SASS Wire Forum

Prettiest Female Voice (singing) of all time?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word was to get in the proper mood to sing the song In Your Room she insisted on recording it in a particular state. (difficult to get that out of your mind when listening to it)

She is a very good example of a voice that can be "pretty," yet technically have what some consider problems, as it tends to be breathy and has an immature quality, at least in the Bangles' heyday. I've always enjoyed listening to her with the Bangles, particularly their early stuff, before getting caught up in the contractual pop stuff. She was, and is, also easy on the eyes. A friend saw her a couple of years back and said she has matured into "the world's hottest soccer mom."

Also on the list would be Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Martina McBride……….so many more…………... :):wub:

Anne Murray if you want pure female vocal beauty.

The finest voice of a female singer belongs to Anne Wilson of HEART! I don't think there is a note she can't hit and do it with power in all of the accepted female range and then some!!

The woman with the most range was probably Julie Andrews before she became unable to sing. She could do all or part of six or seven octaves at one time. That is 40 plus white keys on the piano. That is also all of soprano, all of alto, all of tenor, and at least half of baritone!

Hey Rancocas and Four Eyed Buck, how's this???? If you ain't tappin' yer foot to this well…………..

I cannot pick just one, I barely can pick only three but they are:

Patsy Cline, Martina McBride and Adele.

CB

I stand with your dad, Backwater. I had an awful crush on her when I was a young squirt.

Yes, Rich, I listened to the recording at the top. One of the best female voices, I thought, was

a gal that got in trouble over some religious views and I believe it was Minute Made that cancelled

her contract. She faded from view rather quickly but had a great voice.

It is hard to limit any one thing to the best or greatest over all else. There are so many factors

that enter into the equatsion. Each of us judge from a different perspective.

All great choices except for Joplin no one I know ever called her voice pretty. I was unfortunate in college to see her in concert because my girl friend wanted to see her and I wanted ..... She was a mess so drunk she could barely stand and couldn't remember the words to the songs she was slurring. That was scarce money that was hard to earn for a poor college student

Sounds like you've got a pretty cool daughter Bugs!

I'm sure all fathers are proud of their daughters and I really do think mine is special. When she was born I was in the delivery room and they handed her to me, Awesome feeling. When I left the hospital and got in the car I turned it on and the radio came on playing the Tommy James version and it just seemed to fit. I don't hardly know her but I think I could love her, Crimson and Clover over and over. I told her about it once and years later she picked it as our dance. Today she works for Children's Miracle Network and has a little girl of her own. I'd say it worked out pretty well.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Lots of great ones here; but even though I despise her politics, I dearly loved Joan Baez when I was in College in the early 60s!

Some Days are Diamonds, some are Coal, and The Night They Drove Ole Dixie down!

Emmy Lou Harris is my second choice. Cheers, Hoss

Then of course there's Reba Mcentire. Another is Becky Hobbs. But one that blew my away, is Gretchen Wilson singing "When I Think About Cheatin'."

The first time I heard it, I was reading, with a Country Music video show on for background. Whet she started singing, I sat straight up and thought, "Oh my God!"

Patsy Cline!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-wJNpWgss8

Here is Suzy Bogguss singing my favorite song.

Sarah Brightman.

She was married to Andrew Lloyd Weber, and he wrote many musicals for her voice for Broadway. Her CDs usually have some classical, some pop, some new age and some folk songs.

All great choices except for Joplin no one I know ever called her voice pretty. I was unfortunate in college to see her in concert because my girl friend wanted to see her and I wanted ..... She was a mess so drunk she could barely stand and couldn't remember the words to the songs she was slurring. That was scarce money that was hard to earn for a poor college student

I missed that one! I have to agree, not what I would call a pretty voice by a long shot, nor technically good. Soulful, but that is a different quality entirely.

Archived