Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Another school shooting


Recommended Posts

Reading some of the news articles coming out, the kid was living with his grandparents because his mother was doing drugs, he had been picked on all through school, he blew graduating on time, and he crashed his car in a ditch near the school. Maybe that is why he chose the school for his self-destruction. We will never know. 

I'm not trying to justify his actions, maybe just show cause and effect. One thing after another, for a kid with no real support system, and it all hit him at once.

 

Bullying is often in the equation when there's an incident like this. Kids gang up on one kid, and make life miserable for them. I know how it can be, but I'm quick-witted enough to fight back. 

Other influences and factors come into play, but the bullying is usually the force that pulls the plug, and everything goes down the drain.

Such a terrible tragedy. 

But, bullying in school or in life hasn't stopped, so where will the next event occur?  :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reading any news articles at this point, 24 hours after the murders is really kind of pointless. The media are all in a feeding frenzy to scoop each other as usual. I’ll ignore everything except statements by the investigators.

Right now I’m not following anything at all. The tv is on a music channel.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just remember, it's the guns fault.:angry:. It forced him to do it. At least he's fricken dead.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The late country singer, Charlie Daniels, said it best, in the lyrics to a song he did.

 

"Well, you know what's wrong with the world today? People done gone and put their Bibles away. They're living by the law of the jungle, not the law of the land. Well, the Good Book says, so I know it's the truth, an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth, you better watch where you're going, and remember where you've been, that's the way I see it, I'm a simple man."

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2022 at 4:20 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

What the hell causes these maniacs to do such a thing? 

"A man like that has a great empty hole right through the middle of him. He can never kill enough or steal enough or inflict enough pain to ever fill it,"

Recognize the quote? I've never heard it put simpler or more accurately! Or his following line.

Edited by Tell Sackett SASS 18436
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

"A man like that has a great empty hole right through the middle of him. He can never kill enough or steal enough or inflict enough pain to ever fill it,"

Recognize the quote? I've never heard it put simpler or more accurately! Or his following line.

Love that quote! Very applicable to this event !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Totally preventable. Law enforcement failed to do their job in Uvalde. Shooter was not stopped at door and was allowed inside.

Cowardice and indecision set the stage for the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Knee jerk reaction.
Unsupervised kid, perhaps a latch-key kid, left to his own devices.
Gets himself programmed on video games, and an utter lack of consequences for his actions.

The Marxists in the schools have discouraged personal responsibility for the last 60+ years.
Every time a deranged sociopath kid goes off, the Marxists all clamor to exterminate our Constitutional right to bear arms.

Hello... every Marxist/Communist/Fascist regime in history disarms their citizens as their first order of business.
Here in America, half of the electorate cannot see this.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And then there’s this:

 

Police Waited to Enter Texas School as Shooter Opened Fire: Witnesses
https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/police-waited-to-enter-texas-school-as-shooter-opened-fire-witnesses_4493029.html

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The left says they want more backround checks. But simultaneously they want criminals charges dropped or lowered to a misdemeanor level. They don't want to add the enhancements for commiting crimes while using a gun because it racist.  Then when someone who should be prohibited tries to buy a gun they clear the backround check because the crimes that would have prevented them from getting the gun had previously been dropped. Next this allows them to complain that backround checks aren't enough, they don't work. Then they feel justified asking for bans because they  broke the backround check system.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And then there’s this:

 

Police Waited to Enter Texas School as Shooter Opened Fire: Witnesses
https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/police-waited-to-enter-texas-school-as-shooter-opened-fire-witnesses_4493029.html

 

 

 

Evidently the old U S Marine Corps "Run To the Sound of Gunfire" philosophy and training has become an outdated concept.  <_<

 

Forty minutes to an hour.  The Texas Department of Public Safety Director said "... they did engage immediately.  They did contain Ramos in the classroom."

 

"Containing" is "engaging??" 

 

What a pile of road apples!  The jackass barricaded himself in the classroom where he slaughtered the victims!  This article, and others, read more like the "authorities" were otherwise occupied, stopping unarmed and untrained parents from storming the building themselves to attempt to save their children.  :angry:

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2022 at 11:33 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

He walked through an open unlocked door! Most all of the schools around here are locked and you need to get buzzed in. 

