SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barkeep would be the go to on this I would think....I agree completely, in case you needed a second opinion.

4 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Although I personally find them unable to contain an adequate amount of medicinal elixir. 

Ah, you must be a patient of Dr. TW!

Kajun

22 Days til The Reckoning begins! That's barely 3 weeks cowpokes.....

The range is being slicked up by Dodge City Dixie & her posse of helpers. Targets are still being painted by Randy St. Eagle & prepped to make them easier to hit. (Randy is 1/2 cripple right now, & Dixie is dealing with issues too but they are doing it anyway just because they want y'all to have a great time here). Give-aways are being hauled to the range in truckloads. Shooter's handbooks are written & being printed. The grass is being mowed and there are folks manning weed-eaters. Folks are loading their trucks from as far away as Arizona (and further) & heading to Wartrace.

And there you sit, (you know who I'm talking to), wondering if you should join in the fun.

Is it too far? Ask Chas B Wolfson.

Is it worth the effort? Ask anyone who has ever shot this State Match! 

Am I good enough at this game to participate in a State Championship? You are, if you can keep your muzzle within the 170 & not drop a gun. That's all it takes.

You have about 14 days to get off the fence (the fence is that interface between the rest of your body & the recliner) and send in your application! Don't let this opportunity to enjoy the fresh Tennessee air pass you by. I guarantee someone will greet you with a big warm welcome & treat you like family while you are here. 

15 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

22 Days til The Reckoning begins! That's barely 3 weeks cowpokes.....

The range is being slicked up by Dodge City Dixie & her posse of helpers. Targets are still being painted by Randy St. Eagle & prepped to make them easier to hit. (Randy is 1/2 cripple right now, & Dixie is dealing with issues too but they are doing it anyway just because they want y'all to have a great time here). Give-aways are being hauled to the range in truckloads. Shooter's handbooks are written & being printed. The grass is being mowed and there are folks manning weed-eaters. Folks are loading their trucks from as far away as Arizona (and further) & heading to Wartrace.

And there you sit, (you know who I'm talking to), wondering if you should join in the fun.

Is it too far? Ask Chas B Wolfson.

Is it worth the effort? Ask anyone who has ever shot this State Match! 

Am I good enough at this game to participate in a State Championship? You are, if you can keep your muzzle within the 170 & not drop a gun. That's all it takes.

You have about 14 days to get off the fence (the fence is that interface between the rest of your body & the recliner) and send in your application! Don't let this opportunity to enjoy the fresh Tennessee air pass you by. I guarantee someone will greet you with a big warm welcome & treat you like family while you are here. 

I talked a couple more into entering, one hasn't been for several years, and the other has never been to Wartrace.

15 minutes ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

I talked a couple more into entering, one hasn't been for several years, and the other has never been to Wartrace.

Sounds like the chances for the Silver Eagle going back to Illinois is increasing..... ;)

In honor of my good friend, dedicated worker, dedicated Cancer fund raiser, and all around great Cowboy, I hereby decree a new name for the Henry .22 rifle......."Randy St. Silver Eagle".

How does that sound?

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Sounds like the chances for the Silver Eagle going back to Illinois is increasing..... ;)

In honor of my good friend, dedicated worker, dedicated Cancer fund raiser, and all around great Cowboy, I hereby decree a new name for the Henry .22 rifle......."Randy St. Silver Eagle".

How does that sound?

..........Widder

Well now Widder, I ain't the boss of this here cattle drive, but common sense says you donated it, you have the sole rights to name it! Your decree is timely, appropriate, & a fitting accolade for one of the hardest working cowboys around!  Now, can you please rename 'nanner puddin' to Tennessee Williams Fodder?

Hey Slim,

More appropriately, that nanner pudding  could be named.... "TN Williams Nanner Slaughter".

Ole TN can wof down nanner pudding quicker than a Great White can devour a minnow..... :lol:

TRUE STORY:   Before I went into the hospital, TN Williams and family (wife and daughter) and me and Bunkhouse Boss, actually had lunch in

Pigeon Forge at the Apple Barn.   He ordered Nanner Pudding for desert and I swear, that was the biggest bowl of Nanner Pudding I had ever seen.

It was nearly the size of the bowl my wife makes for both of us, that usually last a couple days.

Anyhow, he ate most of it while sitting there and then told me later that he ate the rest while driving home that evening.

We should call him...... "TN ORCA".

..........Widder

I can hardly wait.  Going to be an awesome two weeks checking a few of the matches off my bucket list. Thanks to an unexpected lull at work and an understanding boss, I get to shoot for the first time with the Powder Creek Cowboys. Shooting The Prince of the Pistoleers match in the morning and the Kansas State BP match in the afternoon. 

Then spend a couple days visiting my mom before I head down to Wartrace and the Regulators Reckoning.   

:)

6 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

So, what happens when your corporate sponsor steps up with a remarkable contribution?

