SASS Wire Forum

SASS 30 year pin

47 minutes ago, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

I received a 30 year pin from SASS that was very nice of them I can't believe I have been doing this that long! Time fly's when you're having fun!!! Von DutchDSC00733.thumb.JPG.f9b0ab37dcd7cc4ae7acc437b7aa2ee3.JPG

Yo Von Dutch  congratulation pilgrim. Got mine a few years ago up to 36 yrs. Now heading for 37 in 2025.

God Bless & take care. Maybe see yah down the road somewhere in time pilgrim.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Yo Von Dutch  congratulation pilgrim. Got mine a few years ago up to 36 yrs. Now heading for 37 in 2025.

God Bless & take care. Maybe see yah down the road somewhere in time pilgrim.

Jackrabbit Joe #414

Well Jackrabbit thanks for the Congrats. and Congrats. to you for 36 years at this! bet the time went by as fast for you as it did for me! God Bless you too and you take care . Hope to see down the trail sometime too. V.D.

3 Years til my 40th anniversary...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Congratulations!

Hey Randy, how are doing my friend. Been awhile since last, I shared a couple words with yah. I haven't been travelling any wear due to my COPD and the elevation kicks my butt. So, mostly shooting locals. Did shoot this EOT and mind over matter crept up on me with couple boo-boos. Did manage to at least get 5th place on El Rey category. wife Sly Puppy did ok also for 3rd place Cattle Baroness.

Well, any way you take care & God bless. Maybe see yah down the road somewhere in time pilgrim.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Griff said:

Well Griff, just hang in their pilgrim. Like the saying goes, where there is a will, there is a way. God bless & take care pilgrim.

26 minutes ago, River Jordan, SASS 18742 said:

Congrats!  do they send them out at 30 automatically?

Just contact Misty or Ruby at SASS and they will get you going. They are great folks to deal with in my book. 

My wife Sly Puppy got her 10 year pin. She is now at 15years.

Edited by Jackrabbit Joe #414

6 minutes ago, Fargo Bill, SASS #4942 said:

I believe they send them in 5 yr. intervals.  

Fargo Bill, I don't know. Have to call them if you want to find out pilgrim.

41 minutes ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Hey Randy, how are doing my friend. Been awhile since last, I shared a couple words with yah. I haven't been travelling any wear due to my COPD and the elevation kicks my butt. So, mostly shooting locals. Did shoot this EOT and mind over matter crept up on me with couple boo-boos. Did manage to at least get 5th place on El Rey category. wife Sly Puppy did ok also for 3rd place Cattle Baroness.

Well, any way you take care & God bless. Maybe see yah down the road somewhere in time pilgrim.

Congratulations to both of you. I couldn’t make it this year, my traveling partner is on the injured reserve list so we had to cancel.. Hope to make it back next year. Hope to see you then.

Randy

I think on another post about the pins, they said you have to buy them? I've never got one. Jan. was my 15 year anniversary, 

6 minutes ago, Red Rider Rudy said:

I think on another post about the pins, they said you have to buy them? I've never got one. Jan. was my 15 year anniversary, 

They are $5. I bought my 5 year pin last year at Land Run at the SASS tent.

TM

They gave me a 5yr., but haven't gotten one since!

I bought my 5 year pin this year, can't believe5 years has gone by so fast, and I'm still havin' fun!

• Like 1

This is from the original announcement from the January 1st 2019 "SASS Member Bulletin":

SASS is proud to announce that beginning with the January 2019 renewal mailings- we will be sending membership landmark pins to our annual members who have reached 5 year increment landmarks. These pins will be included in your renewal notices for 2019.

a fun idea , i dont mind buying mine , im a lifer so i dont get renewal notices , im in for supporting the sport for the long run , 

Same with me.Been doing it for 26-27 years.Never got one either.

Largo

Joined in 1997, never got a pin and while they're nice I'd probably never wear it. I'm lucky if I wear a badge. 

• Like 1

I guess they forgot to send these out like they said. The wife and I should have 20 year pins. Maybe I'll buy them, they're only $5.

On 3/5/2024 at 8:22 PM, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Just contact Misty or Ruby at SASS and they will get you going. They are great folks to deal with in my book. 

My wife Sly Puppy got her 10 year pin. She is now at 15years.

They should send them out automatically as earned. especially for Life members. I have been a Life member for over 15 years and have never heard of them.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

They should send them out automatically as earned. especially for Life members. I have been a Life member for over 15 years and have never heard of them.

Yep, I agree they should keep tabs going on it. I guess they get busy!

On 3/5/2024 at 2:55 PM, Von Dutch, SASS # 7995 said:

I received a 30 year pin from SASS that was very nice of them I can't believe I have been doing this that long! Time fly's when you're having fun!!! Von DutchDSC00733.thumb.JPG.f9b0ab37dcd7cc4ae7acc437b7aa2ee3.JPG

Congratulations, Pard. 

Congratulations, Pard.

Congrats on your 30 yr pin Bob. Hope to see yah down the road somewhere in time my friend.

JRJ

8 hours ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Yep, I agree they should keep tabs going on it. I guess they get busy!

They sure keep tabs on sending out your bill for membership dues !!

• Haha 1

Congratulations 

On 3/5/2024 at 8:40 PM, Griff said:

Well Griff looks like that would take a special run as they only list up to 30 year pin. :P

• Haha 1