SASS Wire Forum

the Anthem

Colorado Coffinmaker

Yep.

She sang it with heart. Not many do. I got the feeling she was proud to do it.

I would agree! That made the difference.

I'd say there's more to lady Gaga than what she looks like. She is a serious performer, has sense enough to deliver a respectful performance, not for herself but to respect her Country and its protectors. She's just getting started......

+2

Nope another one who made it all about her

+10000

Terrible! Out of tempo, hot dogging it all the way through especially at the end. Her voice is fine I just hated her rendition! :angry:

I wanna hear all the self aggrandized nay sayers get out there and "Do It."

Just because us naysayers can't sing the National Anthem doesn't mean we can't critique it! This is America isn't it? :P

Actually, Allie, I think there are three threads a-goin'. ;)

So... through the years styles change. It happens... and although it COULD be, it doesn't necessarily mean it's for the better, nor worse.

Check out this reproduction of how it was done originally:

(Well done, but I like LG's version too!)

Actually, Allie, I think there are three threads a-goin'. ;)

So... through the years styles change. It happens... and although it COULD be, it doesn't necessarily mean it's for the better, nor worse.

Check out this reproduction of how it was done originally:

(Well done, but I like LG's version too!)

Interesting with the added verses, also interesting is it's clearly in 3/4 time! Good job. :FlagAm:

That's my point, Allie... to us it seems "rushed;" back then, it was correct.

Can you imagine the reaction if someone performed it this way at a Super Bowl these days...? Probably wouldn't mesh with "modern" musical tastes. :rolleyes:

fingers.in_.ears_.jpg

Was it just me or was she dressed for The Hunger Games? :P

For her, she was dressed very conservatively. ;)

Nothing wrong with a little red white & blue bling.

I am sure the acoustic engineers, stage personnel and singer were working together to make the singing performance the best it could be for the audience in the super large coliseum that has all kinds of acoustic challenges. Perhaps changing the tempo helped. The TV audience was privilaged to hear direct from the mic on Miss Gaga and not what the persons in the nose bleed sections would have heard

Everybody has been singing it a bit differently for decades. Some things to consider when listening to the SBB. I think she did a fine job.

"...The poem was set to the tune of a popular British song written by John Stafford Smith for the Anacreontic Society, a men's social club in London. "To Anacreon in Heaven" (or "The Anacreontic Song"), with various lyrics, was already popular in the United States. Set to Key's poem and renamed "The Star-Spangled Banner", it soon became a well-known American patriotic song. With a range of one octave and one fifth (a semitone more than an octave and a half), it is known for being difficult to sing. Although the poem has four stanzas, only the first is commonly sung today."

Link

Bingo! Respectful performance!

I'd say there's more to lady Gaga than what she looks like. She is a serious performer, has sense enough to deliver a respectful performance, not for herself but to respect her Country and its protectors. She's just getting started......

Archived