SASS Wire Forum

If your SASS # is 99,000 and up... Wonderin' how old you folks are?

Rance - SASS # 54090

Just got ta wonderin..

Since we broke the 100,000 mark..

Are we gettin' younger shooters, middle aged shooters, or older shooters signin' up?

Ain't tryin' ta be nosey or ungentleman like here..

Would you folks from 99,000 and up post your age?

or at least around your age?

Was just wonderin'??

If ya don't want to... no big deal..

Just wonderin'??

Rance ;)

Just thinkin' that I was wonderin??? :wacko:

Geesh... that's scary :blink:

Edit: Do you folks see yerselves in it fer the long haul? :mellow: Still just wonderin'?? :)

99962 and I am 69 yo. New at this and I am still trying to get my gear and guns together. Being on a tight budget it is taking some time. But I am eager to get started. I will not be much competition 'cause I can't hit the broadside of a barn if I'm leanin' on it! But I like to shoot.

10274 - 46 years young.

Could've shot more actually.. Just postin' to show that though bein' a member for awhile I am still a youngin' in the world of SASS. :D

GG

Just got ta wonderin..

Are we gettin' younger shooters, middle aged shooters, or older shooters signin' up?

Was just wonderin'??

Just wonderin'??

Rance ;)

Edit: Do you folks see yerselves in it fer the long haul? :mellow: Still just wonderin'?? :)

Just got ta wonderin..

Was just wonderin'??

Just wonderin'??

Rance ;)

uh yeah? Did you read why I posted what I did Grizz?

;)

GG

37 years old, Badge # 99765, This will be my first cowboy action season, shot IDPA last year but this just looks like a lot more fun. My father has been shooting cowboy action for years so looking forward to shooting with him.

Pine City Kid

#99080 and gonna be 52 this year.Been shooting since I was 12. Competitively since my 20s and then in the Army. I see myself shooting Cowboy into my retirement and beyond. In fact thinkin' real hard on how I can retire into The Game. Make something, fix something, sell something. Anyways, " in for the long haul"? You Betcha!

So far we're not doing well in the "reading comprehension" area.

You noticed that, too, did ya?

...but it's the WIRE...what did you expect??

^_^

^_^

Whatever floats folks' boats.... Especially in the name of fun. It ain't exactly a 'what's the call thread' ;)

GG

My number is 99154 and the wife is 99155 both of us are in our early 40s. Our daughter is 99163 and has just turned 12

OK, I just thought I'd get a P on this one too. :)

Just turned 62 a little over a month ago.
I can't shoot anymore, my health is in the toilet. :(

I'm 28, the number is 100,028, which kind of fits methinks. Anyway, I always had a thing for cowboy guns so-to-speak. I shoot very often, started when I was around 9 or so, and I had been doing IDPA a lot. Decided to try CAS and went to 1 shoot last year, it definitely got me hooked. I'd definitely like to think I'll be in it for the haul. In fact, I'm in the process of my first woodworking project. A "presentation case" of sorts to tote the revolvers around to matches in. Depending on how it comes out, I will be building my gun cart next.

Pine City Kid

KId - Welcome to SASS and sport of Cowboy Action. I noticed your home is Pine City, NY! I grew up in Elmira on the Southside and used to ride my bicycle to Seely Creek to go trout fishing. It used to be a great trout stream until the State screwed it up for flood control.

The diner next to the bowling alley used to open at 3:00AM the opening day of deer season too. Fond memories!

So far we're not doing well in the "reading comprehension" area.

That's why they do so well on the WHAT'S THE CALL THREADS!

#99622...

And I'm 32. I've been wanting to do this for about 12-15 years, just gettin started.

Cool runnings indeed. Hope to ya meet ya real time sometime.

GG

Cool runnings indeed. Hope to ya meet ya real time sometime.

GG

Same here!

I'd have gotten started a long time ago, I've had the guns for about 7-8 years, but I've always been too busy.

I'm still busy, just saying to hell with it, I'm gonna shoot this weekend now haha.

We held a new shooter clinic a few weeks ago (between snow storms). I was surprised to see how many of the students had recently joined SASS and three of them joined through me at the clinic.

One cowboy was in his 60's and all of the others were in their late 20's and 30's. This is a real good sign for the future.

If your club is not holding clinics, designed to introduce the sport to those wanting to find out what it is all about, you are missing the boat.

^_^

That explains why we have so many needing to have the rule books interpreted for them.

Dang kid-Your still in 'short-pants' around here. :P

I turn 63 this month.........

LG

Happy Birthday Lump!

46 here, too. I was 45 prior to joining.

I was 45 once.... Same digits now only switched around.

Archived