SASS Wire Forum

9/22, last day of summer, Summer is closed.

Chili Ron

Howdy,

9/22, last day of summer.

Doing anything special?

Im workin on the yard.

Gittin ready fer winter.

Cleanin a couple guns.

Drinkin my DD coffee....

Best

CR

At work right now. Checking deer stands at lunch today. Prepping the camper tonight and getting all of our hunting duds out. My daughter gets to deer hunt this weekend in the Indiana youth hunt. Then bow opener on the 1st.

Buggin out of work for a few hours and going to just go for a drive in the forest....The real beauty of Flagstaff AZ is the fact it is surrounded on all sides by national forest with tremendous access. Every now and then you just have to escape into the forest.

Just remembering that I returned home from the big live fire excercise exactly 45 years ago and took the uniform off for the last time. Not a bad start to Autumn.

Tonight, I'll toast those friends who weren't so lucky .

OdPHUi.jpg

Well, I managed to get out of bed. Momma has an appointment at 1100 hours, and I will be the motor

pool for that, then I get to haul the refuse can down to the corner. Maybe a trip to the lake to see if the

fish want to talk to me. Might crank up the tractor and mow the orchard and clean up some wind blown

branches, IF I FEEL UP TO IT. IF not, there is tomorrow. One of the perks of being old and retired.

It does not matter much what you do. Nobody really gives a big rat's behind anyway, and if you haven't

done it by now, it probably wasn't worth the effort in the first place, and it really doesn't matter now. :D

BUT I DO LOVE AUTUNM, MY FAVORATE TIME OF THE YEAR. Need to talk Momma into a trip up to

the mountains to see the change of seasons. Maybe Thursday or Friday.

Mowing the grass in a little bit, sitting outside and enjoying this beautiful 70 degree sunny weather!

I need a bunch of Continuing Legal Education credits to meet my yearly requirement; luckily, the Bar Association has a bunch of courses on video on a website, and I'm listening to 6 hours worth today. B-o-r-i-n-g!

Taking the Wonder Dog to the vet later for his annual.

LL

Still a bit warm during the day. Put together two more stands and need to take them to my hunting property. Right now the chiggers and turkey mites are tearing up most that step in the woods. So I guess I'll have to wait a couple more weeks for that chore. Sucks cause I got the itch to be in the woods real bad this year. Probably because I only got one day out last year and nothing in the freezer.

Now that my work day is over, I'm going to get a nice shot of Irish Whiskey on ice, a fine Nicaraguan Cigar (Perdomo), and sit on my back porch playing a banjo until it gets late enough to concern me about police showing up.

GS/

I need a bunch of Continuing Legal Education credits to meet my yearly requirement; luckily, the Bar Association has a bunch of courses on video on a website, and I'm listening to 6 hours worth today. B-o-r-i-n-g!

Taking the Wonder Dog to the vet later for his annual.

LL

Uggh... I need to do some of that as well.

Well, it was a perfect day, weather wise.

Got Momma taken care of with her appointment,

took the truck in for some gas, Trash cans are out,

supper is over, and time for the evening. Been a

pretty day. Tomorrow we shall see what happens.

I got on facebook awhile ago, and found myself tagged in the following by one of my close friends from my old unit, so I thought it appropriate to pass it along:

Today is the 22nd. The day set aside to check your battle buddies from the past and present. It is estimated 22 Vetterans take their lives a day. This is a huge number. Show some love and check on them. For all my battles, I struggled in the past, but nothing is going to get me in that hole of darkness again. I'm making it one day at a time. If you see this let me know you are ok.

I've worked to help him out of dark times and dark places, and he has done the same for me. A little late, unfortunately, but vets, go ahead and sound off. I'm hanging in there day by day myself.

Getting ready for the Show-Me Shootout this weekend. Toggling between the KC Royals game (embarrassing) and the St. Louis Cardinals game (tied, promising).

Full of ham and beans and cornbread, with Scotch on the rocks on the coaster by my LazyBoy.

Retirement is cool!

On my way to shoot bison in Wyoming. An annual adventure with my youngest son.

Archived