money was going elsewhere from now on. 
I told my boss that the NRA had serious name recognition while the other Pro 2A organizations didn’t. 
Anyway, we’re sitting in this conference room waiting on the guy that called the meeting and I leaned over to my boss and said “I am going to prove my point about the NRA vs your new best friend organizations. I’ll bet you lunch that I am right.” 
He accepted the bet. 
This room is full of LA city dwellers. “Woke” people. Very liberal people. 
I stood up and said “I have a question for all of you.” The room got quiet.

”Show of hands. Who knows the organization called the FPC. The Firearms Policy Coalition?”

No hands went up 

“GOA, Gun Owners of America?”

No hands

“SAF, Second Amendment Foundation?”

Everyone looked at each other with blank looks. No hands went up”

“CRPA, the California Rifle and Pistol Association?”

Murmers, no hands. One lady said “California has a gun association?” With a twisted disgusting look on her face. 
I said Okay. Final question. Anyone heard of the NRA?”

Immediately every hand in the room went up.

There was also a lot of discussion about the NRA almost immediately.

I looked at my boss and said:

”You owe me a lunch and THIS (I motioned at the room full of people) is why I will continue to support the NRA. 

The Left doesn’t get too excited when you mention the other Pro 2A organizations, but they lose their minds when the NRA is mentioned. 

Gotta proofread better “only two gun shots owners”? -_- Sheesh!

Edited by Pat Riot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4