JOHN WAYNE HAPPENS!   Somebody is gonna need a bigger wall!

IMG_0296.jpg.721668c9bb0e0ae5f7f6442ce1983c23.jpg

Thank You, Sportsman's Warehouse! Thank You Bill Colvard!

That's gonna look great in my man cave!

2 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

So, what happens when your corporate sponsor steps up with a remarkable contribution?

:FlagAm: I will have to make room in the travel trailer to bring this home to AZ!:P

Chas B

2 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Would love to have the problem of finding a spot for this.

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

That's gonna look great in my man cave!

You man cave has a DQ sign out front and a parking lot. 

Kajun

33 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Hey Widder, is St. Silver Eagle the patron saint of nanner splits? ;)

Kajun

Not zackly.   St.Silver Eagle is more like the patron saint of 'rope cutting' with a pistol.

Accuracy is the game...rope splitting is his fame.    Whomever takes home the 'Randy St.Silver Eagle' will

probably possess the most accurate .22 rifle around.

How about you Krazy?   You feeling 'lucky'?

..........Widder

I finally got my tail in gear and got our apps out today. Camping reservation made at SOC and been busy loadin' ammo. Lookin' forward to another great match!  Only thing left to do now is negotiate with Barkeep as to what kind of handicap he's gonna give me. He's been the FC State Champeen longer than I've been shootin'.

10 hours ago, Palmetto Traveler said:

I finally got my tail in gear and got our apps out today. Camping reservation made at SOC and been busy loadin' ammo. Lookin' forward to another great match!  Only thing left to do now is negotiate with Barkeep as to what kind of handicap he's gonna give me. He's been the FC State Champeen longer than I've been shootin'.

Hmmmm........ Who won FC last year???? I think I need a handicap!

The School House is cleaned up and ready for Tn Tombstone to teach yall about ROs 1+2. How many have signed up?

Imis  and the lights will work for the Plastic Houses after dark

45 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

The School House is cleaned up and ready for Tn Tombstone to teach yall about ROs 1+2. How many have signed up?

Imis  and the lights will work for the Plastic Houses after dark

He's doing RO2? Where do I sign up for that?

I am only teaching ROI, I would need a bay to teach the ROII class and that would interfere with everything else going on Thursday. I understand there will be ROII at the Regional in Alabama. I plan on either helping teach that one or taking it myself.

Glad he put this in here. I was mistaken.

10 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I am only teaching ROI, I would need a bay to teach the ROII class and that would interfere with everything else going on Thursday. I understand there will be ROII at the Regional in Alabama. I plan on either helping teach that one or taking it myself.

Gonna be fun, regardless.

Imis

11 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

What are the hours? I have a few responsibilities Thursday but could really use a refresher class. (RO1-2013)

We are going to start as close to 9:00 as we can, should take 3 - 4 hours depending on the interaction in the class.

Here is the list of Categories we have and how many in each Category right now. We have lots of Categories and room so get your applications in and join the fun.

Randy

THE REGULATOR RECKONING 2020

Category                          # in Category

49'er                                   10

B Western                         2

B Western Ladies            1

Cattle Baron                     5

Classic Cowboy                5 

Classic Cowgirl                 3

Cowboy                             7

Cowgirl                               3

Duelist                                2

El Patron                            2

Elder Statesman              7

Elder Statesman Duelist   4

Elder Statesman Gunfighter   1

Frontier Cartridge            3

Frontier Cartridge Duelist   2

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter   2

Frontiersman                    2

Grand Dame                     5

Gunfighter                         1

Josie Wales                        4

Ladies 49'r                          5

Ladies Duelist                    1

Ladies Frontier Cartridge   1

Ladies Frontier Cartridge Duelist   2

Ladies Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter   2

Ladies Outlaw                    1

Ladies Senior                     4

Ladies Senior Duelist       1

Ladies Silver Senior          4

Ladies Wrangler                2

Outlaw                                  7

Senior                                    8

Senior Duelist                     7

Senior Gunfighter             2

Silver Senior                        8

Silver Senior Duelist          3

Silver Senior Gunfighter 65+    6

Steam Punk                         1

Wrangler                              3

Young Guns Boy                3

Young Guns Girl                 2

TN Williams told me this morning that it wasn't everyone who gets a state match named after them..... :o

He felt honored yet would be very humble about it.

..........Widder

6 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

TN Williams told me this morning that it wasn't everyone who gets a state match named after them..... :o

He felt honored yet would be very humble about it.

..........Widder

We'll let him down as easily as possible when he finds out it was named for Tennessee Tombstone. Maybe even offer him a bowl of 'nanner puddin' to console his damaged feelings.

2 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

We'll let him down as easily as possible when he finds out it was named for Tennessee Tombstone. Maybe even offer him a bowl of 'nanner puddin' to console his damaged feelings.

It'll probably take more than a bowl.  Maybe if you added some whisky to the bowl, that might do it.

Archived