SASS Wire Forum

Ladies - high heel question

Alpo

Realistically, what is the tallest heel you can wear, without resorting to them godawful ugly platform high heels?

406-2%28MFW%29x.jpg

I was just reading a story, and the girl was being described, and it said, "...her six-inch heels..."

Geometrically, a right triangle - 3,4,5 - means if the leg from the heel to the ground is six inches, the leg from the shoe-heel to the ball of the foot is eight inches, and the hypotenuse - from the ball to the foot heel - is ten inches. That's a damn big foot.

Now, possibly that six-inches is the middle leg, so 1.5 times (4 x 1.5 = 6), which would make the distance from the ball to the heel of the foot 7 1/2 inches. Still big.

I just measured my foot. I wear a mens 11, which would be a womans 13, and the distance from the ball to the heel is seven inches.

Checking sizes versus length, a mans 11 (US) is for a foot approximately 11 1/4 inches long, and again resorting to the handy-dandy tape measure, that agrees with my foot. This means that the ball of the foot is approximately 2/3 of the distance from the heel to the toe.

A womans size 8 (picking that one because my daughter wears 8s) equals a foot approximately 9 7/8 inches, so the ball of the foot should be approximately six inches from the heel.

With a hypotenuse of six inches it seems that the highest the heel COULD BE (geometrically speaking) is 4.8 inches.

So says my inner math-geek. :P

But what is the reality? In a regular stiletto, how high can you go?

Louboutin-stiletto-shoe.jpg

You actually expected the ladies to respond? I spect they all run and hid. :D

sorry Alpo, but I dunt noz whut ta tell ya....except fer my boots (which taint that tall) I taint stoopid enuff ta wear heels.....those things destroy yer feet, knees, and back......all my dress shoes iz flats.....

Miss Lorrie quit the heels when she retired from the classroom.

I saw a gal once wearing high heels so high and steep that her toes were nearly straight down to the point that she looked like she had hooves... Don't have any idea how she could walk

My wife used to wear heels, I think 4" was as tall as she ever wore.

She is in the "extra large and cuddly" size range. When a guy was getting on her nerves for whatever reason, she would smile sweetly at him, put on her most reasonable voice, and say something along the lines of, "Look at my shoes. Now imagine one of those heels coming down on your instep with all my weight behind it." The guy usually turned and walked away quickly.

I heard a quote one time;

"It is amazing what some men design for women to wear..............

It's even more amazing that women actually wear it"

Being a short lady with size 4 feet, when I was younger I could wear 2 inch heels. Now that I'm much older, but still have size 4 feet, I don't wear heels any taller than 1 inch for fear of falling on my face. I still can't see how some ladies can wear high heels that are that tall.

I heard a quote one time;

"It is amazing what some men design for women to wear..............

It's even more amazing that women actually wear it"

Heels make a woman feel taller, that makes them feel better. Heels give a more shapely look to the calf, that gets a man's attention.

Archived