A pet duck?

Alpo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You heard if a bucket of chicken?

What about a duck in a bucket?

20210312_150320.jpg

Obviously, you have never heard of Walter and Leroy,  those 2 wild and crazy ducks.

Remember the worlds funniest story involving Walter and Leroy?

(hint:  "what do you think I am, a radio".

:lol:

..........Widder

On 7/2/2023 at 9:16 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

OK, OK.

As per ALPO's request, this will become:

ALPO'S DUCK THREAD:

04f8027eb83f4a5e1bec890186d51359.jpg

Those look like geese to me.

We've had a lot of pet ducks over the years, they all learnt to hang at the backdoor ....... and the duck crap was always a problem.

My eldest son when he was around 10 'found' a Muscovy duck at a local large duck pond (all domesticated) and brought it home. Had it for a number of years and got sick of the duck crap again at the back door.

Decided to re-home it back where it came from at the local duck pond, put family and duck in car.

Arrived at duck pond and waited till the coast was clear to 'dump the duck' ...... put said duck into pond and instantly around 100+ ducks from every place on the pond descended on the duck to attack it. They were holding its head under water and beating the living hell out of it, a fairly large crowd had now gathered.

Kids were crying, my wife said "You're going to have to do something".

So, I waded out waist deep in a filthy duck pond to rescue and grab the duck, sounds easy doesn't it....trust me it wasn't.

So I grabbed the duck eventually and was trying to get out of the pond and some idiot sings out "Hey mate you can't steal a duck" one look from me was enough to shut him up and anyone else.

So I get in the car, dripping wet holding the duck and my wife drove home.

Duck lived for around another 4-5 years at home till sadly a large Goanna got into where she used to roost and killed and ate her. 

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

We've had a lot of pet ducks over the years, they all learnt to hang at the backdoor ....... and the duck crap was always a problem.

My eldest son when he was around 10 'found' a Muscovy duck at a local large duck pond (all domesticated) and brought it home. Had it for a number of years and got sick of the duck crap again at the back door.

Decided to re-home it back where it came from at the local duck pond, put family and duck in car.

Arrived at duck pond and waited till the coast was clear to 'dump the duck' ...... put said duck into pond and instantly around 100+ ducks from every place on the pond descended on the duck to attack it. They were holding its head under water and beating the living hell out of it, a fairly large crowd had now gathered.

Kids were crying, my wife said "You're going to have to do something".

So, I waded out waist deep in a filthy duck pond to rescue and grab the duck, sounds easy doesn't it....trust me it wasn't.

So I grabbed the duck eventually and was trying to get out of the pond and some idiot sings out "Hey mate you can't steal a duck" one look from me was enough to shut him up and anyone else.

So I get in the car, dripping wet holding the duck and my wife drove home.

Duck lived for around another 4-5 years at home till sadly a large Goanna got into where she used to roost and killed and ate her. 

I had a pet mallard female when I was a kid in high school.  She was eventually killed by a Racoon that climbed into our backyard.  It couldn't have been a cat because we used to watch what happened when a cat got into the yard.  Every cat would stalk her.  When the CAT got close enough for her to pounce she would jump on their back & grab them by the neck.  Then she'd twist & pull as hard as she could.  All the time the cat would scream in pain.  When she released their neck they'd be out of the yard in a flash.

P.S.  Ducks are great non toxic eliminators of snails & slugs.  These pests are escargot to ducks.

Several years back I was driving home. Coming up on a T intersection. There was a stop sign in front of me and a fairly busy road going across. And as I'm slowing down for the stop I see something out of the corner of my eye, and I glanced over to my right and there's a Muscovy duck flying down the road. He's just about the same level as my truck window. I stopped at the stop sign and he never slowed down. There was nobody coming from the left but there was a long line of traffic coming from the right, and I just kind of winced, waiting for the splat as duck and car met.

Fortunately for all concerned the car coming was a compact. The duck flew across the hood. I'm suspect the driver needed a change of underwear. I'm certain I would have.

On 7/3/2023 at 11:31 PM, Alpo said:

Several years back I was driving home. Coming up on a T intersection. There was a stop sign in front of me and a fairly busy road going across. And as I'm slowing down for the stop I see something out of the corner of my eye, and I glanced over to my right and there's a Muscovy duck flying down the road. He's just about the same level as my truck window. I stopped at the stop sign and he never slowed down. There was nobody coming from the left but there was a long line of traffic coming from the right, and I just kind of winced, waiting for the splat as duck and car met.

Fortunately for all concerned the car coming was a compact. The duck flew across the hood. I'm suspect the driver needed a change of underwear. I'm certain I would have.

I had a Muscovy do the exact same thing, except he was lower...too low. Took out both headlights on the right side, creased the hood, broke off the right side windshield wiper and got blood/guts all over my '82 Monte Carlo. I was only doing about 25 mph, glad I wasn't going any faster.

Archived