SASS Wire Forum

When she says “you decide”

That wouldn’t work well here. I could do American, Chinese (fast food) or Mexican. That’s it. 

I am pretty sure if I had a die like that the darn thing would always pop with food I wouldn’t care to eat at the time. ;)

43 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

What's on the other 6 faces?

FOUND IT

image.thumb.png.ea40fa2783a2b0474e84540b8385cd1d.png

Minibiu Date Night Dice, Food Decision Dice Gift Game for Couples | Cute Patterns Dinner Decider Dice for Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Birthday https://a.co/d/898DVX8

I would be covered for all but the Thai, Sushi and Japanese. I would make those 3 “Burgers”.

Hey, she said “you decide”, right? :D

Even if it was an eight sided die (no Oriental), it really wouldn't matter. When I ask her "Where would you like to go?" She always says "It doesn't matter"....but it does, boy does it ever.

BTW, no oriental because EVERY Oriental restaurant, fast food or dining, that I ever worked in was just plain out nasty in the kitchen, cooler/freezer, storage and the rear of the establishment.  

46 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

BTW, no oriental because EVERY Oriental restaurant, fast food or dining, that I ever worked in was just plain out nasty in the kitchen, cooler/freezer, storage and the rear of the establishment.  

Have you ever watched Gordon Ramsey when he goes to restaurants to find out why they aren't doing well. Some of the kitchens are just plain nasty. Rule of life; never go into the kitchen of your favorite restaurant. It won't be a favorite after that.

4 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

Have you ever watched Gordon Ramsey when he goes to restaurants to find out why they aren't doing well. Some of the kitchens are just plain nasty. Rule of life; never go into the kitchen of your favorite restaurant. It won't be a favorite after that.

Same for "Bar Rescue

10 minutes ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

2 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

Same for "Bar Rescue

There are plenty of "chain" restaurants that I won't visit either. I won't name them publicly as their lawyers make more a week than I'm worth.

"OK, we just nosh on leftovers!"

About that die, the only one I would try to avoid is Steak House.  All the ones I've been to the meat is mediocre at best, always overpriced, and the sides taste like they were made two days ago by the kindergarten tour.

ADDED:

I'm sure that there are steakhouses out there that don't fit that description, but I'm not going to pay $75/person for the 45 day, dry aged porterhouse.

Just tell her to guess which of her favorite restaurants you're taking her to, When she names one, tell her she's right and take her there,

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Ditto on this. I delivered for a food company in one of my first jobs out of high school. The supposed top Chinese restaurant in town was a nightmare in the kitchen and walk in cooler.

7 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

That wouldn’t work well here. I could do American, Chinese (fast food) or Mexican. That’s it. 

I am pretty sure if I had a die like that the darn thing would always pop with food I wouldn’t care to eat at the time. ;)

WHAT?? No Japanese, no Italian, no German??

After all, Hamburger IS German!!

When my wife and I were first married I would ask her where she would like to go for dinner. She would say “I don’t care”. So, I would take her to where I wanted to go. She would get mad. I would tell her “I don’t care means you don’t care so we go where I want.” 
I would ask her what bar or club she would to go to on a Friday or Saturday night. She would say “I don’t care” So, we would go where I wanted to go. She would get mad and Yada, yada, yada…

One day I asked her where she wanted to go and she said “I don’t know why you ask. You ask me then go where you want.” :blink:
That was the evening we had a somewhat heated discussion. She learned a couple of things that night:

1. I cannot read minds and I don’t have telepathy. 
2. I don’t care means you don’t care, so I do what I want.

3. If you don’t make a decision one will be made for you.

After that she quit saying “I don’t care” for a while then fell back into doing that again. 
I would say “Do you care if I go play pool with my buddies?” 
“I don’t care.”

”Okay, see you later.”

After a few of those she cared again. 
We have been married 43 years. If I walked into the room and said “ Hey, let’s go have breakfast in the morning. Where would you lie to go?”

I will get a definitive answer. 

Ain’t love grand? :D

2 hours ago, Major E A Sterner #12916 said:

Just tell her to guess which of her favorite restaurants you're taking her to, When she names one, tell her she's right and take her there,

I like that idea. Big thumbs up, Major. :D

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

When my wife and I were first married I would ask her where she would like to go for dinner. She would say “I don’t care”. So, I would take her to where I wanted to go. She would get mad. I would tell her “I don’t care means you don’t care so we go where I want.” 
I would ask her what bar or club she would to go to on a Friday or Saturday night. She would say “I don’t care” So, we would go where I wanted to go. She would get mad and Yada, yada, yada…

One day I asked her where she wanted to go and she said “I don’t know why you ask. You ask me then go where you want.” :blink:
That was the evening we had a somewhat heated discussion. She learned a couple of things that night:

After that she quit saying “I don’t care” for a while then fell back into doing that again. 
“I don’t care.”

”Okay, see you later.”

We have been married 43 years. If I walked into the room and said “ Hey, let’s go have breakfast in the morning. Where would you lie to go?”

+1;)

47 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

“I don’t care.”

”Okay, see you later.”

I'm blessed, my wife has never played those games.  Only child, raised mostly by her dad, or at least he had a significant impact on how she communicated.  She understands "guy speak."   

If she says, "I don't care," that's exactly what she means.  If she doesn't want to go somewhere she will say something like, "Anywhere but Jim-Bobs Gastric Distress Café." Or, "I don't care, except not Ptomaine Tommy's, remember what happened the last two times we tried there."

Black Angus is always a winner here.
Wonderful Chinese is another winner, but very hard on my glucose levels.
El Tapatio is a great Mexican place, again very hard on my glucose.

If I say "you decide" I mean it's your choice.  I do not care so long as I do not have to make the decision or do the cooking.  (Been doing it a loooooong time.)

Archived