SASS Wire Forum

Do you care?

Alpo

I got a survey from my grocery store yesterday. It was mostly about diversity. They wanted to know what I thought about the diversity of the employees at the store. They got some white ones and they got some black ones. I don't remember seeing any orientals. They had a couple with strange colored hair, and I think they got three of them that have chunks of metal stuck in their face.

Is that diverse?

Then they asked me how important it was to me if the product I bought was from a

Woman owned business

Minority owned business

Asian owned business

Pacific islander owned business

Veteran owned business

Handicapped owned business

Lgbcxw queer owned business

Every one of them I said it was absolutely of no interest to me who owned it. If what they are selling works well, or tastes good, and is fairly inexpensive, I will buy it. If this item costs a dollar and that item cost $1.25 but a woman owns the business or a black guy owns the business or a veteran owns the business, I'm going to buy the dollar item.

I noticed a couple of things on that list of diversity. They specified Asian and they specified Pacific islander and they specified Native American. But they didn't specify black. I guess black is now simply minority.

And they didn't specify religion at all. No Christian owned business, no Jewish owned business, no muslim owned business.

There's a garage about a mile and a half from me. And painted on the side of the building in large letters it says it is a veteran owned business. I have never been there. I have no intention of going there. I figure if he was a good mechanic, the word would get around that he was a good mechanic and he would not have to rely on waving the bloody shirt.

So, do you care who owns the business that makes the product that you're going to buy? The fact that the business is owned by a homosexual black woman who had her leg blown off when she was in the army - will that make you want to buy from her?

I don't care a fart in a whirlwind about any of that,  until it gets shoved in my face.  Then I won't buy that product or shop at that store.   

On surveys like that I look for whichever choice comes closest to "Don't care a fart in a whirlwind."  Usually at the end of those social consciousness surveys there is a place to put actual comments.   In which case I give my opening comment,  point out that they need a "Don't care a damn" option,  and why don't they care enough about the Celti-Slavs to mention them?  Why aren’t they trying to support the Italio-Balkan merchants?  And how dare they ignore the Antipodeans?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I got a survey from my grocery store yesterday. It was mostly about diversity. They wanted to know what I thought about the diversity of the employees at the store. They got some white ones and they got some black ones. I don't remember seeing any orientals. They had a couple with strange colored hair, and I think they got three of them that have chunks of metal stuck in their face.

Is that diverse?

Then they asked me how important it was to me if the product I bought was from a

Woman owned business

Minority owned business

Asian owned business

Veteran owned business

Every one of them I said it was absolutely of no interest to me who owned it. If what they are selling works well, or tastes good, and is fairly inexpensive, I will buy it. If this item costs a dollar and that item cost $1.25 but a woman owns the business or a black guy owns the business or a veteran owns the business, I'm going to buy the dollar item.

I noticed a couple of things on that list of diversity. They specified Asian and they specified Pacific islander and they specified Native American. But they didn't specify black. I guess black is now simply minority.

And they didn't specify religion at all. No Christian owned business, no Jewish owned business, no muslim owned business.

There's a garage about a mile and a half from me. And painted on the side of the building in large letters it says it is a veteran owned business. I have never been there. I have no intention of going there. I figure if he was a good mechanic, the word would get around that he was a good mechanic and he would not have to rely on waving the bloody shirt.

So, do you care who owns the business that makes the product that you're going to buy? The fact that the business is owned by a homosexual black woman who had her leg blown off when she was in the army - will that make you want to buy from her?

Weird! Surveys that I’ve taken ask about cleanliness of the store, prices, was staff friendly etc. never anything about diversity! 

• Like 1

Woman owned business  

Minority owned business

Asian owned business

Veteran owned business

If I see this i wont buy from them period  the ONLY exception would be a  a Veteran owned business , But I can only use so many tshirts and coffee  . I buy a product for what it not who you sleep with .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Weird! Surveys that I’ve taken ask about cleanliness of the store, prices, was staff friendly etc. never anything about diversity! 

I think it has something to do with this being June. "pride month", and "Juneteenth".

• Like 1

I don't care one iota about diversity and think it's ridiculous to hire an employee based on race or sexual orientation rather than knowledge of the work involved and ability to perform the work. I've known too many people that got passed up for advancement of position and/or raises because of racial/diversity corporate quotas.

If a grocery store handed me a survey concerning diversity at the store, that would be the last time I shopped at that store or stores if they owned more than one. I would damn sure let them know why also...in no uncertain terms.

This wasn't Publix was it?

