Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

THAT'S ENOUGH!!!


Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Recommended Posts

The federal government has crossed a line.  They are messing with my garage door opener now and interfering with free trade and commerce.

 

I just had it rebuilt and the tech who did the work said I'd have to get rid of my LED lights because they interfere with the signal.  He said the twisty ones will work if I can find them.  I can't.  I also can't find any incandescent lights any more.

 

I cannibalized some other lamps in my house until I can fins another solution.

 

I'M, SORRY, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT IT'S ANY OF THE GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESS.....like 99 44/100% of the things they get involved in every single day.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.allstyledoor.com/blog/led-lights-cause-interference-garage-door-opener/#:~:text=Having many LED lights outside,the wiring on each fitting.

 

HUAREW 5 Values 28 Pcs Black Clip-on Ferrite Ring Core RFI EMI Noise Suppressor Cable Clip for 3.5mm 5mm 7mm 9mm 13mm Diameter Cable https://a.co/d/cQKe6lU

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The federal government has crossed a line.  They are messing with my garage door opener now and interfering with free trade and commerce.

 

I just had it rebuilt and the tech who did the work said I'd have to get rid of my LED lights because they interfere with the signal.  He said the twisty ones will work if I can find them.  I can't.  I also can't find any incandescent lights any more.

 

I cannibalized some other lamps in my house until I can fins another solution.

 

I'M, SORRY, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT IT'S ANY OF THE GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESS.....like 99 44/100% of the things they get involved in every single day.

 

I can get you a six pack of 40, 60, or 100 watt old fashioned incandescent bulbs off Amazon.  Just need you to PM me your address.

 

https://www.amazon.com/Frosted-Incandescent-Service-Medium-Lumens/dp/B07PMLV6LD/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2SUV40ONER4XH&keywords=incandescent%2Blight%2Bbulbs&qid=1700962996&sprefix=inca%2Caps%2C431&sr=8-5&th=1

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

 

I can get you a six pack of 40, 60, or 100 watt old fashioned incandescent bulbs off Amazon.  Just need you to PM me your address.

 

https://www.amazon.com/Frosted-Incandescent-Service-Medium-Lumens/dp/B07PMLV6LD/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2SUV40ONER4XH&keywords=incandescent%2Blight%2Bbulbs&qid=1700962996&sprefix=inca%2Caps%2C431&sr=8-5&th=1

Thanks, but I found  some at a local place whose specialty is finding things electrical that no one else can find....like batteries for lawn trimmers, out of production lights, a small motor for operating toys, etc.  I'd forgotten them until  man at Ace Hardware reminded me....and they are only a half block west of Ace so I didn't even have to drive there.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The federal government has crossed a line.  They are messing with my garage door opener now and interfering with free trade and commerce.

 

I just had it rebuilt and the tech who did the work said I'd have to get rid of my LED lights because they interfere with the signal.  He said the twisty ones will work if I can find them.  I can't.  I also can't find any incandescent lights any more.

 

I cannibalized some other lamps in my house until I can fins another solution.

 

I'M, SORRY, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT IT'S ANY OF THE GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESS.....like 99 44/100% of the things they get involved in every single day.

im 100% in agreement with you on this - it seems thye government has been driving every change in our lives since the 60s before that american ingenuity and drive developed the new trends and made them cost effective as well as efficient , today it seems that things are getting more expensive and way less starting to go backward on the effective scale - this BS about regulating our stoves and other appliances is recent the cars are an ongoing thing , our power sources and delivery systems are becoming scarry to say the least , 

 

im not happy with any of it - i still believe on individuals developing and expanding , government is getting in the way these days , 

 

money printing is not helping the economy , turning loose our american economy would , 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting. LED bulbs interfere with garage openers. I am guessing they need to be very close to do so. 
I am wondering @Forty Rod SASS 3935 does it keep the door from opening or closing?

