SASS Wire Forum

Has anyone ever used squeeze sweet relish?

Alpo

I was reading today's comic, and I thought he had a bottle of that rooster hot sauce next to his leg, so I embiggened the picture and realized it was just a bottle of ketchup. He also has a bottle of mustard, a package of hot dogs, a package of buns, and a green bottle, which I presume is squeeze sweet relish.

I've seen them in the stores, but I've always used the glass bottle and you take it out with a spoon.

Just wondering if anyone has experience, and how you like it. Better or worse than using the spoon?

autotwb3977.png

• Like 3

Looking at the picture again, I believe I was wrong about the sweet relish. I think it's a can of mountain dew with a straw in it.

But that still doesn't change my question about squeeze bottles of relish. :P

I often use the squeeze bottle relishes.  There’s no real difference in the taste or texture between them and what you get from a jar.

I also strain either of them when I make salads.  I find both to have too much liquid to use for tuna or chicken salads.

• Like 6

The squeeze bottle is a royal PITA. Seems you either get liquid or too much...or it won't come out. I much prefer the jars and a spoon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've used it at cookouts when people have brought the combined package,  one bottle each of yellow mustard, catsup, and relish.   

I think it's slightly wetter that the stuff in the jar, so I don't use it at home .

It's interesting that people are saying that the jarred relish is too wet.  I guess my wife and I like our tuna salad and such looser than most people, or maybe use less mustard and mayonnaise than others do. 

ADDED:

Maybe the dry mustard we add absorbs some of the moisture. 

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
change font and size

Go White Board! Yup, gotta be Mountain Dew.

• Like 1

If there’s too much liquid in the relish use a fork. I haven’t used a spoon since forever. My mother taught me to use a fork for relish when I was just a little Bairn. :D

UP THE BRUCE!

CJ

• Like 3

Jar Relish for sure...that squeeze stuff just ain't right. And my Mama taught me to use a fork

Has anyone ever used squeeze sweet relish?
Not by choice. I do not relish relish of any kind. 

• Haha 1

The Heinz relish in the squeeze bottle and in the jar are the same recipe.

Having used both in two separate batches of the same recipe on the same day, I can vouch for them being the same.

I prefer dill relish on my dogs, but I mix sweet and dill for my tuna and chicken salads.  I often add a little chopped pickled pimento to the tuna!

ive used it - not against it , i see it along with the squeeze mustard and catsup at the food venders for our ATA trap shoots all the time - easy and cleaner , less waste , 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alpo said:

I was reading today's comic, and I thought he had a bottle of that rooster hot sauce next to his leg, so I embiggened the picture and realized it was just a bottle of ketchup. He also has a bottle of mustard, a package of hot dogs, a package of buns, and a green bottle, which I presume is squeeze sweet relish.

I've seen them in the stores, but I've always used the glass bottle and you take it out with a spoon.

Just wondering if anyone has experience, and how you like it. Better or worse than using the spoon?

autotwb3977.png

We used the plastic bottles of ketchup and the squeeze bottle of relish in our RV when camping. Tried to stay away from glass bottles. Couldn't tell any difference in taste. 

TM