SASS Wire Forum

I was thinking

Utah Bob #35998

Maybe the next time I’m in town I’ll stop by KFC. It’s been several years. But it’s right next to the liquor store so……..

Their big chicken sandwich is pretty good!  Get it crispy, and spicy if available.  

"I was thinking"

Now if that was Alpo, I'd be worried.

Maybe even a little scared.

Now I’m starting to obsess over it. Help me! :lol:

I get KFC about once a month, I like it. 2pc dinner, white meat, mashed potatoes,gravy biscuit and a drink. 

I do believe that everything in that liquor store goes with fried chicken. Good plan. :)

Edit: I should have said “everything that’s fit to drink…”;)

KFC is really bad compared to what it once was. We are getting a new Popeyes Chicken on the north side of Sonic. The liquor you mentioned (West Slope) is the best in town, best selection for sure.

3 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

KFC is really bad compared to whet it once was. We are getting a new Popeyes Chicken on the north side of Sonic. The liquor you mentioned (West Slope) is the best in town, best selection for sure.

Most Popeyes are great.  Some aren't.  Ours is very good but nearly impossible to get to.  It's in an obscure place and you have to go through two parking lots to get there.  Then you have to play intersection dodge car to get into the order line.  Whomsoever picked the location should be taken out in one of our deserts and left there with a case of Spam and no can opener.

The Colonel is fifteen miles away.

The KFCs here have a better chicken tender than Popeye’s. The sandwiches are about on a par since Popeye’s reduced the size of their offering, (all of these food chains shrink the servings after they get a following for a particular item).  Popeye’s serves pretty good fried shrimp and their Cajun fries are great when they’re hot.  KFCs chicken breast in the crispy version is better and Schoolmarm loves those “bowl” meals!

I can only go by the Popeye's we have here, not so good. It's kinda greasy and sometimes not cooked very good. I stopped going there after a couple times. I like KFC better. I usually get the extra crispy. 

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Did you ever stop to think......... and forget to start again?:huh:

Don’t remember. :lol:

As I recall, I think the last time I was in a KFC was in Florida. That would be 16 years ago.

2 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Chick fil A. 

Seamus

None within a hundred miles.

I always liked their sandwiches.

Archived