Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chickamauga Slim

TN State Championship Oct 8-10

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Were they friction burns?

   Nope! I fired 5 rds duelist style through one of my revolvers to function check it. I grabbed the barrel before it had a chance to cool.:ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

 

I guess its possible if a banana slips out of your hands fast enough, a tender handed person could get friction burns.

It could also be a freeze burn from a DQ Blizzard.

 

..........Widder

 

Rarely will I drop anything that has to do with nanner splits or puddin. I did melt one of those plastic spoons eating some nanner puddin one time though. I carry my own special spoon now. Have a holster and everything. It's set up for crossdraw.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard it all now.    TN has now burnt his arm, in addition to his hands.

I ask him..... "what are you trying to prove or accomplish'?

 

TN sez..... "I figure if I can burn enough parts of my body before the state match, I should be a BALL OF FIRE in a couple weeks".

 

Give me a break!

 

..........Widder

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright TW, admit it; you burned yourself trying to make this:

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Alright TW, admit it; you burned yourself trying to make this:

 

 

No, but I anticipate the bunkhouse boss will burn herself trying to make it for me on her birthday this Saturday. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of food, is Burgoo allowed in the Chili contest?  Here's my recipe:

 

 

Edited by Diamond Jake
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

No, but I anticipate the bunkhouse boss will burn herself trying to make it for me on her birthday this Saturday. 

 

Only TW would have his wife cooking a special dish for him on HER birthday. :P

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

Speaking of food, is Burgoo allowed in the Chili contest?  Here's my recipe:

 

 

 

I don't know, but if you have a recipe for campfire nanner puddin', Tennessee Williams will be your new best friend :P

 

 

Heck, I might be for that matter.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

I don't know, but if you have a recipe for campfire nanner puddin', Tennessee Williams will be your new best friend :P

 

 

Heck, I might be for that matter.

 

Heck, there's nothin' better than a 'Nanner Split cooked over an open fire!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, for the Chili contest, is there any way/place we can cook at the range  match  place where we eat?  I love cooking over a campfire, but I might be able to cook a pot of something the night before and warm it up on a camp stove on the truck tailgate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

 

Only TW would have his wife cooking a special dish for him on HER birthday. :P

 

 

 

Thats SOP for TN.  

Here's how it works:

Tonight, or maybe tomorrow, he starts planting these thoughts in her mind about special foods and deserts and such.

He talks about that special food all day tomorrow.   He convinces her that because she is such a great cook, she can probably

make that 'special dish' on Saturday.     She doesn't focus on HER B'day, but rather 'The Dish'.

 

Then it happens..... on Saturday morning, he tells her to forget about the dish because he's gonna take her out for her Bday.   She is overwhelmed.

She now realizes her man thinks more of her Bday than he does his own special dish.

 

So where does he take her?     To a fancy restaurant that specializes in HIS special dish. 

Basically, He kills 2 birds with one stone.     He becomes the twinkle in her eye once again.

 

She is treated like a Queen on her Bday.   He gets his special dish.  He becomes her Knight in shining armor.

AND.....when he goes to the next gun show, he can probably safely bring home a new toy.

 

Ole TN Williams might be ugly, but he ain't stupid.   :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

Seriously, for the Chili contest, is there any way/place we can cook at the range  match  place where we eat?  I love cooking over a campfire, but I might be able to cook a pot of something the night before and warm it up on a camp stove on the truck tailgate.

There are no facilities to cook there unless someone brings them. Reheating on the tailgate is a possibility. We will probably finish shooting by 4 so you would have maybe 90 minutes or so. Please dont hold me to exact times.

 

Imis

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

There are no facilities to cook there unless someone brings them. Reheating on the tailgate is a possibility. We will probably finish shooting by 4 so you would have maybe 90 minutes or so. Please dont hold me to exact times.

 

Imis

 

Isn't there a fire pit or something similar up at the long range?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

 

Isn't there a fire pit or something similar up at the long range?

Part of an old barrel is all, I think.

 

Imis

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Stop with the food porn! I think I’ve gained 5 pounds just looking at it.

Quit fussin'. You could hang glide with a dorito.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diamond Jake said:

 

Heck, there's nothin' better than a 'Nanner Split cooked over an open fire!

Heresy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

 

AND.....when he goes to the next gun show, he can probably safely bring home a new toy.

