• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I'm a GM guy. ;)

My condolences. :D

Sorry, I'm a GM guy. ;)

My condolences. :D

:lol::lol: :lol:

Not to get into politics...but I will! This is what happens when the gubmint bails out an outfit that is going under! Management lets engineering and quality control go to hell in the name of economy and profits! That's not to say Ford Motor Company products can't have a problem. I just spent three grand to have a tranny put in my wife's 2005 Lincoln Town Car, with just over 63,000 miles on it. The dealers say they've never heard of that happening to a Town Car, but that is about the first expense we've had on the vehicle other than periodic maintenance, and my 2003 Expedition has 110,000 on it, with no major problems (other than people turning right in front of it when they didn't have the turn light at the intersection!!!). Over the years, I've spent less money on maintenance on Ford products than on GM cars.

You couldn't give me a fleet of GM vehicles!

I also prefer MaryAnn

So do I ;) Ginger would be a high maintenance gal and likely unhappy in the back woods.

I am fortunate to have wed a MaryAnn that can dress like Ginger when the need arises and and not break the bank doing so. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I grew up in a GM town (Fischer Body Div), neighbors worked there, my uncles were Olds mechanics and we had GM vehicles all out lives. In my view the demise of GM was a fault of both the Union and management. With the union they always had to get more at every contract session. It was never enough and they felt the need to get more to justify their existence. Management felt they needed to maintain a higher salary lever than the guys on the floor and prices kept spiraling upwards as quality went to hell. Part of the quality problem was managements inability to hold union labor to any standard. Between the two they killed the goose that laid the golden eggs. Then when they took the Government bale out I felt they betrayed their customers and stockholders. Today I drive a 2000 Ford Ranger and my wife has a 2012 Ford Escape. Loved my 57 chevy, my 63 Catalina 421, Pontiac 6000's (3 of them) and Olds Bravada but no more GM vehicles for me. I put loyalty very high on my list. I didn't get it from GM so I'm done with them.

I will never buy another new GM after what they did to me. My rack and pinion jumped a tooth and became hard to steer. Well there was a recall for that problem. Semms my car was made a month after their cut off date according to the recall. Like they didn't still have some rack and pinions on the shelf to get rid off. It cost me $1400 to fix the car when it should have been covered by the recall as far as I'm concerned.

Every manufacture has it's problem. I bought my 2000 Ford Explorer right before the Firestone tire fiasco........ended up getting fu....screwed on that deal.

I do believe that GM has committed fraud and outright lied to the public as far as the ignition problem and various other issues.

Out of all of the cars that I've owned, Ford has served up the best product, never owned any Jap cars though.

My gal is a Toyota fan.......gotta say, they seem to run forever. 200,000 miles. That's almost nine times around the Earth. May very well be that my next vehicle will be a Toyota.

Sorry Ford, GM and Dodge.

I'm not as impressed as I used to be with jap cars and the long miles they're known for.

I've got a 97 ferd pickup with 318,000 on the clock, on the original motor, with minimal blow-by.

If a 7200 pound farm truck can do it, then anything else ought to be able to.

Still driving a 98 Dodge pickup. Had to put tires on it at 110,000.

So Saul Cohen was buying a car. . .

That Sir is funny. And ,not just a car but a Caddy. Remember, it's being sold in the obituary.

I laughed! I've bought and owned just about everything but a GM over the years. Ford, Dodge, Jeep, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru. Nope, no GMs.

Me and my buddy J. Mark have agreed to disagree on this subject. Nobody can break a Ford faster than me (except for maybe J. Mark) so I don't use them. I never made better money than when I worked for Ford! I never had to worry about having something to do or being out of work. I knew the VP in charge of Ford warranty on a personal and first name basis.

Ford DID make a decent tractor at one time!! ;)

Ol' Green is still running at 365,000+ miles. It's a little cantankerous at times and demands to be driven frequently or it gets real balky, but 'bout everybody knows it'll be there when called on. Big Block Chevrolets forever!!

The blue oval name is a reverse acronym. It stands for :lol: Driver Returns On Foot :lol:

I'm just waiting for GM to claim that all these recalls are forcing them into bankruptcy and the government, that's you and me, are going to have to bail them out. Again. :angry:

93% of all Ford trucks are still on the road!

The other 7% made it home.

Well absolutely... Fords don't need to go home to relax because they are still out on the road working every day keeping the wheels of America turning.

GG

Well absolutely... Fords don't need to go home to relax because they are still out on the (side of) road working every day keeping the wheels of America turning.

GG

Yep! They're biggest reason for wreckers and roll-back trucks!! :o:lol:

Fords were a critical part of our homeland defense system for many years. There were unexploded Pintos and Mustang IIs everywhere. No one dared invade us!! <_<

Then later it was the tumbling Explorers!! :rolleyes:

Yep! They're biggest reason for wreckers and roll-back trucks!! :o:lol:

Fords were a critical part of our homeland defense system for many years. There were unexploded Pintos and Mustang IIs everywhere. No one dared invade us!!

Yup - Fords make great tow trucks too - somebody has to get those rusty oil drippin' Chevys back home for maintenance. :) But hey, hopefully there will be Obamacare for it's Government Motor trucks that'll include free towing :D

GG ~ :FlagAm:

We have an F150 4x4 that rides and drives better than anything I've owned except the 95 Buick Roadmaster with 12 way leather seats both sides, climate control, and grand touring suspension. It's not a Chevy, or Dodge because of the buyout. Our work truck is an International Terrastar instead of a Dodge 5500 for the same reason. It's not a GM because they dropped making trucks bigger than 3500. It's not a Ford F550 because of the cab design and Ford requiring a urea emission control system. The IH has a tilt forward front end and no urea tank.

You know, as I think about it, I'd take a Pinto or especially a Mustang II Cobra II any day over a Vega. Didn't those come from the factory pre-rusted?

I always heard that GM stood for Gotta Mechanic? and GMC stood for Gotta Mechanic Coming!

You know, as I think about it, I'd take a Pinto or especially a Mustang II Cobra II any day over a Vega. Didn't those come from the factory pre-rusted?

I always heard that GM stood for Gotta Mechanic? and GMC stood for Gotta Mechanic Coming!

I can handle the rust. Burning, not so much! <_<

Archived