SASS Wire Forum

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Chickamauga Slim

Cowboys, Cowgirls, Buckaroos & Buckerettes,

It ain't too  late to get your application in for this match! It may go into the history books as the best Tennessee State Match yet, and there have been some great ones in the past. 

A plethora (I've waited years to use that word in a real sentence) of exciting side matches, 12 well thought out stages of championship caliber shooting, plenty of first class vendors down Vendor's Alley, and food, fun & fellowship await you.

You can download the application from our website, www.wartraceregulators.com 

He who hesitates has slower stage times, or misses this event altogether. Get off your sofas & send your application to Papa Dave today.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Cowboys, Cowgirls, Buckaroos & Buckerettes,

It ain't too  late to get your application in for this match! It may go into the history books as the best Tennessee State Match yet, and there have been some great ones in the past. 

A plethora (I've waited years to use that word in a real sentence) of exciting side matches, 12 well thought out stages of championship caliber shooting, plenty of first class vendors down Vendor's Alley, and food, fun & fellowship await you.

You can download the application from our website, www.wartraceregulators.com 

He who hesitates has slower stage times, or misses this event altogether. Get off your sofas & send your application to Papa Dave today.

You can get more info and a link to the application on this page..  

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

Don't forget Thursday will be "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day and we'll be collecting money all weekend for the American Cancer Society.

Right now we have around 125 signed up and are still getting more entries ever week.

Just now, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Don't forget Thursday will be "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink" day and we'll be collecting money all weekend for the American Cancer Society.

IMG_5737.thumb.JPG.dfdfb9370bdf761ff9a320aed033ad93.JPGIMG_E5735.JPG.c96b868f6ded8f53d3d6969068ab0094.JPGIMG_5728.thumb.JPG.f527c3779bd4a99d058c7616b969f5ea.JPGIMG_5689.thumb.JPG.abc72db1fb2f6a247c9e7ff93107d66d.JPG

2 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

ONLY 32  DAYS AWAY :FlagAm: B)

:FlagAm:Already packing the trailer, serviced the generator and the one ton.  Annie and I can hardly wait any longer.  25Sept at 3:00 A.M. we are heading out.  God willing, pulling in Sunday afternoon.  And yes, we HAVE pink this year.  WhooHoo!

After the side matches on Thursday is the Chili tasting and contest.  So bring out your best and we will have a rippin :ph34r: good time.   Last year there were thirteen entries of award winning chili, each in their own right.  Surpassing that would be awesome this year.  And what better way to win a bottle of JD Single Barrel.

We are both really tired of 50 plus days of over 110 degrees this summer so look out, we be coming!

Chas B and Apple Annie:blink:

Well I got back to the range to work on painting the targets for the match. I got 5 of the 7 available painted. There are 5 more we can't paint until after our September 19th match but we'll have them all ready in time. 

Randy

IMG_6993.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

IMG_7069.JPG

IMG_7068.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

3 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I got 5 of the 7 available painted. There are 5 more we can't paint until after our September 19th match but we'll have them all ready in time

Hopefully you won’t have to paint them again...again. 

Looks awesome Randy, pity we won't make it, as all Australians are banned from international trips until March 21 ???

We have the most draconian and tyrannical laws this side of the pacific.:angry:

13 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Well I got back to the range to work on painting the targets for the match. I got 5 of the 7 available painted. There are 5 more we can't paint until after our September 19th match but we'll have them all ready in time. 

Randy

IMG_6993.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

IMG_7069.JPG

IMG_7068.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

Two cans with pistol grips. I assume you were spraying duelist?

And I failed to mention that there will be several guns given away. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN! 

If you have the idea that you need to be a top shooter to participate in a State or Regional match, you will miss an experience that can't be duplicated at a monthly match. Sign up now!

5 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

And I failed to mention that there will be several guns given away. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN! 

If you have the idea that you need to be a top shooter to participate in a State or Regional match, you will miss an experience that can't be duplicated at a monthly match. Sign up now!

Slim this font is nearly illegible on a mobile device.

To emphasize: if you think you need to be a top shooter to enjoy a big match, well; get that out of your head. I've finished in the bottom 20 at least twice and have never had more fun at any match. Between TN State and Southeast Regional two weeks later, October will be Cowboy Heaven!

2 minutes ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

Is there a schedule of events anywhere?

