SASS Wire Forum

Uselessness Defined.

Subdeacon Joe

No Firearms 

⠠⠝⠕ ⠠⠋⠊⠗⠑⠁⠗⠍⠎

They forgot the commas that denote the start of a new word...apparently. 

Don't know what it says, but NO FIREARMS has a 2-letter word and a 8-letter word.

The braille has a 2-letter word and a 7-letter word.

The third letter in FIREARMS is R. That's three stacked on the left and just the middle one on the right. The sixth letter in FIREARMS is also an R, but that braille letter is not repeated.

7 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Don't know what it says, but NO FIREARMS has a 2-letter word and a 8-letter word.

The braille has a 2-letter word and a 7-letter word.

The third letter in FIREARMS is R. That's three stacked on the left and just the middle one on the right. The sixth letter in FIREARMS is also an R, but that braille letter is not repeated.

That’s because “no firearms” is is translated from Braille or to Braille as

,no ,fire>ms

And another thing--How do blind people know that there is a sign there?

Reminds me of a story:

I was studying American Sign Language and made contact with a deaf bowling league here in town.  After a couple of years hanging out and talking to them, they convinced me to join the league.  One night, after bowling, I was packing up and couldn't find my cell phone.  Thinking it was lost, I went to the desk and asked them if anyone had turned one in.  The guy behind the desk asked where I was bowling and I clearly stated, "Down on the end of the alley with the Deaf League".  He then said, "maybe one of them picked it up."  My immediate response was, "Why would they do that?" 

5 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

Reminds me of a story:

I was studying American Sign Language and made contact with a deaf bowling league here in town.  After a couple of years hanging out and talking to them, they convinced me to join the league.  One night, after bowling, I was packing up and couldn't find my cell phone.  Thinking it was lost, I went to the desk and asked them if anyone had turned one in.  The guy behind the desk asked where I was bowling and I clearly stated, "Down on the end of the alley with the Deaf League".  He then said, "maybe one of them picked it up."  My immediate response was, "Why would they do that?" 

Text messages?

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Text messages?

Yeah, not on my phone back then.  I was kind of a late bloomer when it came to text. They all had spiffier text screen phones, they would have never used my old flip phone for that.

10 minutes ago, Smoky Pistols said:

And there’s a sign “Employees must wash hands before returning to work.” And below it the same in Braille.

imagine a blind person running his hands over the entire wall “I know there’s a sign here telling me to do something.”

frankly if you run your hands over those walls you’d better wash them.

I thought this was going to be a a thread about politicians

1 hour ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

I really expected to see my picture.

Imis

Na, that on the wanted poster down at the post office.:lol:

Company I retired from made signs, panels, and man/machine interface products. 

We got an order from the Portland, Oregon transit department to emboss braille  and print 

bus stop signs with route information. Since nobody in the plant understood Braille, it took a bit 

of time for the Art Department to develop the artwork for the embossing dies to be made from. There was 

a lot of artwork involved. We shipped the order out, only to be informed someone in the Portland Transit

Dept. made a mistake and we got incorrection information. Boy howdy. 

5 minutes ago, Flatwater Monte said:

It makes me wonder which genius decided to put braille on drive up ATMs!

The blind guy in the back or passenger seat. I've also seen drive-through kiosks on the right side, for passengers or right-side drive vehicles I assume, so it's entirely feasible for a blind guy to be in the left seat, where most of the kiosks would be located.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, Flatwater Monte said:

It makes me wonder which genius decided to put braille on drive up ATMs!

Simple.   They make one model of ATM to use in both walk up and drive up.  Less confusion,  lower production costs. 

On 5/28/2019 at 4:19 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Besides that, I think Stevie Wonder could drive better than some of the clods I see everyday who have 20/20 vision.

Reminds me of the trivia question, “what happened the first time that Ray Charles drove his new Corvette?”

A:  it crashed.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:45 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Well, I guess the last thing we need is a blind mass shooter. :huh:

Trust me, there are plenty of blind Massachusetts cowboy shooters.   :P

46 minutes ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

OK Marshal what’s next

Helen Keller jokes??

Of course not, but you can go to her simulator site to see what it was like...

https://helenkellersimulator.org/

On 5/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

The blind guy in the back or passenger seat. I've also seen drive-through kiosks on the right side, for passengers or right-side drive vehicles I assume, so it's entirely feasible for a blind guy to be in the left seat, where most of the kiosks would be located.

Or mailmen. :P

53 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Or mailmen. :P

I’m a male-man.

But there seems to be more men that don’t happen to be male, and women that don’t happen to be female....

1 hour ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

But there seems to be more men that don’t happen to be male, and women that don’t happen to be female....

I think it coincides with the eventual switching of the Earth's poles. The sexes appear to be trading places as well. :blink:

And there’s a sign “Employees must wash hands before returning to work.” And below it the same in Braille.

imagine a blind person running his hands over the entire wall “I know there’s a sign here telling me to do something.”

frankly if you run your hands over those walls you’d better wash them.

Maybe that's why this place put the Braille under glass...

:blink::lol:

Braille.jpg

Archived