SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

not sure what your chevy has bill. But my 700hp track car would love a run with you at road Atlanta 

cardboard cowboy

25FE2013-23D4-41DA-858C-19F7C1981557.jpeg

311C0179-3843-428A-B91E-6C3C57131C2F.jpegIf they were both stock it would be close enough to be down to the driver.   MotorTrend puts the SS 1LE as a tenth faster to 60 and a tenth faster through the quarter mile.  Pretty much noise when it comes to real world driving, not a significant difference.

Having said that, if you have 700 hp, then your car isn't stock.  If you can get that power on the road I would have a hard time keeping up on a straightaway.  However, if there are curves involved, the 1LE does significantly better than the M4, more lateral Gs and a lot better braking. 

We should do it!

Car is nowhere near stock. Different suspension, huge after market turbos, cams, inter-cooler.  Was built between Dinan and AFK in calif. Curves is where this car lives. We are up at road Atlanta several times a year and monthly at Roebling. 

35 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

Car is nowhere near stock. Different suspension, huge after market turbos, cams, inter-cooler.  Was built between Dinan and AFK in calif. Curves is where this car lives. We are up at road Atlanta several times a year and monthly at Roebling. 

It's pretty hard to beat a 1LE through the curves. 

Of course you know what they say, how fast do you want to go = how much money do you want to spend.  The 1LE costs about half what a stock M4 does.

I've never done anything except oval track and 1/4 mile (not counting street runs).

We should find out.  I would need to take my street tires off and put track tires back on.  Other than that she's ready to track.

31 minutes ago, Kingsley said:

After this next great run of matches. Memphis, CAC, wartrace, SER, SC state and Fl state. We will be back on the track. So end of Nov. first course will be Atlanta. I’ll keep you posted. Its a blast. :D

I would love to do it.  Particularly if you'll teach me how to.  I'm a decent driver, good reflexes and a natural feel for where the car is and what it can do, but I have zero training, and not much track experience.   Lotsa drag racing back in the 70s.  The SS 1LE is the first car I've had that I felt was capable of more in the corners than I was capable of, and I've had some pretty fast cars. 

Are you bringing the M4 to Wartrace?  I would love to check it out!  I'll be in the SS.

It's going to be a fun match!  I got lucky and got a place about 7 minutes from the range. 

3 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I can't afford the fuel to get it there! 

And here I was helping you out all I could. Randy wanted to just let you run out there and I talked him out of it. Matter of fact, @Krazy Kajun wanted to close the gate after you run out there and I told him we shouldn't do it. 

TW, I'm all over closing the gate on CBB

3 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

You won't regret it.  It's always a great match.

Sounds kinda fishy to me.  We all know Randy is a gentleman and a scholar, so I'm not buying that.  I think I could bribe the Kajun into setting me free.  A little gumbo and some Dixie beer and he would be singing a different tune.

CBB I'll take the gumbo and Dixie and then I'll think on my decision. :D

I'ma thunkin ole TW is gonna hijack  CBB's or Cardboard Cowboy's street rod to make midnight runs to the DQ to assuage his nanners split addiction. :ph34r:

Kajun

On 9/7/2020 at 12:49 AM, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Looks awesome Randy, pity we won't make it, as all Australians are banned from international trips until March 21 ???

We have the most draconian and tyrannical laws this side of the pacific.:angry:

I hate it, y'all will be missed, It looks like it should be a great one but I'll miss it as well.

Randy

On 9/7/2020 at 5:29 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I regret that I will have to miss this match.   I was gonna put a whoopin on Capt Bill Burt, TN Williams, Randy St. Eagle, etc.....

:lol:;)

Yep, I was bringing the whoopin.   Maybe next year..... ;)

..........Widder

Widder, I hate you'll miss it you might have been able to put a Whoppin' on the rest of those folks but not me! Only because I won't be there either.

Randy

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Widder, I hate you'll miss it you might have been able to put a Whoppin' on the rest of those folks but not me! Only because I won't be there either.

Randy

I've heard.    Sometimes, our physical bodies require certain 'maintenance' at the most untimely manner.

I was opting for my surgery in the spring but certain testing procedures were required before final decisions could be made.

I hope all goes well with you.

..........Widder

Randy, Widder,

Y’all get well soon.  My foot issues continue to keep me off the firing line.

I’m hoping to be fully ambulatory by the time the match rolls around.  I haven’t fired a gun in months and the last match I shot was April 2019!!  

I’m ‘bout to go around the bend!!

At least I talked Diamond Jake into joining the fun!!

38 minutes ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

Entry went out Monday. Gonna miss shooting against you Widder.

The feeling is mutual, SGT.

I hope you have a safe trip and a great match.    And don't forget to check out the Henry Silver Eagle.   You might be

the lucky one to carry it back home.

..........Widder

What's the format of the Black Powder side match?  Is it a four stage match using any Frontier Cartridge or Frontiersman rules?

I need to know how many BP cartridges to bring, or loose powder and my C&B guns.

(Yup; Hook Line and Sinker!)

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 6:29 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I regret that I will have to miss this match.   I was gonna put a whoopin on Capt Bill Burt, TN Williams, Randy St. Eagle, etc.....

