SASS Wire Forum

I really liked Alan Ritchson as Jack Reacher. It turns out he's just another leftist wacko. I can't see myself watching him after reading the things he says and thinks.

The National Fraternal Order of Police has some tough words for actor Alan Ritchson after the Reacher star insulted cops across the country by claiming they “get away with murder all the time.” 

He also says this: “Trump is a rapist and a con man, and yet the entire Christian church seems to be treat him like he’s their poster child, and it’s unreal,” he said. “I don’t understand it.”

Full article here:

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2024/04/17/police-union-slams-reacher-star-alan-ritchson-for-smearing-cops-a-job-he-doesnt-have-the-courage-to-do/

Funny how everyone of that persuasion knows that "Trump is a rapist" yet there has never been a conviction, or even a credible accusation.  And, of course he is a conman of sorts....all businessmen are.

So are all politicians.  

Since I haven't watched it, other than clips on YouTube, it wouldn't mean anything for me to boycott the show.  But people do need to write to whatever service it's on to let them know, also the producers and any sponsors.

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 5

this disapoints me - however i want to see the fact checkers confirm it happened , im so disapointed in actors these days i might never watch another show or movie as long as i live with these attitudes , BUT , im also completely disillusioned with the current media typos - they express opinions, there is almosa6t no media that i accept as truth without looking deeper ---we should get better from those that get paid to provide our news ,  and repeat lies with no fact checking at all ,  but what do we expect from those educated in our commie colleges these days with all the crap they are being fed ,?  

46 minutes ago, watab kid said:

this disapoints me - however i want to see the fact checkers confirm it happened , im so disapointed in actors these days i might never watch another show or movie as long as i live with these attitudes , BUT , im also completely disillusioned with the current media typos - they express opinions, there is almosa6t no media that i accept as truth without looking deeper ---we should get better from those that get paid to provide our news ,  and repeat lies with no fact checking at all ,  but what do we expect from those educated in our commie colleges these days with all the crap they are being fed ,?  

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/alan-ritchson-interview-reacher-faith-stardom-mental-health-1235864260/

https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a60454434/alan-ritchson-donald-trump/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2024/04/15/reacher-star-alan-ritchson-faces-backlash-after-trump-comments/?sh=51aefd3e50c3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

yup , youall have access to a lot more on line data than i do as i spend so little time there ,  im disappointed to  see this i really liked him in the series , i guess it goes to show where these folks think - when you pretend for a living ...you really never think real in life , sad 

• Like 2

Thank you Pards for posting this. 
He’s just another Useful Idiot. Screw him. 

A quote from the Hollywood Reporter that Dave linked: “Trump is a rapist and a con man, and yet the entire Christian church seems to be treat him like he’s their poster child and it’s unreal. I don’t understand it.”

• Like 1

These actors and all entertainers need to shut up and do their thing. We don’t need to hear their politics!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is a concise write up of AR’s opinions on Cops, Trump and Christians. 
It’s not a site you have to give your email or agree to anything. 

https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/alan-ritchsons-tough-guy-trump-church/

I would just like to add that one night my wife and I were watching Reacher and I commented “I wonder if this guy is just a facade and in real life he’s a leftist?”

My wife said “It’s just a show.”

Me: “And Mao’s little red book is just a book.”

(Cue roll eyes)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The show was OK but the books are excellent. Stick with reading... no aggravation,  no stress over actor's BS. A much better deal.

Amazing that the actor to replace Tom Cruise's Reacher is as nutty as TC is.

B)

Edited by Dantankerous
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ritchson didn’t mince words when discussing the Catholic Church, either. "It's worth saying that the atrocities that are happening in the church that are being actively covered up, even to this day with people not being held accountable, is repulsive," he said. "I can't for one second support the Catholic Church while there are still cardinals, bishops and priests being passed around with known pedophilic tendencies."

WOW!  Now I want to hear what he has to say about the "pedophilic tendencies" that are so deeply embedded in the school industry.  And so much worse than abuse by clergy of any sect.   About 15 years ago I did some digging and found that across the boards abuse by clergy is at around 2%, compared to about 1% to 1.5% in the overall population.  School industry is about 5%.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

He's been around for a while trying to become a star one way or another. Always been a punk. Still a punk, but now he has transformed himself into a punk with muscles.

