SASS Wire Forum

SxS technique video

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

I have gotten quite a few pm's over the last couple of years asking about SxS technique. Let me start off my saying that I am by no means an expert nor am I trying to be one. I simply wanted to make a video that was easy to understand and that showed a loading technique up close and personal. There are a few really good double guys in this game and they all do it a little different. I should have stated it in the video but make sure the area is CLEAR OF ALL LIVE AMMO before doing any type of dryfire practice. It's not a highly technical video, I wanted to keep it basic and easy to understand, I find that more in depth instruction is best done one on one. hope you enjoy and hope it helps a couple people out. http://www.youtube.com/user/deucestevens?f...u/0/PnIleSyy1sw

Good video, Deuce. I do take the gun to my shoulder for loading, but the emphasis on focusing on the chambers is helpful. When I flub the shotgun part of the stage, it is almost always in the process of loading the shells into the barrels. I roll them in, but am probably guilty of taking my eyes from the task at hand to look at the targets too soon. And I never gave enough thought to shortening the "shucking" motion. I will practice the suggested technique--clear that I can shave off a little time there, especially on 4+ target stages. Thanks much.

Cassalong Hopidy

Thanks Deuce:

Was just thinking the other day that I need to refine my shotgun technique as I waste alotta seconds there.

Can't keep ahead of Crazy Mingo with my slow shotgun technique.

Ever shoot a hammer double?

Need a video like yours for a hammer gun too.

Thanks

--Dawg

Great! Picked up a couple of movements there that I had not thought of. I like the focus on the extractor idea very much.

Great video by a person who has authority to teach!! - I just realized why.....I am one slow, incorrect, shotgun handlin' turd :unsure:

I might just have a chance at self-improvement now ~ Thanks again Deuce. Will give it a try :lol:

GG ~ :wub:

Deuce is epitomizing what I LOVE about this game. A world class CAS shooter is showing the world how he practices and what it takes to beat him.

All the champion shooters that I have known are the same...always willing to help anybody that asks for it.

Thanks Deuce.

Heee Haaa Doot's Thanks alot ..good video..Now Dawg will be getting closer.. ;) Did ya make a video on HITTING the Knock-downs.. :blush:

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Hey, I had no idea you were so young! ;)

And one of the triggers must have fell off of your shotgun! :FlagAm:

Seriously though, you are way out of my league. Nice video.

Deuce, don't show this kind of stuff to Gateway. Dang!

He's probably practicing right now.

LL'

What did I miss??

Did somebody say something?

I have this cool video on the flatscreen and was practicing :FlagAm: !!

Regards

;)

Gateway Kid

Hey Deuce.. very nice video..

Us old codgers can always learn.. :wacko: thanks

Kinda wish the newbies couldn't take advantage of it cuz... Heck they'll learn the right way

and fly right by me :blush:

I was feeling good watching your video.. thinking to myself..

well that's faster than me for sure ... but not by a whole lot... might be able to practice and get there.....

Then ya went and put in the following words.... "I'M GOING ABOUT 50% SPEED RIGHT NOW TO SHOW YOU HOW"

GEEZ!!! Oh well... maybe I can get as good as the speed of the video you presented... :wacko:

Rance :FlagAm:

Thinkin' ya need ta slow down a little..

could be hard on your elbows ;)

Thanks for your help.. nice video....

Good info, been working on a new technique for shucking my shells like the one you showed, still a work in progress.

I would like to see you do one on tech. for shooting a 97 fast. I seem to have trouble throwing one out ever so often.

think it's me since i do it with all my 73's. Would particularly like to see your trigger finger position in relation to how you lever.

Looking forward to your next lesson.

Royal Flush

Guest diablo slim shootist

Very informative Video Duece -I think we got a spot for you on "COWBOYS"

if they renew it-Duece"s Slick Tips' how s that sound.Anyway its good to know

i have been doing it right (just a little slower)HAHA ;)

i have been doing right (just a little slower)HAHA ;)

i have been doing right (just a little slower)HAHA ;)

Nice video Deuce! Thanks for posting.

Definitely shows a great deal of class when a champion tells all us poor mugs how it's done so we can improve instead of constantly being left in the dust.

Practice up Deuce.

Rumor has it some ole man is looking for some young blood to whoop up on at the speed SG and Speed Rifle events at the Smoky Mtn Shootout in April. ;):FlagAm::wacko:

You might have to call the Legendary Fireball and get some extra pointers.

..........Widder

Guest sawyer#34250

Thanks for you time and effort in putting together the informative video. Great of you to share your knowledge and skills. I think the information might help me to break the 300 seconds per stage barrier!!

Good job Duece. Hope you, the Misses, and that new youngun are doing well. See you at WR???

bb

Deuce,

Well done and as speedy as one can get!

Nice Shotgun!!!

Ol' #4

Guest Yahoo Delirious

Deuce,

Thanks for that video. Once I tried the shucking technique I felt kind of silly for waisting so much motion dumping shells my old way. Can't wait to try it in a match!

Please consider putting something up on a Hammer Double Technique as well!

Yahoo Delirious

Archived