I am guessing if the light is off and you hit the remote to do either the light comes on and the door just stops. Am I right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The light bulbs are on the motor.  The man who does the work for the door company explained that it reduces the signal from the remote to about half and sometimes simply won't recognize the signal for my remote.  The wall switch isn't effected.

 

I put the new bulbs in and found I can open the door form about 400 feet out now.  With the LEDs it was more like 175 feet, so I guess he knows his business.

 

He also said the very powerful LEDs like parking lot lights can screw up openers all over a neighborhood, but I', not near those.  I do have a 3600 lumen flag pole light, but it doesn't seem to bother anthing. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Fluorescent "curly cue" type lamps may affect electronics signals also due to harmonics inherent with the ballast. Incandescent lamps are the correct solution.

Also, pay attention to the "Max Lamps Watts". I know that 60w incandescent isn't a bunch of lumens but it's better than having to replace the lamp socket due to excess heat.

 

When incandescent bulbs are outlawed, only outlaws will have incandescents. They'll have to pry them out of my cold, dead...wait...they'll have to pry them out of the cold, crammed with stuff, hall closet.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm guessing that the signal is only reduced while the LED lights are on.  I rarely used the overhead garage light anyway.  The opener has it's own light and comes on when I open and close the garage door and then goes off after about 5 minutes.  I have a stash of those appliance 40 watt incandescent bulbs that are suppose to be sturdier than regular light bulbs.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The federal government has crossed a line.  They are messing with my garage door opener now and interfering with free trade and commerce.

 

I just had it rebuilt and the tech who did the work said I'd have to get rid of my LED lights because they interfere with the signal.  He said the twisty ones will work if I can find them.  I can't.  I also can't find any incandescent lights any more.

 

I cannibalized some other lamps in my house until I can fins another solution.

 

I'M, SORRY, BUT I DON'T THINK THAT IT'S ANY OF THE GOVERNMENT'S BUSINESS.....like 99 44/100% of the things they get involved in every single day.

The book that came with my new this year openers said the same. I put LEDs in and they work just fine. I haven't had a single issue with them. Try em for yourself, not much to lose but changing them again. I think they just want to sell their own "special opener" bulbs. Good luck 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If all they do is reduce the remote distance, even to 175', just how far do you really need to be from your door when you hit the button? I hit mine as I come in the driveway from about 200' and the door is open when I get there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you use the twisty light bulbs keep a Very close eye on them. When they are at the point of burning out, they can shoot a flame from the bulb. No BS. When I worked at the power plant they even put out a safety bulletin on it. 

 

Stay safe, 

BS

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

The book that came with my new this year openers said the same. I put LEDs in and they work just fine. I haven't had a single issue with them. Try em for yourself, not much to lose but changing them again. I think they just want to sell their own "special opener" bulbs. Good luck 

 

32 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

The book that came with my new this year openers said the same. I put LEDs in and they work just fine. I haven't had a single issue with them. Try em for yourself, not much to lose but changing them again. I think they just want to sell their own "special opener" bulbs. Good luck 

I already have a stash of incandescents (Heavy duty made for using on machinery like ceiling fans) that do work better....and as to how far away do I want to open my door?  Depends on who's chasing me and how fast I'm going!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Many Lustrum ago, I and my "Partner in Crime" would cruse our neighborhoods with a Craftsman door opener.  Press the button about every third house.  Amazing how many garages and other stuff we could open at TWO AM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I retired from the led bulb industry a few years ago and there are a couple of things everyone should know about led bulbs, #1 be very careful with led replacements for tube style lights, read the package because some will actually catch on fire with the wrong ballast, plastic led bulbs can and do get hot enough to melt in some applications and can catch fire, LED bulbs manufactured here in the USA have to meet emission levels to be sold but NO other country importing into the US has to (last I Knew that may have changed) Chinese knock offs are just plain dangerous and all bets are off once you screw them in place, their plastics are often Flammable, melt easy and are almost always poorly assembled.

