SASS Wire Forum

America’s most dangerous actor is back in the news

So she, the armorer, removed live rounds from the gun after Baldwin handed her the gun then she, the armorer, reloaded it with blanks. Apparently she missed a live round. 

There is no explanation as to why it had live rounds in it when dipstick had the gun. 

Edited by Pat Riot

So that evil gun misfired huh? Yea right! He cocked it and pulled the trigger. The armorer was at fault as well as Baldwin!

All irrelevant Armorer allowed live rounds on the set.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

So she, the armorer, removed live rounds from the gun after Baldwin handed her the gun then she, the armorer, reloaded it with blanks. Apparently she missed a live round. 

There is no explanation as to why it had live rounds in it when dipstick had the gun. 

The story just continues to get worse. A couple of gun safety courses could have gone a long way. 

• Like 2

Lots of blame to go around here, especially the broken chain of custody of the firearms cart by Baldwin’s edict for Covid restrictions. It’s my understanding that the armorer wasn’t allowed to accompany the cart at all times. 

As with all accidents like this, the catastrophic event was a result of a lengthy chain of circumstances. Break any link in the chain and the event doesn’t happen. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I thought that she wasn't even there when it happened.

11 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

That’s my understanding. Did something change that says she was present?

4 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

The article in the OP's post says that she was seen in the video.

Okay. I just watched the video, and while it shows her on set during a take, it's NOT for the scene in question. NOTHING i've seen or heard says that she was.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Okay. I just watched the video, and while it shows her on set during a take, it's NOT for the scene in question. NOTHING i've seen or heard says that she was.

I’m guessing anyone who can be assigned blame in this is purposefully trying to muddy the waters as much as possible 

• Like 3

My gal watches Court TV and just called me into the room to watch a portion of the trial. The defense called an "firearms expert" to show how to check a gun for being loaded. The so-called "expert" then promptly pointed the gun at the judge and started to check to see if it was loaded. The bailiff, who was standing right there immediately pushed to muzzle of the gun so that it pointed at the ground. The "expert" then demonstrated how to check a single action Colt type clone to see if it was loaded.

If this is the kind of "expert" that the defense calls to the stand, I can only imagine the lack of gun safety on the set. Simply horrible gun handling.

Go to approx. 3:00 to see Mr. "Expert".

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

My gal watches Court TV and just called me into the room to watch a portion of the trial. The defense called an "firearms expert" to show how to check a gun for being loaded. The so-called "expert" then promptly pointed the gun at the judge and started to check to see if it was loaded. The bailiff, who was standing right there immediately pushed to muzzle of the gun so that it pointed at the ground. The "expert" then demonstrated how to check a single action Colt type clone to see if it was loaded.

If this is the kind of "expert" that the defense calls to the stand, I can only imagine the lack of gun safety on the set. Simply horrible gun handling.

Go to approx. 3:00 to see Mr. "Expert".

If he’s working for the defense you can bet he’s probably not NRA trained with how much Baldwin hates the NRA . Kinda sad/ironic how the know it all is the one who shot someone 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That man gives idiots a bad name.  Likely he's an "expert advisor" to every anti-gun moron out there.

BTW, what happened tte sound for about 50% right out of the middle of the video?

Good question on the sound. The audio was present when I saw it on tv and no one in the courtroom was happy about Mr. "Expert's" gun handling.

20 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

If he’s working for the defense you can bet he’s probably not NRA trained with how much Baldwin hates the NRA . Kinda sad/ironic how the know it all is the one who shot someone 

I'm NRA trained and an NRA Instructor. If he is NRA trained, his certifications should be revoked.

In addition to the error muzzling the judge, he did not personally verify the firearm was unloaded, he showed the bailiff it was unloaded. He should have verified it was unloaded before showing the same to someone else.

The bailiff likely was NRA trained.

• Like 3

The verdict is in for the Reed trial

Count 1 - Involuntary Manslaughter - Guilty

Count 2 - Tampering with evidence - Not Guilty.

