SASS Wire Forum

Lassiter the Magician

Chance Ramsay

I sent mine off to "another 'smith", and didn't get it back for eight months... it still didn't work right, so I sent it off to Lassiter and had it back in nine days working perfectly. :)

I could type a whole page of stuff about Lassiter and still not say enough.

But I'll say this: I would not hesitate to send him ANY of my guns for repairs, tweaking or tuning. He's a durngood gunsmith and a durngood man.

..........Widder

But I'll say this: I would not hesitate to send him ANY of my guns for repairs, tweaking or tuning. He's a durngood gunsmith and a durngood man.

..........Widder

+1

..........Widder

+1 more....good gunsmith.good shooter. good friend an all around good cowboy and one to ride the river with anytime

I posted that I had an interest in getting a 1886 in .45-70. Lassiter saw it and brought his to the Ohio State BP match to show me. He didn't bring it to sell it, just to show me his. That was a really nice thing to do. Good dude!

Rye ;)

My son and I went to EOT in 2003 and we were shooting the warm up match in Cajon earlier in the week.

Just before the match started, my son's rifle decided to stop ejecting. We found Tom chatting with Longhunter and I heard him say that when he was away at big matches he liked to concentrate on shooting and not work on guns. Despite this, when we told him our problem he grabbed the rifle and took off. He apparently found Evil Roy who sold him a replacement extractor, then jumped into his van to replace and fit the new extractor. He came out of his van just as the safety meeting was starting with the rifle repaired. He wouldn't accept any money for his work, he only would let me pay for the part.

Tom lives about 40 minutes away and several times over the years I've had guns break the night before we're due to leave for a major match. Each time when I've called Tom, he's had me come over and fixed it while I waited. I can't say enough good things about Tom.

I see Lassiter every year at EOT. Every morning he stops at the gate, where I'm stationed and we visit for a minute. Those are the things that keep me coming back to man the gate. He is a pard to ride the river with.

I got a call from Lassiter recently pertaining to my 87. I suspect I will have a pro-Lassiter post in the near future.

Fillmore

+1 more....good gunsmith.good shooter. good friend an all around good cowboy and one to ride the river with anytime

..........Widder

+3 Lassiter is the ONLY rifle man I need! Not only a great gun mechanic, but more, a great friend.

Well, to make it short he has done a few guns for me and Bootsie Hill, all are perfect!!! Also gave free lessons about GFer transitions and shooting over the phone, can't say enough.. ;)

Just a real nice guy period.

Spades H.

Tom has always had time to talk with me anytime I've seen him.

He always has a smile on his face and if I can ever afford to get an 87 I will send it to him.

That's what I noticed the first time I talked to him. More information than I could ever have expected.

Fillmore

All these testimonials make me feel REALLY good considering I'm sending a just-aquirred Chinese 87 to him via another shooter going to Bordertown. I'll post a review up as soon as I get it back. But, FJT (whom I trust implicitly) recommended Lassiter. I'm looking forward to a race-ready 87 in the near future.

....and I understand he sleeps in a three piece pajama and it's black....duh!!! All kidding aside Tom would give you the shirt off his back. He eats, sleeps and breathes SASS and Cowboy Action Shooting. He is the NUMBER ONE JEDI GUNFIGHTER and is tops on most any list I can think of.

KK

Archived