• Like 1

The fact that they are concerned with anything but product quality and customer service would make me shop elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got a survey like that from a store in California. I threw it in the trash. A couple of weeks later I got an email asking if I had received the survey and sent it back or did I still have and they asked if I would complete it and send it in. They said I was selected as I was a special customer. :huh:

I responded that I threw it in the trash and that if they persisted in this bull sh** that I would no longer shop there. 
Never heard or saw another word about it. 

• Like 2

So far for filling out the surveys they have given me $110.

I believe I shall continue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Alpo said:

So far for filling out the surveys they have given me $110.

I believe I shall continue.

I've received some gift cards from stores for taking surveys.   A couple of times I got to choose what  kind of $50 gift card....always picked Amazon. 

Last Thursday I participated in a 4 hour focus group. Got $250 cash for it.  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Last Thursday I participated in a 4 hour focus group. Got $250 cash for it.  

Didja make a difference?

51 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Didja make a difference?

I got some people to alter their position a little.   Pointed out some things in the video we watched things that others missed. 

Posted (edited)

NO , i dont care who is employed as long as they do a good job , i prefer they dont cause disruptions but that can be dealt with by HR [whats up with this ? we got so many feelings now we need someone to protect those tender things ? really?] used to be you did your job , used to be if there was an issue the security could deal with it , used to be you knew what was expected and just did it or got fired , used to be you knew when you walked in you were expected to work and did your job to keep your job , im not sure where we went wrong short of letting liberalsa run the country and school system , but now we pay for that stupidity , 

we dont really have to like it nor accept it but seems we will , there are few of us today that will say it out loud and rock the boat - im willing to overturn it at this point , the BS has to stop , 

the employees nee to be curious and helpful , i dont care what race or religion they might be or even what sex [assuming they have one] i expect the products easy to find and reach as well as good quality , 

otherwise stick your survey where the sun dont shine and ill not be back , 

Edited by watab kid

Quality products, price, availability/delivery. These matter.

The rest are irrelevant unless they get shoved in my face.

For instance there are some things I purchase at Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck). Biggest turnoff is the no-firearms policy but they have a few items I can't really get as easily anywhere else. So I go there for those few items and nothing else.

They also have employees who clearly fit into various "progressive" categories. Still don't care, but if an associate came up and asked me "How can I help you? And by the way I'm <whatever>."... Yes, that's a customer service problem. They were not hired to sell  a social agenda to customers, even if the company hired them in support of one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be wary of business that claim to be "Veteran Owned". I ran across a roofing company that claimed to be veteran owned. 1 minority partner was a veteran. None of the other employees were veterans and their roofing crews were all Hispanic day laborers. :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/3/2024 at 7:58 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

Be wary of business that claim to be "Veteran Owned". I ran across a roofing company that claimed to be veteran owned. 1 minority partner was a veteran. None of the other employees were veterans and their roofing crews were all Hispanic day laborers. :angry:

Being a vet twice I hired a Veteran owned landscaping company that bragged that they only hired vets.  Okay,

Three guys showed up.  One never came back from lunch and the other two didn't come back the next day.  They left all their tools there.  I called the office the next day and the guy told me he wanted the tools back and I'd have to bring them by his office.

He gaot a full  load of my PO'ed Gunny comments and lingo that may have melted his phone wires.

I put the tools on the curb and they vanished that afternoon.  Never saw or heard from him again.

I don't get suckered very often, but Pobody's Nerfect.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I value quality and service above nearly everything else!  I was raised to give those things and I EXPECT them when I pay my hard earned money!

I don’t want to hear your politics or preferences unless I ask for them and I won’t give you mine unless you ask or if you insist on me knowing yours!  When you step across that threshold, you can bet your last centavo that you’ll get my thoughts, IN SPADES!!

I don’t do surveys!! If I like what you do or what you sell, I’ll be sure to tell you AND everyone else to boot.

If you don’t make the grade, I will usually ask you why.  If I think you can do better, I may give you a chance to prove it. If you make me unhappy, you’ll hear about that too and if I feel like it’s important for others to know it, I’ll give them my honest opinion.

If you infringe on my rights, any of my rights, I will make sure that you and everyone else knows it and you won’t get a second chance.  In many cases where you have made it clear that you intend to violate my rights, you won’t get the first chance!!

I’ve walked out on any number of occasions when someone decides that their politics or preferences are more important than mine and I have made a few scenes and left quite a few people red faced and better educated as to how they aren’t all that important!!

Ya’ just never know what might trip my trigger!!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2024 at 8:48 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

As long as it’s not a Mafia owned business…

Hey they might be relatives of mine! :P

On 6/2/2024 at 5:48 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

As long as it’s not a Mafia owned business…

Hey Gumba, what you got against da Mafia, huh?  I sent yer name to Uncle Nello.  You'll be getting a "Christmas card" from him in a few months.  ;)

• Haha 1