 

Ole TN Williams might be ugly, but he ain't stupid.   :lol:

 

..........Widder

 

 

 

Heck. I can't argue against any of that. My wife "Tennessee Whiskey" doesn't shoot at the range with me but she gets awful mad when I go to a gun show and don't get a new gun. I'm thinking I have a good thing going here...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

 

yada yada some stuff

 

 

So where does he take her?     To a fancy restaurant that specializes in HIS special dish. 

Basically, He kills 2 birds with one stone.     He becomes the twinkle twinkie in her eye once again.

 

yada yada some other stuff

There ya go Widder, I fixed it fer ya! :lol:

 

Kajun

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Quit fussin'. You could hang glide with a dorito.

No way! I hate heights. I would get vertigo standing on the edge of a sheet of toilet paper.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

No way! I hate heights. I would get vertigo standing on the edge of a sheet of toilet paper.

 

They got some salve that will help take care of that.     I had a vertigo jump on my back just the other day

and the salve got rid of it.

 

..........Widder

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

 

They got some salve that will help take care of that.     I had a vertigo jump on my back just the other day

and the salve got rid of it.

 

..........Widder

 

You ought to try some somultion on it next time. It works a lot better. It also helps with any ventiaries you get without the side effects.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Speaking of food, is Burgoo allowed in the Chili contest?  Here's my recipe:

 

 

 

Your burgoo would be welcomed at the cook-off, although it might get disqualified for not being chili. Then again, it might win everybody over. There is power down at the schoolhouse, you could plug in a slow cooker there. The schoolhouse will be in use for RO1 training Thursday morning.

 

Edited by Chickamauga Slim
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 Days & counting

 

The only thing y'all will miss more than my countdown is the WHOLE DANG SHOOTIN" MATCH iffin you don't sign up now!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

 

Your burgoo would be welcomed at the cook-off, although it might get disqualified for not being chili. Then again, it might win everybody over. There is power down at the schoolhouse, you could plug in a slow cooker there. The schoolhouse will be in use for RO1 training Thursday morning.

 

 

This may sound like heresy but some people just don't like chili.  This will give them an option.  My nephew once got second place in a chili cookoff with chicken/potato soup.

 

Having said that, I'm so excited about my first State shoot, I'm not sure I want to complicate things by adding this additional stuff to my agenda.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

 

This may sound like heresy but some people just don't like chili.  This will give them an option.  My nephew once got second place in a chili cookoff with chicken/potato soup.

 

Having said that, I'm so excited about my first State shoot, I'm not sure I want to complicate things by adding this additional stuff to my agenda.

 

Don't be hesitant to join in the festivities!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I see they posted an updated shooters list:

 

http://wartraceregulators.com/StateMatch.aspx

 

 

 

165 and growing! WooHoo!!! Let's make it 175 before the cutoff date. Bring a buddy, invite your neighbor. All of y'all shoot with somebody who hasn't decided whether to sign up or not. It's on you to make sure they don't miss out. I've done all I can do. Except this one thing - I'll personally give a $20 Denham's gift card to the person who sends PaPa Dave the 175th application. Papa Dave, please let me know who & when that happens. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    Don't forget to wear pink Thursday and come by and introduce yourself to me at the cut the rope/speed deringer/speed pocket pistol stage. It'll be good to put a face with a name. Well. For most of you anyway. :P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two with me this weekend that have not sent theirs in. Horse Doc and Cactus Red plan t o be there is I can get them moving.

 

I will be glad to keep an eye on anything cooking in the school house.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2020 at 12:00 PM, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Here is the list of Categories we have and how many in each Category right as  of  the now

 

 

http://wartraceregulators.com/2020State/attendingAlpha.pdf 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 Days? 12 Days? That's not even 2 whole weeks! 4 more days before registration is cut off. You procrastinators have almost waited too long. 

Top 10 excuses for not shooting the Tennessee State Match: (as reported to me by Tennessee Williams)

10. My dog ate my gun leather

9. I need a haircut

8. I cut my finger while sharpening my knife

7. The grass needs mowing

6. I can't find primers

5. I might miss an episode of Dancing With The Stars

4. I can't find my boots

3. I might have too much fun

2. I lost the key to my locking gas cap

1. My parole officer said no way

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

 

165 and growing! WooHoo!!! Let's make it 175 before the cutoff date. Bring a buddy, invite your neighbor. All of y'all shoot with somebody who hasn't decided whether to sign up or not. It's on you to make sure they don't miss out. I've done all I can do. Except this one thing - I'll personally give a $20 Denham's gift card to the person who sends PaPa Dave the 175th application. Papa Dave, please let me know who & when that happens. 

I sent my app in earlier this week.

MM

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.