SASS Wire Forum

And so my friends, we're on the brink...

Trailrider #896

Between Vlad II threatening to use tactical nuke in the Ukraine and Joe talking about Armeggedon... What was the name of that song? Maybe some of Putin's cohorts will realize he is very close to being off the rails, and will provide him with a dacha somewhere. And then some WH advisors will tell Joe to keep his mouth shut! :blink: And maybe somebody will show Kamila a map and advise her of the difference between North and South Korea. :unsure:

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Yep they have Vlad and we have Joe.  Today he started off a speech by saying "I would like to start off with just two words, Made in America."

Enough said !

Hold on, hold on! We haven't had the second pandemic that Creepy Joe said was coming yet! Let's get through that before the armageddon.

We still have a month before the mid-terms.
I have every confidence there will be more F.U.D. spread far and wide before then.
Perhaps the DOJ will arrest Trump the week prior.

I have to ask: is there anybody reading this today, who is not 100% certain how he will vote?

What scares me the most:  the sheer number of Democrat primary votes and polls shows a huge volume of True Believers™ who still don't have a belly full of staggering inflation, massive illegal invasion, chronic shortages, woke Marxism, riots, arson, vandalism, crime, critical race theory, lost gun rights or boys pretending to be girls so they can invade their locker rooms and beat them in sports. 

I cannot understand why, in light of all the above, huge numbers of voters continue to support Democrats. 
Apparently, they must be just plain stupid.

We've been on the "brink of destruction" since time began. Now, between missing Russian subs that have doomsday, tsunami inducing devices, Putin rattling the nuclear saber, Chinese tough talk/trying to kill everyone with manmade viruses, Little Rocket Man shooting of rockets and trying to provoke a confrontation, mid-term elections, essentials (supposed) shortages, US attacks on innocent comets, global warming and a myriad of other ills...here we are on the brink of destruction...again...for the 357,492th time.

You guys need to look at the bright side. At least a nuclear war would stop all of this global warming nonsense. Ooops, then I guess the brink of destruction would be the oncoming ice age, at least we won't need air conditioning.

Oh, polls aren't fake. They give the results that the people in start the polls want to hear. A few days ago, I saw a headline that read "Majority of Floridians favor assault weapons ban". I thought, huh, what a bunch of BS. Then I read the article. The poll consisted of polling 956 "Floridians" by phone. I'm sure that the results reflected the views of all Floridians seeing as they interviewed 956 Floridians out of 22,700,000 Floridians for a grand total of .000042% of Florida citizens. 

Some "truths" I've come to believe;

Polls are mostly fake. Designed to manipulate the electorate.

Social media isn't real life and doesn't accurately reflect "mainstream". Now that we know that they employ fake accounts, "bots" to flood the services with fake opinions in order to manipulate people's opinions because people tend to agree with the loudest/numerous voices because....pshchology LOL.

There's more going on regarding ALL of this but we're not going to delve into conspiracy theories today. Please?

The only people talking about By Dawns Early Light and Cooking With Roentgens are joey Da Bide, that Z-ski guy in ukraine.

What's Putin say? Have you seen anything in the Russian press?

Those of us who are old enough remember how it was. NORAD. SAC. 24 hour-365-7 airborne alerts. No lone zones (two man rule) BMEWS, The DEW Line, Duck & Cover ..... but more importantly, how did our LEADERS act?

They tiptoed around it. Nobody wanted to say it out loud because you didn't want to piss off the other guys. They had nukes too, and NOBODY wanted to see everything the loved go up in a cloud of radioactive smoke. In fact, one could make a reasoned argument that the entire thing was based on the world's biggest BLUFF.

But it worked.

First question; WHY

From all appearances, and don't just listen to "Muh Newz" or polls, a certain political party is fixing to get creamed in the next election because of their extremism. They KNOW this and in the last two years, and this is important, they have NOT reversed any of these ridiculous policies that have brought us here.

WHY?