She has been remanded into custody until sentencing.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

His testimony was in the armorer's trial, not Baldwin's, which hasn't happened yet.

On 3/4/2024 at 2:59 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So that evil gun misfired huh? Yea right! He cocked it and pulled the trigger. The armorer was at fault as well as Baldwin!

I have a theory, which of course I can't prove: Baldwin claims he didn't "pull the trigger". The gun was tested and allegedly found to be in working condition. Baldwin possibly believes he didn't "pull the trigger", meaning he didn't have his trigger finger completely within the trigger guard. But if the tip of the finger was enough inside the guard, it could have contacted the trigger with enough pressure to cause the hammer to fall and the gun discharge!  As to his having the gun pointed at the camera, for whatever visual effect he wanted, he didn't treat the gun the way we all have been trained...you never point a gun...loaded or not...at anything you don't intend to kill! I can't recall where I read or saw this, but it may have been Arvo Arjalla, the armorer on Gunsmoke, who always told the actors to "aim off" when pointing the gun in the direction of the other actor. The angular discrepancy was taken care of by the camera angles. Especially close up, even a blank can kill, which has been proven by idiot actors who pointed a gun with a blank at his own head.

As far as Ms. Reed is concerned, I'm not convinced she should be charged and convicted of negligent homicide, as there are too many others in this cluster-xxxk, especially Baldwin, who created the conditions that lead to the tragedy.  Thought I heard that there were others that had possession of the gun between her and Baldwin.  Hopefully, she can appeal, and at least get the sentence reduced. As a convicted felon, she can never have possession of a firearm again!  If Thell Reed is still alive, I wonder what he thinks about this whole thing?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I’m wondering if the armorer was paid to take the blame.

Anything’s possible, especially in Hollywood. But if she’s guilty how can he not be ? 

He took possession of the gun . It’s been stated the gun was in working order. Which means he pulled the trigger or had it pulled and slip hammered it, he didn’t check the gun to see if it was loaded , even if it was loaded with blanks you shouldn’t be pointing it at anyone and pulling the trigger. Plus ultimately Baldwin was the boss on the set, and the one who ultimately carried out the act . Heck you can see the rims of the cartridges without even opening the loading gate on a SAA . The crew and Baldwin seem to have failed at just about every step that would have prevented this . You always hear firearms trainers state that in most cases you have to violate multiple firearms safety rules for an accidental/negligent shooting to occur. This certainly seems to be an example . If nothing else every detail of what happened should be published in an example of what not to do for all movie productions. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

But if she’s guilty how can he not be ? 

That will be up to a different jury.

I'd be willing to put up several dollars that he'll be acquitted when it goes to trial. He has pretty good defenses, and just acquired another one with the conviction of the armorer.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:39 PM, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

She put the live round into the revolver; it ultimately came down to that when all was said and done.

yes , but he pointed it at a person and pulled the trigger , no matter what he claims , and if i understand correctly it was not in a scene being shot it was off stage , if im wrong ill apologize , if not he is as guilty as her 

• Like 1

She’s ultimately to blame because she’s the armorer. If Baldwin was a gun guy he would have double checked those chambers to make sure they were all blanks. If one looked different he should have questioned it. That’s my take, maybe I’m wrong but I think he’s just as guilty!

Oh yea he’s also the executive producer of this film so everything rests on his shoulders. 

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1

I'm not familiar with blanks,but don't they look and feel different? Seems even grabbing them out of pouch,a live round would be heavier and have a bullet on it! Still haven't heard where the live rounds came from.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Still haven't heard where the live rounds came from.

A detailed article on that specific subject in today's NYTimes:

What the ‘Rust’ Shooting Trial Told Us About How Live Rounds Got on Set - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

If you can't get to it, should be available from other online sources in a day or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

According to the article, there are enough holes in the prosecution’s case that ANY reasonable person would have waaaay more than a shadow of a doubt as to the young lady’s guilt!!

I don’t have nearly enough information to make any real determination, but if that’s all that they have, that young lady has become a classic scapegoat!!

• Like 1