Forged Frame & Slide 

Series 70 internals .

HBM .

( Harden Befor Machined )

Arched Mainspring and Short trigger  with a Lanyard Loop , 

Two  magazines cleaning brush cleaning rod & hard case 

I just got a great buy on a nicely made Tisas 1911A1 US Army 45

From Palmetto State Armory ( 299.99 )

Any one needing or looking for a good deal on a Wildbunch gun .

Here you go !

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sds-imports-45-acp-semi-automatic-pistol-blk-1911a1.html

I got mine recently as a raffle prize at a match. It shows MFRP of $949, see them on GB for $800 or so. Mine is a Republic of Texas model 1 of 1836 for whatever that means value wise! 

IMG_5810.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

Made by whom?

Tisas is a product of Turkey.

Good quality at a good price.

Now...about all that stuff you put on about your accomplishments...do you know it takes like a whole page????

Phantom

I've been shooting both the US Army A1 model and the stainless Duty model in Wild Bunch modern with absolutely no issues.  The importer SDS (now called Tisas USA) is in Knoxville, TN and they replaced the first one when I questioned a blem in the finish - no questions, no charge.  

They had a good article on the Tisas Turkish manufacturer in one of the gun magazines I follow recently.   Very complimentary about high tech new manufacturing facility building high quality at remarkable prices.  I'm a huge Springfield fan but at those prices I just ordered 2 of the Tisas 1911's.  They also have a CZ Shadow 2 I've been salivating for on their Black Friday Sale for $900.  Best price I've ever seen on those.  That was enough to get me off the bench and order.... oh and Wranglers for $140.....  My credit card is squealing. 

On 11/17/2023 at 4:52 PM, Hoss said:

I got mine recently as a raffle prize at a match. It shows MFRP of $949, see them on GB for $800 or so. Mine is a Republic of Texas model 1 of 1836 for whatever that means value wise! 

IMG_5810.jpeg

1836. The year Texas declared its independence from Mexico. 

47 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

1836. The year Texas declared its independence from Mexico. 

I think he knows that...he was joking about how 1 of 1836 might effect value...

Oy...

Phantom

On 11/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Tisas is a product of Turkey.

Good quality at a good price.

Now...about all that stuff you put on about your accomplishments...do you know it takes like a whole page????

Phantom

I set my profile to block all that stuff so I don't have to scroll as much.

On 11/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I have no dog in the fight here .

Forged Frame & Slide 

Series 70 internals .

HBM .

( Harden Befor Machined )

Arched Mainspring and Short trigger  with a Lanyard Loop , 

Two  magazines cleaning brush cleaning rod & hard case 

I just got a great buy on a nicely made Tisas 1911A1 US Army 45

From Palmetto State Armory ( 299.99 )

Any one needing or looking for a good deal on a Wildbunch gun .

Here you go !

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sds-imports-45-acp-semi-automatic-pistol-blk-1911a1.html

I'm glad to see some positive feedback on Tisas.  I'm considering buying one of the 'Duty' variations, using it for Wild Bunch a few years then gifting it to my middle son when he turns 21.  I want all three of my boys to have an EDC pistol, an AR, and a Dillon 750 with appropriate dies by their 21st birthdays.  The two girls could have that stuff too, but so far have demonstrated very little interest.

Mine come with Two 

Mec-gar magazines in the case with a nice hard case cleaning rod bore brush 1911 wrench .

This is a great 1911 for the money  

18 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

I'm glad to see some positive feedback on Tisas.  I'm considering buying one of the 'Duty' variations, using it for Wild Bunch a few years then gifting it to my middle son when he turns 21.  I want all three of my boys to have an EDC pistol, an AR, and a Dillon 750 with appropriate dies by their 21st birthdays.  The two girls could have that stuff too, but so far have demonstrated very little interest.

Great idea. 

With four of my Grandsons I bought them a Life Membership to the NRA &  Henry .22 repeter. On the day they was born .

I figure I will give them a good step forward in life as Republicans 

2 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Great idea. 

With four of my Grandsons I bought them a Life Membership to the NRA…

I seriously thought about doing the same for my grandchildren.  But then I thought it should be their choice if they want to be on the government’s black list so I didn’t.

Not wild bunch legal but I recently acquired a Tissa's Carry Commander sized Ambi safety.  Writing with the proper hand 1911 Safety is not great for me.  Looks to be well made fit and finish excellent.  Came with 2 mag 8 round and 2 sets of grips.  Should I decide to put an Ambi safety on one of my other 1911s will not have to modify or buy ambi grip as I have one.

On 11/17/2023 at 3:24 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

It's called an "I love me" wall" and yer right, takes up a whole page

1st time I've ever agreed with Phantom:o

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 9:23 AM, Dred Bob said:

They had a good article on the Tisas Turkish manufacturer in one of the gun magazines I follow recently.   Very complimentary about high tech new manufacturing facility building high quality at remarkable prices.  I'm a huge Springfield fan but at those prices I just ordered 2 of the Tisas 1911's.  They also have a CZ Shadow 2 I've been salivating for on their Black Friday Sale for $900.  Best price I've ever seen on those.  That was enough to get me off the bench and order.... oh and Wranglers for $140.....  My credit card is squealing. 

I know... I'm quoting myself.  I wanted to post an update since I tried the Tisas experiment.  I ordered two of the Army 1911A1 models in .45 and one in 9mm.  Before I joined SASS this year I spent a decade or more shooting Bullseye and have a couple of 1911's (Kimber & Springfield) that are very well tuned with mounted red dot optics and a decade to refine my .45 Match recipe for ammo.   All three of the Tisas 1911's were nice, extremely tight and shot amazing.  All three were dropping < 2" 5 shot groups at 10 yds offhand with cheap factory ammo no problem.   Normally I'd shoot them at 25 yds but all three have those nearly invisible service A1 blade sight with the teenie tiny notch and the range didn't have good lighting at 25 yds.  I just can't see that far through those service sights but to say that I'm astounded by the fit, build quality and the initial results of these $300 wonders is an understatement.  Money well spent and I look forward to using one in Wild Bunch next year.