It's normal that people make mistakes. When that happens, most people acknowledge it, FIX IT and move on.

Not these nitwits.

WHY? What is so important about destroying the US (and the world's) economy, draining the Strategic Petroleum Reserves, even draining the supplies of weapons and ammunition our troops currently have on hand should they NEED them (not shipped to Ukraine.

WHY have they decimated the economy and left us LESS able to defend ourselves?

Why has the media portrayed the events in Europe concerning the conflict in only one way? (you'll have to do your own research here guys, the journey to that IS the way to learn.

They have been trying to goad Russia into a bigger war. Having a bigger war might just enable them to put the midterms on hold. You know, "Muh emergency...for the betterment of mankind" LOL Right. They also need a way to crash the current economic system and usher in something new. Basically all of this is designed to further erode people's individual rights and not just in the US. These people mean to have the whole enchilada.

It may still happen. Even after the midterms a war would still do most of what they wanted to do. So if you're a mind to, be prepared. But I don't think the likelyhood of it happening at all is very great.

43 minutes ago, Dubious Don #56333 said:

There's more going on regarding ALL of this but we're not going to delve into conspiracy theories today. Please?

This then 11 paragraphs of conspiracy theory.

7 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

This then 11 paragraphs of conspiracy theory.

I'm still enthralled with the JFK conspiracy theories. So many to work through before getting back to Roswell, 1947. :D

11 hours ago, bgavin said:

...What scares me the most:  the sheer number of Democrat primary votes and polls shows a huge volume of True Believers™ who still don't have a belly full of staggering inflation, massive illegal invasion, chronic shortages, woke Marxism, riots, arson, vandalism, crime, critical race theory, lost gun rights or boys pretending to be girls so they can invade their locker rooms and beat them in sports.

These people should probably move to Venezuela where they would be much happier with life there.

I just assume people are gonna people and anyone who believes somebody else has your best interest at heart is gonna learn the hard way...or not.

12 hours ago, bgavin said:

We still have a month before the mid-terms.
I have every confidence there will be more F.U.D. spread far and wide before then.
Perhaps the DOJ will arrest Trump the week prior.

I have to ask: is there anybody reading this today, who is not 100% certain how he will vote?

What scares me the most:  the sheer number of Democrat primary votes and polls shows a huge volume of True Believers™ who still don't have a belly full of staggering inflation, massive illegal invasion, chronic shortages, woke Marxism, riots, arson, vandalism, crime, critical race theory, lost gun rights or boys pretending to be girls so they can invade their locker rooms and beat them in sports. 

I cannot understand why, in light of all the above, huge numbers of voters continue to support Democrats. 
Apparently, they must be just plain stupid.

Another thing that scares me is the large percentage of "conservatives" who will forever bitch and gripe and then sit on their butts AND NOT VOTE!

We have been o;the brink since August of 1949.

On 10/9/2022 at 8:03 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Another thing that scares me is the large percentage of "conservative's" who will forever bitch and gripe and then sit on their butts AND NOT VOTE!

Spent 8 years OCONUS came back to a America that "conservative's  " did nothing and let America turn into a weak and offended nation. Social Media well half of those Patriot accounts are Feds trolling meanwhile Vets were hero's then and threats to democracy now , Nothing new did you know during Obama returning Combat Vets were put on a watch list ?  Yep not my first time 

On 10/9/2022 at 7:03 AM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Another thing that scares me is the large percentage of "conservatives" who will forever bitch and gripe and then sit on their butts AND NOT VOTE!

I actually know a few. :angry:

Their typical excuse is "what's the point?". They believe all voting is rigged so it's no use anyway.

4 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

In the event of incoming nukes, bend over, grasp your ankles, tuck head between legs...and kiss your @$$ goodbye! 

Not me. I'm going to have as much fun as I can before being turned to dust. I just hope that ample warning is issued...20 minutes would be fine with me.;) I'm 15 miles, straight line, from MacDill AFB. Survival is not an option.

Archived