• Like 2

As has been pointed out it's difficult to find any show or movie that doesn't have people involved on some level with these kinds of beliefs.  I ignore some of it so I can watch some things. But occasionally someone like this comes out with these statements, voluntarily, the lead actor, and I can't ignore it. Liked him but done with his shows.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I'll watch the show. It is well made. If I didn't watch a movie or TV show because of leftists, I'd never watch anything. I'm not taking the guy out to dinner, just watching a show.

I have a mental list of actors that is they are starring in a movie, I won't go to see it in a theater as a portion of that money goes to the commie actor. The list is long, so I don't go see a whole lot of 1st run movies. I will watch a movie starring some of these actors if it's on one of the streaming services as they don't make any money directly from me.

I looked up who Ritchson is and at least he is (sort of) American. It really pisses me off when a foreign actor starts degrading Americans or our rights while living the good life here in the US. If they want to live here fine but stfu about our laws and Constitutional rights or go back to your own damn country.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I have a mental list of actors that is they are starring in a movie, I won't go to see it in a theater as a portion of that money goes to the commie actor. The list is long, so I don't go see a whole lot of 1st run movies. I will watch a movie starring some of these actors if it's on one of the streaming services as they don't make any money directly from me.

I looked up who Ritchson is and at least he is (sort of) American. It really pisses me off when a foreign actor starts degrading Americans or our rights while living the good life here in the US. If they want to live here fine but stfu about our laws and Constitutional rights or go back to your own damn country.

You watch the movie or show, you support the actor. Supporting the actor then gives them the agenda needed to push their beliefs onto you.  In private, I ignore and walk away from these kind. In the entertainment area, I just don't watch and support them and increase their ratings. To each his own and how far one goes in maintaining their rights and liberties.  

Edited by Marshal Dan Troop 70448
  • Like 4

Actors are like sports stars, I never even once in my life NEEDED either of them, there just there for entertainment 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I'll watch the show. It is well made. If I didn't watch a movie or TV show because of leftists, I'd never watch anything. I'm not taking the guy out to dinner, just watching a show.

That's generally what I do too. But occasionally someone goes out of their way, unprovoked, to get their big opinion out there that they know about 50% of people disagree with.. Others you have to dig into to find their opinions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

That's generally what I do too. But occasionally someone goes out of their way, unprovoked, to get their big opinion out there that they should know about 50% of people disagree with..

Fixed it for ya. However you also should know that the reason these people want to get their big opinion out there is because we need to know that they know better than the rest of us do.

1 hour ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

He thinks they should think his way but there would be no need for him to say anything if he thought everyone does think his way.

Sure there is. He thinks that it will increase his popularity if people know he thinks that way too.

26 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Sure there is. He thinks that it will increase his popularity if people know he thinks that way too.

Then he would be acknowledging that not everyone thinks that way. As opposed to saying his type thinks everyone thinks the way he does as you said.

Just now, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Then he would be acknowledging that not everyone thinks that way. As opposed to saying his type thinks everyone thinks the way he does as you said.

Not so much. He just wants everybody to know that he thinks that way.

Celebrities think because people adore their performances onscreen or on field, they’ll also adore their politics and need to share them. 

I wish there were more like Larry the Cable Guy who said to an interviewer, “I just told a fart joke. Who cares what I think?”  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Celebrities think because people adore their performances onscreen or on field, they’ll also adore their politics and need to share them. 

I wish there were more like Larry the Cable Guy who said to an interviewer, “I just told a fart joke. Who cares what I think?”  

yup , but they are wrong , in some cases we just shut them off like i have hanoi jane - i wont watch nor ;listen let alone buy anything she promotes , im not sure why she wasnt left there in VN , but then im not sure why she has survived in hollywood either , they are so smug , some of us turn our backs on them , forever 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The books were great, the movies not so much. I was turned off immediately with Tom Cruise cast as Reacher so never watched any after the first one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

The books were great, the movies not so much. I was turned off immediately with Tom Cruise cast as Reacher so never watched any after the first one.

This is about the series. Reacher played by a guy named Alan Ritchson.

Edited by Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770

On 4/18/2024 at 1:12 AM, Subdeacon Joe said:

And, of course he is a conman of sorts....all businessmen are.

That’s a load of horse shit.

• Like 1