SASS Wire Forum

SNOW

Idaho Coyote'

Our shooting season here in Maryland is suppost to start next week with the Thurmont Rangers, the site of the 2015 Eastern Divisional but it doesn't look good. Cold temps and a foot or more of snow could be game breaker :angry:

Man I'm jonesing bad for a match

we here shoot in the snow and cold , im not a very good one to tout this as my raynaud's disease renders me almost unable to function when its cold , but there are members of the club that do , sometimes in subzero weather im told ,

I wouldn't worry to much about only a foot of snow, that's pretty minor. Its awesome shooting during the winter months. Our last monthly we had a small amount in the 18-20" range. Spring isn't to far off but for now enjoy.

I left ga just in time the beginning of this month. Weather was bad enough being wet and cool I got back to nm the sun was out about every day and I have had the front door of the Rv open all but one day from the time I got up to after dark most days.i live where I can see the snow on the mountian tops and if I want to play in it I drive an half hour up in the mountains and there she be. The only bad part is july and August being a little on the warm side.

You want to talk about snow? I live just North of Buffalo NY, we know all about snow!

You want to talk about snow? I live just North of Buffalo NY, we know all about snow!

I'm jealous!

Evil Dogooder, you do mean the more shooting the better. Not, the more snow the better. Right???

You should know me better than that buzzard. More snow and more shooting

Our shooting season here in Maryland is suppost to start next week with the Thurmont Rangers, the site of the 2015 Eastern Divisional but it doesn't look good. Cold temps and a foot or more of snow could be game breaker :angry:

Man I'm jonesing bad for a match

We'll be lucky if we can shoot Damascus on the 28th of March. Dang weather.

I don't know what you guys are talking about . There are a few clubs that shoot year round . I shot with the Eastern Shore Renegades a couple of weeks ago . You just got to put on your big boy pants and get out there .

I don't know what you guys are talking about . There are a few clubs that shoot year round . I shot with the Eastern Shore Renegades a couple of weeks ago . You just got to put on your big boy pants and get out there .

I guess we aren't manly men like you.

:)

And the Virgina City Marshals shoot the first Tuesday (night) of the month at the NRA.

Dutch

Our range is under about 4ft of snow, there ain't gonna be no shooting going on there for at least 3 months. Range condition permitting, we start second Saturday in May!

Frenchy ( Going back inside for 6 more weeks! )

I guess we aren't manly men like you.

And the Virgina City Marshals shoot the first Tuesday (night) of the month at the NRA.

Dutch

Shoot Dutch , your man enough for all three of us. Besides there was a couple of gals there too. Thing is around here so many clubs shut down its really about how far do you want to drive not how cold is it. As for the March shoot at Thurmont its been cancelled about as much as its been shot since I've been shooting.

Shoot Dutch , your man enough for all three of us. Besides there was a couple of gals there too. Thing is around here so many clubs shut down its really about how far do you want to drive not how cold is it. As for the March shoot at Thurmont its been cancelled about as much as its been shot since I've been shooting.

This is it for me. We had had a blast at the "Buffalo Hunt" on Jan. 11.

MTC

I don't worry about snow anymore it comes and melts and Then comes again. I live north of Rochester three south of lake Ontario. The lake is a pretty good snow machine and it keeps making snow. There is no way to get down to the range and hopefully the ground will dry out by the beginning of May. The only difference this year is this month we broke a cold temp record and now it's the 2nd coldest Feb. on record for us. I just look at it that once it's gone I will be exercising them shooting irons. :)

Nawlins

I don't worry about snow anymore it comes and melts and Then comes again. I live north of Rochester three south of lake Ontario. The lake is a pretty good snow machine and it keeps making snow. There is no way to get down to the range and hopefully the ground will dry out by the beginning of May. The only difference this year is this month we broke a cold temp record and now it's the 2nd coldest Feb. on record for us. I just look at it that once it's gone I will be exercising them shooting irons. :)

Nawlins

I feel your pain partner!

Often it's not just shooting in the snow that's the big deal. It's getting to and from the range alive! I burnt some powder this morning. But my range is only 50 yards from the house. ;)

Nawlins

I was raised as a child on a dairy farm 'bout 3 miles n of Clarkson on the Lake Rd, 2955. 'Though it's been 55 yrs., almost to the day, that we moved to AZ, my memories of those winters have never faded. The snow off of Ontario would paralyze the area, but I don't remember too many school "snow days" either. Ice storms would be much worse, and the "city family" would move in with us 'cause their oil/electric heating would not operate. We had a huge wood/coal fired furnace in the cellar. Anyway, when we were contemplating my retirement I had this wild hair to move back to the area...my spouse's better judgment prevailed. We have 1 granddaughter at Syracuse U. & another at St. Johns. They're both FREEZING! Glad we didn't go back!!! Hope yer staying warm! BTW, we met several yrs ago at WR at PC's motorhome.

DC

Ah screw it man, I like shooting my Glocks nowadays anyway. I don't know if we will get the March 8th match in at Westshore (weather wise), but hell there's always April.

I was raised as a child on a dairy farm 'bout 3 miles n of Clarkson on the Lake Rd, 2955. 'Though it's been 55 yrs., almost to the day, that we moved to AZ, my memories of those winters have never faded. The snow off of Ontario would paralyze the area, but I don't remember too many school "snow days" either. Ice storms would be much worse, and the "city family" would move in with us 'cause their oil/electric heating would not operate. We had a huge wood/coal fired furnace in the cellar. Anyway, when we were contemplating my retirement I had this wild hair to move back to the area...my spouse's better judgment prevailed. We have 1 granddaughter at Syracuse U. & another at St. Johns. They're both FREEZING! Glad we didn't go back!!! Hope yer staying warm! BTW, we met several yrs ago at WR at PC's motorhome.

DC

If you remember that it snowed, it followed us all the way down to WR. LPL took a picture of me holding a snowball next to a cactus.

Nawlins

God I love Florida!!!

shot two matches this weekend :D

shot Eustis on Saturday sunny in the mid 70's

today it was almost 80 in Gainsville

two great matches 12 fun stages with some of the Best Pards anywhere

Chicken Scratch

so much for global warming , glad so many are getting to shoot and sorry to hear so many live as i do thru the winter months

The "chicken little's" call it climate change. To me it means the climate changes from day to day. Take for example in an earlier post I stated that this month is the second coldest for us in history. Well guess what the climate change is working again the weatherman said last night that we are now tied for first place for the coldest Feb. in our area with five more days and counting.

Nawlins

AAAHH!

I want to be at Winter Range instead of shoveling this white S@#$#!

Frenchy :blink::blink::blink:

Archived