SASS Wire Forum

Duelists unite!!!

Rye Miles #13621

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SUDDS is still cool

I found that pins are alot cheaper than badges and do we really need more stinkin' badges??? A pin can be worn on your shirt, vest, hat or wherever. Bubba hooked me up with a place that does pins and she'll even help with the design. 

Duelists, "We are rolling!!;)

11 hours ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Understood, but for the time being until the funding is there... just saying.. unless someone wants to donate funds for a website??

+ 100000

6 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

+ 100000

They don't necessarily cost money if you use the right website builder. I have the summer off so I might be able to play around with making one.

But here is the thing with the name shootist, we aren't shooting in the Shootist Category. There are the Jedi GUNFIGHTERS and the Magnificent Seven CLASSIC COWBOYS. Sure, I love the word and the idea, but it isn't exactly us. That's just my two cents.

3 minutes ago, Pecos Nick said:

They don't necessarily cost money if you use the right website builder. I have the summer off so I might be able to play around with making one.

But here is the thing with the name shootist, we aren't shooting in the Shootist Category. There are the Jedi GUNFIGHTERS and the Magnificent Seven CLASSIC COWBOYS. Sure, I love the word and the idea, but it isn't exactly us. That's just my two cents.

First congratulations on top 16 again great shooting.

Second i agree with you about the name shootist.

Third if you have the time and skills excellent and thank you is what i say. Still don't think FB is a bad idea could a link be added. 

Good luck today.

EMN 

Why, thank you!

Im not going to say right off that I have the skills, but I certainly have the time. The chances are good that I can try and get something up and running when I return from New Mexico, but that might be a few more days from now as we plan on visiting the family property.

7 minutes ago, Pecos Nick said:

Why, thank you!

Im not going to say right off that I have the skills, but I certainly have the time. The chances are good that I can try and get something up and running when I return from New Mexico, but that might be a few more days from now as we plan on visiting the family property.

If you need any JavaScript coding done, let me know.  I do it for a living.

27 minutes ago, Pecos Nick said:

I agree, the name should have something about Duelist in it!! Thanks for offering to play around with a website, this is all in the very early stages, I had no idea it would gather this much attention!!! Love it!:)

10 hours ago, Nichols Creek, SASS #77627 said:

I'll second that.

I vote Yea on Pecos Nick's Knights theme. 

Since it looks like this is really going to happen I'd like to jump ahead of the game and make a suggestion. SASS has The Wild Bunch who are the original founders. I propose we form a similar group. Keeping with Nick's theme I propose The Court, as in King Arthur's Court. Not a governing body but an honorary recognition. I further suggest Rye Miles be #1 since this is his idea in the first place. If we do go with Nick's naming theme I propose he be #2. My final proposal would be to recognize two of the greatest Duelists from our past, Nutin' Graceful and Frederick Jackson Turner with #s 3&4. 

1 hour ago, Shooting Bull said:

Since it looks like this is really going to happen I'd like to jump ahead of the game and make a suggestion. SASS has The Wild Bunch who are the original founders. I propose we form a similar group. Keeping with Nick's theme I propose The Court, as in King Arthur's Court. Not a governing body but an honorary recognition. I further suggest Rye Miles be #1 since this is his idea in the first place. If we do go with Nick's naming theme I propose he be #2. My final proposal would be to recognize two of the greatest Duelists from our past, Nutin' Graceful and Frederick Jackson Turner with #s 3&4. 

+1

RYE and PECOS NICK:

If either of you think you might want to talk with the JEDI webmaster creator and operator, send me an email at: 

widder1894@icloud.com

Because he is JEDI (DeadHead), he will be more than happy to help with any info you might need.

..........Widder

On 6/23/2017 at 7:14 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I've noticed that the Duelist, Senior Duelist and FCD categories are kinda dwindling. Everyone's going Gunfighter. It's time for us Duelists to unite! Gf's have the Jedi thing going on what about us tried and true duelists who shoot the way they did back in the day!! I've been shooting duelist for 20 years, never shot anything else!

Duelists, ya got any ideas?:D

Rye

I went the other way 'bout three years ago, from Gunfighter to Duelist or FCD. Other than Wild Bunch, it's been all black powder so far this year. ;)

2 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

RYE and PECOS NICK:

If either of you think you might want to talk with the JEDI webmaster creator and operator, send me an email at: 

widder1894@icloud.com

Because he is JEDI (DeadHead), he will be more than happy to help with any info you might need.

..........Widder

I will sometime soon! Much obliged pard!

4 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

I think you're idea is great but I do think it goes a little farther than I expected. I don't think anyone should be #1 or get special attention. We're all in this together and trying to promote the one true shooting style of the old west. We have 5 duelists categories, Duelist, Senior Duelist, FCD, Classic Cowboy and Frontiersman. I'm going to play around with a 'creed" to follow and help promote duelist categories. For example, encourage some of the younger shooters to try duelist, they may find it a real challenge. Older shooters also, who may have been in the military and were trained to shoot one-handed with 1911's. I don't know if this makes any sense but any suggestions are not only welcome but encouraged!!

Duelists Rule!!;)

When I first started this game many years ago I shot traditional then switched to 49er for about a year and have shot a duelist category ever since. As soon as Classic was stared I switched from duelist to CC, would shoot duelist only when I wanted to shoot my .38 revolvers and then in the fall would shoot Frontiersman. For the last two years I shot FCD and last month have changed back to CC. Duelist IS Coolist! I'm in with whatever you choose, but I do like Shootist.

Scout

It's really too bad we don't have a Polling option on this site. That way names, options, etc could be listed and tallied. A lot have forums have dropped voting options but some do still use them. It would make this type of thing a lot easier to track. 

There sure are a lot of great ideas here. I think it's pretty darn cool.

17 minutes ago, Pecos Nick said:

I think you're mistaken. The correct term is probably foolish.

I was tryin' ta be nice....ta yu, not Rye of course.....

How about this for a Duelists Creed:

I will not be wronged, I will not be insulted, I will not have a hand laid on me. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them and I will never shoot two handed!;)

you know Rye, if you shot better and faster you wudn't be so forgotten....... just saying....

3 minutes ago, Cheyenne Culpepper 32827 said:

you know Rye, if you shot better and faster you wudn't be so forgotten....... just saying....

Thanks for the nice words, you're a real pard! 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It's really too bad we don't have a Polling option on this site. That way names, options, etc could be listed and tallied. A lot have forums have dropped voting options but some do still use them. It would make this type of thing a lot easier to track. 

There sure are a lot of great ideas here. I think it's pretty darn cool.

Heck Pat-I just wish the posts were numbered for reference proposes. ;)

OLG

21 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

How about this for a Duelists Creed:

I will not be wronged, I will not be insulted, I will not have a hand laid on me. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them and I will never shoot two handed!;)

I think you nailed it !!! 

RJ

11 minutes ago, Ricochet James said:

I think you nailed it !!! 

RJ

Thanks but I can't take credit for this, it was suggested to me by my pard, Cole Alan, another duelist of course!!:)

I thinks Shootist is cool but should have Duelist in it to.  What about something like "Duelist Shootist Society"  or Dueling Shootist Society

RJ

Archived