There were several flags among the killer's acquaintances. One friend said, after the fact, that this guy showed up with scars on his face. When asked what happened, he allegedly said that he had done it himself!  Another said they would drive around at night and shoot BB's at people an cars! Maybe...just maybe if some one of these kids had told their parents, and the parents had reported it, the whole thing might have been stopped.  Parents need to get more involved with their kids from an early age.  IF SOMEONE SEES OR HEARS OF A THREAT, REPORT IT!  And the police need to take such reports seriously until proven otherwise!

Just today, two threats made by juvenalls in the metro-Denver area, resulted in arrests being made before anything tragic might have happened.  

Mental health issues are NOT being addressed in this country!  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Shooter was outside for 12 minutes and firing on the building. Teachers, administrators and school officers didn’t have their act together. 

 

Waiting on the “tactical” squad or swat team or the “trained specialists” is also a piss poor excuse for law enforcement and administrators.

 

These sort of people will pop up no matter what, irregardless of video games, Marxism, this that or whatever of society’s ills you want to harp about and blame it on. The deadliest school massacre was in 1927. Yeah, must have been the Charleston and “talkies” that pushed that guy over the edge.
 

Liberals want gun control alone and conservatives defeat it. Conservatives want infrastructure, policing and mental health and liberals defeat it. It is an impasse.

But at the end of the day it lies in the hands of people that are there and charged with and entrusted with the safety of the children to do whatever it takes.

Not a border patrol agent that just showed up an hour into the incident.

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

The left says they want more backround checks. But simultaneously they want criminals charges dropped or lowered to a misdemeanor level. They don't want to add the enhancements for commiting crimes while using a gun because it racist.  Then when someone who should be prohibited tries to buy a gun they clear the backround check because the crimes that would have prevented them from getting the gun had previously been dropped. Next this allows them to complain that backround checks aren't enough, they don't work. Then they feel justified asking for bans because they  broke the backround check system.

They want background checks so every gun has to be recorded on a 4473.   That gives the government a registry of guns.  That’s the end goal.  Also makes it easy to stop any sales, just shut down the ffl’s. There was a republican that floated an online background check accessible by anyone with no record of the firearm transferred.  It was shot down by the dems.  Honestly the republicans should bring it up again and pass it to make the dems vote saying they don’t want background checks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

They want background checks so every gun has to be recorded on a 4473.   That gives the government a registry of guns.  That’s the end goal.  Also makes it easy to stop any sales, just shut down the ffl’s. There was a republican that floated an online background check accessible by anyone with no record of the firearm transferred.  It was shot down by the dems.  Honestly the republicans should bring it up again and pass it to make the dems vote saying they don’t want background checks. 

 

Yes. That's another part of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We live in a society where these losers can gain the global notoriety they seek by going out guns blazing. The poor kids hadn't even gone cold yet when this creep's name and face was posted on every major news outlet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 9:46 AM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Totally preventable. Law enforcement failed to do their job in Uvalde. Shooter was not stopped at door and was allowed inside.

Cowardice and indecision set the stage for the day.

Oh, that's a BS statement.  Sounds to me like you're blaming the cops for the whole thing.  That's the sort of thing I'd expect from some jerk with a TV show or a Press pass.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am a fan of waiting til we have answers.

 

But in all this no one seems to point out that this dud shot his Granma in the face!

That should tell folks what kind of sideshow we are dealing with. ANY human that can shoot his granma is defective.

 

The subsequent massacre just illuminated the depravity.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Oh, that's a BS statement.  Sounds to me like you're blaming the cops for the whole thing.  That's the sort of thing I'd expect from some jerk with a TV show or a Press pass.


 

I am blaming the cops for allowing the shooter to follow through.

 

Feel free to defend law enforcement’s course of action if you wish. I’d love to hear it. But hey, if all you’ve got is “ BS” remarks and insinuations I am good with that too. 

 

19 officers in the hall outside the room treating it as a stand off as shots were fired, kids were killed as other kids in the room repeatedly called and pleaded for help. If only those kids knew the officers were just outside the door, maybe they wouldn’t have felt so panicked…..

 

I see the sheriff/chief that was ramrodding all of this ain’t sayin nothing. That would be my legal advice.

 

What I find laughable is folks waiting for “official reports” from  “reliable trusted sources” such the news or some official spokesman before making any judgments, while the rest of the time they ramble on about how you can’t trust the news or government. The Information age has exploded and in public events such as this, with so many eyewitnesses, so much info gets out it’s too late for anyone to cover their tracks.
 

Flame on 40….

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.