:lol:;)

Yep, I was bringing the whoopin.   Maybe next year..... ;)

..........Widder

Widder is just getting more Borg implants for next year.... Resistance is futile

3 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

What's the format of the Black Powder side match?  Is it a four stage match using any Frontier Cartridge or Frontiersman rules?

I need to know how many BP cartridges to bring, or loose powder and my C&B guns.

(Yup; Hook Line and Sinker!)

Straight from the match director's keyboard:

4 stage match as stated at the top of the shooter application.  All 4 stages are 10-10-4.  Shoot any BP category.

2 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Widder is just getting more Borg implants for next year.... Resistance is futile

Howdy Barkeep.

Actually, I had a duel overhead cam installed and some recalibration of my main valve..... ;)

I no longer run on 10W-30.     I now run on synthetic 5W-20 (pig valve lube).

Poor ole Red Knee won't have a chance......... :lol:

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Barkeep.

Actually, I had a duel overhead cam installed and some recalibration of my main valve..... ;)

I no longer run on 10W-30.     I now run on synthetic 5W-20 (pig valve lube).

Poor ole Red Knee won't have a chance......... :lol:

..........Widder

Widder, is that the Jif or Peter Pan version of 5W-20 lube? :lol:

Kajun

24 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Widder, is that the Jif or Peter Pan version of 5W-20 lube? :lol:

Kajun

Howdy Krazy.

Initially, I felt like 50W 'sludge', with a high octane mixture of super glue mixed in.

3 weeks later, I'm finally starting to see some Peter Pan, with good hopes that 'JIFFY' will surface and put fear into the hearts of TN Williams

and Red Knee....... :lol:

..........Widder

5 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Krazy.

Initially, I felt like 50W 'sludge', with a high octane mixture of super glue mixed in.

3 weeks later, I'm finally starting to see some Peter Pan, with good hopes that 'JIFFY' will surface and put fear into the hearts of TN Williams

and Red Knee....... :lol:

..........Widder

You wanna put fear in the heart of ole TW just start taking banana supplements! :D

Kajun

Every TN. State Match goes down as the best one ever!  I have been to a few and loved them all.  I even finished in the top 99% two times,  sorry I can’t make this one, but I can say THANKS to all those that do the hard work to make it fun for the rest.  Randy has raised a bunch of money for a great cause over the years.  Bring a few extra bucks and put him over the top this year,  Blackwater just keep keeping on, maybe you, Widder andI might have to do an online handicap match!

Since I'll be out this year I recruited Tennessee Williams to help out and take up my slack (and there will be a lot of it).

Ole Tennessee and I met up at the range today and finished painting  what wouldn't be shot Mid-month. Tennessee will also be in charge of the Pocket Pistol, Derringer and "Cut The Rope" Side Matches. 

Whiskey came out today to move a ton of steel and put "DO NOT SHOOT PAINTED STAGES" signs on the 8 stages we have finished. Ole Tennessee is young, faster and meaner than a Rattle Snake. I think you can tell by a couple of the pictures that if someone shot one of his painted stages before the match, I don't think you could carry enough Nanner' Splits to calm him down.

If anyone is still on the fence about this match get your applications in and come on and join the fun!!

Randy

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7089.JPG

IMG_7090.JPG

IMG_7092.JPG

IMG_7091.JPG

1 minute ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Since I'll be out this year I recruited Tennessee Williams to help out and take up my slack (and there will be a lot of it).

Ole Tennessee and I met up at the range today and finished painting  what wouldn't be shot Mid-month. Tennessee will also be in charge of the Pocket Pistol, Derringer and "Cut The Rope" Side Matches. 

Whiskey came out today to move a ton of steel and put "DO NOT SHOOT PAINTED STAGES" signs on the 8 stages we have finished. Ole Tennessee is young, faster and meaner than a Rattle Snake. I think you can tell by a couple of the pictures that if someone shot one of his painted stages before the match, I don't think you could carry enough Nanner' Splits to calm him down.

If anyone is still on the fence about this match get your applications in and come on and join the fun!!

Randy

IMG_7090.JPG

This stage will be shot at the Mid-month match, we just wanted to do a preliminary painting to see how this paint scheme would work out.

Hope to see a bunch of y'all at the mid-month match.

Randy

On 9/9/2020 at 9:09 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The feeling is mutual, SGT.

I hope you have a safe trip and a great match.    And don't forget to check out the Henry Silver Eagle.   You might be

the lucky one to carry it back home.

..........Widder

That's one of my biggest regrets, not having a chance to win this!

Randy

Plan to get your cowboy shopping done in one convenient outdoor mall. Even if for some weird reason you decide not to shoot, this will be among the best places in the Southeast to spend your cowboy dollars.

Confirmed Vendors:

Bullet Splat Jewelry, 
Bullets By Scarlett, 
CSA Bullets
Denham's Mercantile
Hamilton Dry Goods
Hit More Steel
Kitty's Kloset
Klassic Laser Works
Page Custom Knives
Slater's In House Guns
Sports Photography & Design

Pilgrim Joe's Leatherworks

Rollin' Chopstix

Part of Denham's wares last year, just one of the many excellent vendors who cater to the folks at the Tennessee State Match! A big ole Wartrace thanks to all of our vendors, your support makes this match work!

image.png.b6a8347bb381eea677c2b5400c9dc0cf.png

Archived