SASS Wire Forum

A pet duck?

Alpo

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some great stuff here. Unfortunately, one of the saddest scenes I ever laid eyes on occurred some time back just a few blocks from my house. They  say that ducks mate for life.  Smack in the middle of an intersection lay what was left of a male mallard, clearly the victim of a pedestrian knock down, dead as a door nail. On one corner stood the widow staring at was left of her Old Man and I swear she had a look on her face as devastated and forlorn as any person I ever saw. I nearly cried she look so sad. Never forgot it. 
Now, back to our regularly scheduled humorous poultry thread.  

Seamus  

20 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Some great stuff here. Unfortunately, one of the saddest scenes I ever laid eyes on occurred some time back just a few blocks from my house. They  say that ducks mate for life.  Smack in the middle of an intersection lay what was left of a male mallard, clearly the victim of a pedestrian knock down, dead as a door nail. On one corner stood the widow staring at was left of her Old Man and I swear she had a look on her face as devastated and forlorn as any person I ever saw. I nearly cried she look so sad. Never forgot it. 
Now, back to our regularly scheduled humorous poultry thread.  

Seamus  

I can tell you for a fact that Muscovy drakes will mate with any female that isn't fast enough to get away from them.

Don't know about Mallards though.

The piece of sidewalk showing between the tree and the duck's neck - it's in the perfect spot. It makes the duck look like he's buck toothed.

• 2 weeks later...

You definitely should rent that, instead of buying it.

We know that it both floats and flies, and since it's a girl duck we can assume that it fornicates.

I rescued this little guy in spring 2020. He was lost and was getting beat up by other ducks. Sadly he passed away a few days later but while we had him he was a great relief from the stress of that dark time. He’d climb right into my hand and fall asleep. 

I had other ducks in around 2007-2008 too- they were a lot of fun. No snails, slugs, or earwigs in the backyard while the ducks were there! 

IMG_1695_Original.jpeg

IMG_1676_Original.jpeg

IMG_1696_Original.jpeg

IMG_1677_Original.jpeg

IMG_1692_Original.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, ALPO's wish for a DUCK THREAD seems to have run it's course, so what's next for the lad?

Budgies?

Chickens?

Goats?

Humming Birds?

Squirrels?

Hogs?

Deer?

Moose?

Turkeys?

Suggestions are solicited.

Meanwhile, here's a Platypus.

Platypus.webp

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Well, ALPO's wish for a DUCK THREAD seems to have run it's course, so what's next for the lad?

Budgies?

Chickens?

Goats?

Humming Birds?

Squirrels?

Hogs?

Deer?

Moose?

Turkeys?

Suggestions are solicited.

Meanwhile, here's a Platypus.

Platypus.webp

....... hmph, ...... I thought you'd at least suggest  WALLABIES .......  <_<

8 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... hmph, ...... I thought you'd at least suggest  WALLABIES .......  <_<

I thought of that and wasn't sure if you preferred Wallabies or Kangaroos.

Please complete the following form and We'll get back to you.

LOL

Butt Hurt Report Form.png

Archived