2020 Regulator Reckoning Important Times 
Thursday, October 8, 2020
8:00 AM – 3:30 PM Check-in & Shooter Packet Pick-up 
9:30 AM – 3:30 PM Side Matches 
10:00 AM – 3:30 PM Vendors Open 
8:30 AM – 8:45AM Blackpowder Safety Meeting 
8:45 AM - 12:45 PM 4 Stage Blackpowder Match 
1:00 PM - 1:15 PM Wild Bunch/Warmup Safety Meeting 
1:15 PM - Wild Bunch/Warmup Match 
3:30 PM - 5:00 PM Team Side Match 
5:30 PM - Chili Cooking Contest Awards 
(All are invited to eat prize winning Chili) 
Friday, October 9, 2020
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Check-in & Shooter Packet Pick-up 
9:30 AM–10:00 AM Mandatory Shooters’ Meeting 
10:00AM - 3:00 PM Shoot 6 Main Stages 
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Vendors Open 
3:00 PM – 4:30 PM Man on Man Side Match 
5:30 PM - Dinner at Range, Door Prizes / Side Match Awards 
Saturday, October 10, 2020
9:30 AM-2:30 PM Shoot 6 Main Stages 
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Vendors Open 
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM Social Gathering, Bell Buckle Café Banquet Hall
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Banquet Dinner, Bell Buckle Café Banquet Hall
8:00 PM - Door Prizes and Main Match Awards

I regret that I will have to miss this match.   I was gonna put a whoopin on Capt Bill Burt, TN Williams, Randy St. Eagle, etc.....

:lol:;)

Yep, I was bringing the whoopin.   Maybe next year..... ;)

..........Widder

33 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I regret that I will have to miss this match.   I was gonna put a whoopin on Capt Bill Burt, TN Williams, Randy St. Eagle, etc.....

..........Widder

Widder,

We're gonna miss ya at the match, but we are happy to hear you are recovering and we can look ahead to the whoopins you will be bringing soon. My personal thanks to the Man upstairs & to the doctors who got you all fixed up! Now if we could just find a daring brain surgeon, or a half crazy psychiatrist maybe we could get Tennessee Williams back on track too! Listen to them rehab experts at physical therapy & get well soon! 

Chickamauga 

Widder, it will not be the same without you but we will endeavor to preserver in you absence.

There is also a ROI class offered on Thursday starting at 9:00 if anyone is interested. I think that is the time Papa Dave and I discussed.

4 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Widder, I'm glad you found it in that newly fixed up ticker to have a little mercy on me and Randy and BB. We had a meeting about a month ago to come up with ways of whoopin you. Me and Randy was gonna slip some of that good door prize in your tea. We had to talk Cap'n BB out of running out on the stage and moving targets between yer shots. We finally got through to him by explaining that it takes about 5 seconds for him to run out there and move a target, and every now and again you get off 2 shots in 4 seconds. :D

14 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

I would gladly accept that whoopin if it meant we had the pleasure of your company!  Keep getting better pard!

9 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Widder, I'm glad you found it in that newly fixed up ticker to have a little mercy on me and Randy and BB. We had a meeting about a month ago to come up with ways of whoopin you. Me and Randy was gonna slip some of that good door prize in your tea. We had to talk Cap'n BB out of running out on the stage and moving targets between yer shots. We finally got through to him by explaining that it takes about 5 seconds for him to run out there and move a target, and every now and again you get off 2 shots in 4 seconds. :D

Just for that I'm going to 'adjust' your targets before this match.  They'll still be at the same distances so you can't complain, but they'll be turned 90 degrees with their edges facing the firing line.  That shouldn't be a problem for a super duper duelist like you.  Bring that Chevelle too, I want to see what it looks like in my rear view mirror.

Now thats the competitive spirit, my friends.    Poor ole TN Williams..... being a spotter for him would be like watching 

a snail hollerin 'weeeeeeeee' while riding on the back of a turtle.

I may not physically be there but that beautiful Henry Silver Eagle will be there.   

Good luck to all!

..........Widder

17 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Yeeha! Hook, line AND sinker!

Actually I melted down the sinkers for casting bullets.

I spent an hour shooting the bull with Blackwater and that pretty much did the trick.

5 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Just for that I'm going to 'adjust' your targets before this match.  They'll still be at the same distances so you can't complain, but they'll be turned 90 degrees with their edges facing the firing line.  That shouldn't be a problem for a super duper duelist like you.  Bring that Chevelle too, I want to see what it looks like in my rear view mirror.

I can't afford the fuel to get it there! 

And here I was helping you out all I could. Randy wanted to just let you run out there and I talked him out of it. Matter of fact, @Krazy Kajun wanted to close the gate after you run out there and I told him we shouldn't do it. 

1 hour ago, Diamond Jake said:

Y'all talked me into it.  Check is in the mail.

You won't regret it.  It's always a great match.

4 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

I can't afford the fuel to get it there! 

And here I was helping you out all I could. Randy wanted to just let you run out there and I talked him out of it. Matter of fact, @Krazy Kajun wanted to close the gate after you run out there and I told him we shouldn't do it. 

Sounds kinda fishy to me.  We all know Randy is a gentleman and a scholar, so I'm not buying that.  I think I could bribe the Kajun into setting me free.  A little gumbo and some Dixie beer and he would be singing a different tune.

6 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:  Bring that Chevelle too, I want to see what it looks like in my rear view mirror.

not sure what your chevy has bill. But my 700hp track car would love a run with you at road Atlanta 

cardboard cowboy

25FE2013-23D4-41DA-858C-19F7C1981557.jpeg

Archived