SASS Wire Forum

New Slix-Trigger by Slixprings, Love mine!

Lucky L

Recently had Slixprings new Slix-Trigger's installed in both of my '73 rifles and have to say, love it! I had one installed in my rifle, when my son shot mine at a match, he wanted one installed in his rifle as well. These new triggers are more straight and allows you to "get on it" quicker when you cycle the lever! If your looking for that little edge, I don't think you will be disappointed in these new triggers!!

It has sure kept my finger from being "Pinched"..

Ol' #4

Wouldn't these "new" triggers change the outside appearance of the rifle? Remember the "lightning rod"? That was $80 I'll never see again.

Wouldn't these "new" triggers change the outside appearance of the rifle? Remember the "lightning rod"? That was $80 I'll never see again.

Remember triggers can be re profiled. Slick has had a straighter trigger for the Marlins for awhile.

I've been playing with a Slix Trigger on my WB Rifle. It's cool👍🏼

Regards,

Ringer

That means going back to a two piece trigger.

Ol' #4

Hey 4, If you didn't put your finger where it doesn't belong it wouldn't get pinched. LOL :P

Marshal Stone

Ol' #4

I've heard this before but don't understand how it works. With either trigger, if you're a bit quick with your trigger finger you can get it pinched between the trigger and the lever. How does this straight trigger prevent that? I honestly want to know because this new design is intriguing to me. (Someday I want to grow up and shoot like Smokestack. :D )

I've heard this before but don't understand how it works. With either trigger, if you're a bit quick with your trigger finger you can get it pinched between the trigger and the lever. How does this straight trigger prevent that? I honestly want to know because this new design is intriguing to me. (Someday I want to grow up and shoot like Smokestack. :D )

I'm not sure I can explain it clearly but I'll give it a try. With a stock trigger, it curves back, trying to parallel if you will, the lines of the lever loop when it is closed. When things get a little rushed and you are going for that 19 second stage, and you just know you can make it up with the rifle (if you really crank on it), in your haste to yank that trigger faster, you inadvertently let your trigger finger drop below the tip of he trigger. Because you are working that lever at a heretofore unknown blazing speed, you didn't get your trigger finger out of the way of the rapidly closing lever. Now, as the lever is in it's haste to contact the leg of the lever safety (because we know no one who wants a safe rifle would ever remove a lever safety) just happens to find that little bit of flesh of your finger that is sticking out below the trigger. Now the inertia of the closing of the lever, coupled with that wee little bit of metal sticking forward forming the clean, radial lines of the lever loop just happens to catch that little bit of flesh sticking out and impales it into the tip of your curved trigger. If it doesn't spear your finger into the trigger, it will pinch it and it leaves a helluva blood blister (Sumbitch that hurts!). With the SliX-trigger, the profile drops the trigger straight down and moves your finger forward, and higher, away from the back of the lever loop negating that pesky little bit of flesh being caught by the closing lever. The added bonus is that since it is further forward, you don't have to move your finger as far to the rear to engage the trigger. That means a faster stage time. Now granted, there is some muscle memory involved because a fast shooter will shoot fast no matter what gun he shoots or what trigger he uses. But, if I don't have to move my trigger finger as far as I need to, that will pick up some time. So let's say the new trigger shaves a quarter of a second per stage on a normal ten shot string. At a big match for two days and twelve stages, that just saved me 3 seconds. Look at the results of some of the big matches and the difference between first and second may be measured by less than one second.

BH

• 2 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, February 17, 2016 - Insulting
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, February 17, 2016 - Insulting

IMO - just another aftermarket 'toy'

SliX-Trigger.jpg

I'm pretty sure no one asked your opinion but you've not had a problem spreading your drivel.

Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, February 17, 2016 - Insult
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, February 17, 2016 - Insult

I'm pretty sure no one asked your opinion but you've not had a problem spreading your drivel.

:D

• 3 months later...

Finally got some bugs filed out of it with Big Iron Buster's help & now all I got to do is get use to it. Will wait though until Winter Range is over with before swapping it back into my 73.

Mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed a Slix straight trigger a few months back in my 73 to help stop jacking out live rounds and it seems to be working. The only issue I've had with it happened last weekend when picked the rifle up my trigger finger got in behind the trigger instead of in front.

Testimonial:

Since installing the new Slix-Trigger by Slixprings, ALL of my stage time are 14 sec+. I am very pleased with this trigger. :D

Snakebite

Ditto, Ditto n Slix Springs great folks to deal with and good products. I have no complaints what so ever. Helpful folks Ole #4 and Big Iron Buster.

JRJ

Testimonial:

Since installing the new Slix-Trigger by Slixprings, ALL of my stage time are 14 sec+. I am very pleased with this trigger. :D

Snakebite

Haha.....Any faster and you might Spontaneously Combust💥

Haha.....Any faster and you might Spontaneously Combust

Hey Ringer...... I didn't say how much (+) Sometimes 10 sec, sometimes more! ;)

Snakebite

Does anyone know if there will be a sliks springs vender at winter range? I'm thinking it might be nice to have these triggers installed on both my 73s while I'm out there.

P.S. Larsen, thanks for the pics! Looks like a nice setup. W. L.

Archived