SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438

Alert - Warning

Just in case anyone has not noticed, we have a Vistor who just started posting.  In response to every "WTB" post, he miraculously has exactly what you are looking for, and invites you to respond to a numerical GMail address.  He's  sent such responses to every single recent add, regardless of the item requested.

Something tells me that this is a phishing expedition, or some other nefarious activity.  

Watch your step.

LL

• Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Just in case anyone has not noticed, we have a Vistor who just started posting.  In response to every "WTB" post, he miraculously has exactly what you are looking for, and invites you to respond to a numerical GMail address.  He's  sent such responses to every single recent add, regardless of the item requested.

Something tells me that this is a phishing expedition, or some other nefarious activity.  

Watch your step.

LL

Not true, he missed at least two. :lol:

• Haha 1

I have had this same experience on multiple sites.  The "friend" always has exactly what you want at a bargain basement price and it is a scam without a doubt.  When in doubt I ask the seller to send me a photo of the item with my name and current date written on a card in front of the item.  I've never heard back from the "friend" while other legitimate sellers are usually happy to comply. 

McMinn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Watch your step.

LL

They're gone now... whacked some more moles.  Be careful out there!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

10 minutes ago, Doc Marks said:

It’s happening again.

Yep - Matt306 pm’d me and told me to email his friend Jose in NJ who just happened to have both unusual items I was looking for. Imagine that. These people think we’re fools. 

• Like 1

Imagine that.  Jose also has the Alchimista I was looking for.  No offer to send pictures.  No information other than his price.  “Let me know if he is still interested” in every reply.

• Like 1

That Jose must have a warehouse full, he has a Dillon XL750 to sell too. 

Just my luck, his friend has all those things, but does he have a Henry?!  No, of course not!:P:lol:

• Haha 2

I have had this same thing happen to me numerous times, when I look closer it says the responder is a guest on the wire.

as usual let the buyer beware.

7 hours ago, JJ “Reb” Wainwright 110206 said:

Yep - Matt306 pm’d me and told me to email his friend Jose in NJ who just happened to have both unusual items I was looking for. Imagine that. These people think we’re fools. 

Hey! I thought he was just helping me. Darn so disappointed.

4 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Just my luck, his friend has all those things, but does he have a Henry?!  No, of course not!:P:lol:

But does he have PRIMERS?!! Lol

Must be the same fella that emailed me about the bank account I never knew I had with lots of money in it! Just needed to email him my social and my date of birth to verify that it is me. 

Just say "no way Jose" 

Rafe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fireball #7709 Life said:

Wait, I have one!

.22 Large loop. For you $2000

Yule love it!

:lol:

• Haha 1

I feel left out.:(

2 hours ago, Chert Rock Chuck said:

But does he have PRIMERS?!! Lol

Gave me a thought.

Not that it needs to be done as seems folks here figure it out pretty quick, but a couple "honey pot" posts would also capture these moles. Especially for stuff that does not exist:

- WTB 20K Federal LP primers, will pay 2 cents each

- ISO Recoil Spring and Double-stack Magazine for Old Model Vaquero

- Need Percussion Cap Nipples for WB 1911

Bet Jose has all of that and more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

These guys aren’t total doofs they know about FFL’s and seem to know market prices .  That’s what’s scary

Here is the picture "Jose" sent of the Dillon press and extra items he is selling. All this for $650 shipped. What a deal!

650_New_Reloader_Package_b.jpg

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I’m looking to buy a Ruger 1873, 357 stainless steel, factory short stroke. Top dollar paid.

Haha, everybody knows Ruger doesn't have a factory short stroke for their stainless '73.   :)

• Haha 1