I'm very impressed with the the fit and finish of the Tisas .

Great quality and tight gun for the money .

I don't think you can buy a better built 1911 for under 1000.00 new .

Rooster 

3 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Rooster 

Agree with Rooster.  Just picked mine up this weekend from my FFL dealer.  Very impressive, especially for the money.  SB

11 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

Rooster 

Might want to try a Magnum Research 1911G by BUL.

17 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Might want to try a Magnum Research 1911G by BUL.

you can find good quality 1911's for under $1000.  I am a total fanboy of Springfield 1911's and have a solid collection.  The Tisas are at least as good quality from what I can tell, which is remarkable on its own, but available for under $300?!   It's an achievement worthy of note, and they make a solid "Service" model which is ideal for SASS / Wild Bunch.  The only 1911 I've seen as tight as both of the Tisas 1911's I just purchased had $2000 worth of custom machining and fitting.  If I was still shooting Bullseye I'd be seriously tempted to add an optic and shoot it in matches.  These are quite a find.   I just bought 3 of them for < $1000.   Not that it matters but the two A1 .45's I received had consecutive serial numbers.  It's a small win but it made my day.

4 hours ago, Dred Bob said:

you can find good quality 1911's for under $1000.  I am a total fanboy of Springfield 1911's and have a solid collection.  The Tisas are at least as good quality from what I can tell, which is remarkable on its own, but available for under $300?!   It's an achievement worthy of note, and they make a solid "Service" model which is ideal for SASS / Wild Bunch.  The only 1911 I've seen as tight as both of the Tisas 1911's I just purchased had $2000 worth of custom machining and fitting.  If I was still shooting Bullseye I'd be seriously tempted to add an optic and shoot it in matches.  These are quite a find.   I just bought 3 of them for < $1000.   Not that it matters but the two A1 .45's I received had consecutive serial numbers.  It's a small win but it made my day.

I know about them... I've sold them.

I think you're kidding yourself a bit... But think watcha want;)

Consecutive numbers are meaningless. Many distributors will search for consecutive sn's for a small fee.

Phantom

On 12/3/2023 at 8:49 PM, Dred Bob said:

...but all three have those nearly invisible service A1 blade sight with the teenie tiny notch and the range didn't have good lighting at 25 yds.  I just can't see that far through those service sights ...

Hardy anyone over 50 years old can.  But, luckily, good, well made after-market sights are available that are both taller and wider, but maintain a traditional look at Brownell's.  I've put the Harrison Design rear sight on both my WB 1911s.  I also installed the MGW wide front sight

i got no dog to fight here - but ive wondered for some time , without asking or doing research , WHY would a WWII 1911A1 be acceptible in wild bunch when only the 1911 was around in that era ?

inquiring minds want to know and im sure ill get edumacated on this one ....

On 11/22/2023 at 6:02 PM, Mudflat Mike, SASS #20904 said:

It's called an "I love me" wall" and yer right, takes up a whole page

1st time I've ever agreed with Phantom:o

i actually agree with him as well , and you , a bit much it seems 

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

i got no dog to fight here - but ive wondered for some time , without asking or doing research , WHY would a WWII 1911A1 be acceptible in wild bunch when only the 1911 was around in that era ?

inquiring minds want to know and im sure ill get edumacated on this one ....

Well, the differences are few,  and, at the time, 1911s were nearly only available in original form.  The very few clones still incorporated features of the A1, mainly the larger ejection port.  And, aside from the flat mainspring housing and relief of the frame at the trigger, they rather minor.   And being as participation is important, why eliminate almost everyone?

18 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I know about them... I've sold them.

I think you're kidding yourself a bit... But think watcha want;)

Consecutive numbers are meaningless. Many distributors will search for consecutive sn's for a small fee.

Phantom

You've shot and sold Tisas?  

Kidding myself about what?  that these are decent guns at a value price?  I acknowledge that I'm not a professional and that what I've written is totally subjective based on my experience as a gun owner and shooter but this forum is kind of full of people sharing subjective experiences for the sake of discussion.  I really don't know what you're objecting to or why. 

I don't think I overplayed the value of consecutive numbers.  I've never sought them out and I personally don't place any "Monetary" value on it but I would say that there is some "Personal" value to it.  It's not necessarily *meaningless* or not to everybody anyway.  It was a pleasant surprise that I enjoyed.

On 11/17/2023 at 6:24 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

There are several like that, and when they post multiple times on a thread they end up taking several pages...

8 hours ago, Dred Bob said:

You've shot and sold Tisas?  

Kidding myself about what?  that these are decent guns at a value price?  I acknowledge that I'm not a professional and that what I've written is totally subjective based on my experience as a gun owner and shooter but this forum is kind of full of people sharing subjective experiences for the sake of discussion.  I really don't know what you're objecting to or why. 

I don't think I overplayed the value of consecutive numbers.  I've never sought them out and I personally don't place any "Monetary" value on it but I would say that there is some "Personal" value to it.  It's not necessarily *meaningless* or not to everybody anyway.  It was a pleasant surprise that I enjoyed.

Trolls gotta troll @Dred Bob  

8 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

For those that ordered from Palmetto State, how long did it take for them to initiate to shipping process?

Ordered just before Thanksgiving, so it took 2-3 days.  In my experience with them, that's probably about average....SB

Archived