  Our company dissected many competitors bulb and power supplies for ten years and my one takeaway was “ be scared of your light bulbs” there is some really great stuff out there but there’s waaaayyyy more pure s**t on the market and it’s being sold by everyone not just Amazon. I bought 4 ea 4 foot tubes a few weeks back at Home Depot (correct tubes for my ballast I checked) one of the 4 flash fired inside the tube enough to melt a bubble in the plastic when I plugged it in. I love LEDs but they are not as safe as everyone thinks they are

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

A little fun facts on why they want you to use LED bulbs , we used them in Iraq to gain intel we can now hide transmitters inside them to listen and video what goes on inside that room . 

I'm pretty sure that the LEDs you get at Walmart won't have that capability. Now if the GOVERNMENT start passing them out for FREE....

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'm pretty sure that the LEDs you get at Walmart won't have that capability. Now if the GOVERNMENT start passing them out for FREE....


And you would be wrong 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/WiFi-Bulb-Security-Camera-Wireless-Bulb-Fisheye-LED-Light-360-Panoramic-Remote-Cameras-Motion-Detection-iPhone-Android-Windows/945278494

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I watched a Youtube video a while back where the guy studied CFL's vs Incandescent and the real cost/benefit.

 

Between what he concluded and what I have learned thru experience and other reading and from my electrical engineer son:

 

  1. Incandescent is better for lights that are on for short periods, I forget the time, maybe <10 minutes.
  2. CFL's were more physically polluting, mercury?
  3. The failure mode of CFL's and LED's is usually the circuitry/transformer.  Rarely the bulb.  And that is where the interference comes from.
  4. All bulbs could last much much longer but there is no incentive for manufacturers to do so.
  5. A high percentage of these energy saving bulbs do not last as long as the time they use for the savings calculation.  I am told that soe country has caught on and requires the bulb to be certified and there is a mechanism to catch and enforce violating manufacturers.  These bulbs as best I can tell are not available in the USA.  And while the Feds forced us to switch they have done nothing about the quality.

 

Last year, I replaced two contractor grade incandescent fixtures in the basement with permanent LED fixtures.  The lighting is great, power usage good I assume but one started flickering and gave up after a year.  So I bought two more and rewired the new one in (not something a basic homeowner can do).  About a week later the other 13 month one started acting up.  There is no savings,  It is a big loss especially if you count time to install.  

 

In business school they teach you how to get the government to help your business thru legislation.  You think the light bulb people didn't use the environmentalists AGAIN?  Freon maybe the same?  Helmets on our kids?  And lets not get started on the cholesterol/statin of COVID Jab Hoax.  The government should do more educating and less forcing IMHO.

 

Yea THEY stuck it to you on light bulbs.  Maybe somebody makes a good one that doesn't interfere...it is the cheep circuitry.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll be interesting to what they force into next! When they forced us into CFLs, I said just wait till they realize they have mercury in them! Well, here we are, don't use fluorescent bulbs or dispose because they have mercury in them! Gotta love the longevity too, I've been lucky to get a year out of them, especially the 3 way. But yet all the boxes say they'll last 8 years. I guess you aren't supposed to turn them on! My newest purchased LEDS say 8 years as well if you only use them 2 hours per day. My kitchen light that is now due to old age, hard to replace bulbs being 15 above the floor are typically on for about 8 hours a day including morning and after sunset. They do use a lot less energy and allow a lot more lumens for the wattage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'm pretty sure that the LEDs you get at Walmart won't have that capability. Now if the GOVERNMENT start passing them out for FREE....

 

Just now, PowderRiverCowboy said:

I'll rephrase: I'm pretty sure that the CHEAP LEDs you get at Walmart won't have that capability.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Gungadin said:

And lets not get started on the cholesterol/statin of COVID Jab Hoax.  The government should do more educating and less forcing IMHO.

Covid was a public health issue for about two weeks. Then it became a political issue. As for educating vs forcing, if there was money to be made, rest assured that's what they'd be doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:


You taking it apart to find out on each one ?  How would you know “trust the government “? 

Those "Spy Bulbs you linked to earlier are $50 bucks apiece. Now even figuring the government might only pay a tenth of that, that's a LOT of money to spy on everybody when most of the sheeple are already posting their every move on social media anyway.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Those "Spy Bulbs you linked to earlier are $50 bucks apiece. Now even figuring the government might only pay a tenth of that, that's a LOT of money to spy on everybody when most of the sheeple are already posting their every move on social media anyway.  

 

That is just the first I pulled up fact is the voice  transmitter is a 45 cent piece that you cant see and can be activated from miles away and set up like your cell phone To key on certain words . 
 The fact that you pay extra knowing what you are installing is not the issue . How would you know if you had one in your home already  You wouldnt I could slip one in without you knowing simple little backyard BBQ 
I know I know trust your LEO and Government to protect you 

Jan 6

IMG_3067.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

 

That is just the first I pulled up fact is the voice  transmitter is a 45 cent piece that you cant see and can be activated from miles away and set up like your cell phone To key on certain words . 
 The fact that you pay extra knowing what you are installing is not the issue . How would you know if you had one in your home already  You wouldnt I could slip one in without you knowing simple little backyard BBQ 
I know I know trust your LEO and Government to protect you 

Jan 6

 

I'm not denying that it's possible, just that the odds are against it. They would have to have placed hundreds of thousands of them in every bulb made. Then to activate them all would be another huge undertaking. 

And no, I DON'T trust LEOs and government to protect me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'm not denying that it's possible, just that the odds are against it. They would have to have placed hundreds of thousands of them in every bulb made. Then to activate them all would be another huge undertaking. 

And no, I DON'T trust LEOs and government to protect me. 


 i Truly understand what you are saying , But in todays world you dont know . Half of the so-called "Patriot accounts " you see on social media are plants to push you into a comment. 
 Even here you dont know me , I could be sitting in a Office cubicle trolling for comments , Ohh, heres one just said 'I dont trust the Gov" run a quick reverse IP Check and well Location found turn on Bulb device. Done  .PS dont call me that again. :) 
 Its that easy anymore . We have cell phone charge cables that hidden in the USB side give me full access to you device .   Have a great day  :) 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:


 i Truly understand what you are saying , But in todays world you dont know . Half of the so-called "Patriot accounts " you see on social media are plants to push you into a comment. 
 Even here you dont know me , I could be sitting in a Office cubicle trolling for comments , Ohh, heres one just said 'I dont trust the Gov" run a quick reverse IP Check and well Location found turn on Bulb device. Done  .PS dont call me that again. :) 
 Its that easy anymore . We have cell phone charge cables that hidden in the USB side give me full access to you device .   Have a great day  :) 

When it comes to social media, what you see here is pretty much it. I don't even know what "Patriot accounts" are. As for my "device" I doubt anybody would find anything of interest on it, it's just a flip phone, and that's all I use it for. :P

But I understand what you're saying. I also know that if the government WERE to decide to take notice of me, there's not a thing that I could do about it.:ph34r: By the way, you're OFF the list for my next BBQ.:D

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Back to your bulbs, if you have led bulbs made after the start of Covid you stand a very good chance of having failures and interference issues with lots of remotes, most all LEDs require a little chip called a driver that regulates the current to the led and keeps it from going poof, when Covid hit almost all of the driver chip makers shut down for close to a year and the supply chain collapsed, what you could get were nasty little chips that burned out easy and made a LOT of noise when they operated ( noise = harmonic distortion, feedback, voltage spiking, weird sine waves ect ect) everybody used them for a good 2 years because that’s all you could get, at least until the reliable makers got their lines back in production, we should be seeing better bulbs now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.