SASS Wire Forum

The Rolling Stones are releasing a new album on October 20th

Chantry

Here's the video from the track that they released yesterday.  I think they still sound pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I wish they had ask me to drive that car.

..........Widder

They're old enough to be her great great grandparents!:P

5 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I wish they had ask me to drive that car.

..........Widder

I wish I WERE that car!  

1 minute ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

They're old enough to be her great great grandparents!:P

I hope when I'm her great great grandparent's age that I'm still as good at what I do as the Rolling Stones are at what they do.

I've never been a gonzo fan of the Stones.  Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, and Boston were more my style.  But there are certain moments for me and songs of theirs that go together like peas and carrots.  

And the great great granddaughter aside, I like the new song.

I never liked any of their songs and I played in several bands where we had to do their songs. Uggghhhh

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I never liked any of their songs and I played in several bands where we had to do their songs. Uggghhhh

Are you saying that you never could get any 'Satisfaction'?

..........Widder

I’m in!!  I like some of their music a lot and this is one that I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to cover!

It’s just rock and roll and there’s not a lot of effects to have to try to reproduce live on stage!

My band has played in four different decades. These guys have been doing it in SEVEN!

YOU’RE NEVER TOO OLD TO ROCK AND ROLL!!

(as long as you’re too young to die)

48 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m in!!  I like some of their music a lot and this is one that I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to cover!

It’s just rock and roll and there’s not a lot of effects to have to try to reproduce live on stage!

My band has played in four different decades. These guys have been doing it in SEVEN!

YOU’RE NEVER TOO OLD TO ROCK AND ROLL!!

(as long as you’re too young to die)

This one is just a cash grab, no more, no less.

Always liked the 60's, 70's and early '80's Stones. After that, it became a getting as rich as possible by producing mediocre, at best, music designed to make the millions of Stones fans buy an overpriced album.

I'm glad they're still around but...how many "Farewell" tours is it going to take before Stones fans finally figure out that it's a money grab?

Oh well...It's only rock and roll, but I like it.B)

"You're too young to die"...A little Jethro reference...I got it.:ph34r:

To me, this is the Stones...

Video has some great special effect with the Stones, on the varies billboards from different eras, doing vocals and riffs from this new song.

The woman in the car has some great special effects in her upper half. ;)

And, in the words of Richard Boone, to John Wayne in Big Jake...."I thought you (The Stones) was dead"

I never cared too much for the Stones but there once was this Puerto Rican girl that was dying too meet me. It was fun while it lasted. Lots of snakes in her head, and shit for brains in mine. She’s a clerk at a DA’s office in a county I contract to. Our encounters are just awkward now,  but man, back in the day, and now, what a body!

I think of her every time I hear this song.

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

You can work wonders with electronics 

I think they sounded pretty good on  Sweet Summer Sun – Hyde Park Live & Havana Moon, both live performances.

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

This one is just a cash grab, no more, no less.

Always liked the 60's, 70's and early '80's Stones. After that, it became a getting as rich as possible by producing mediocre, at best, music designed to make the millions of Stones fans buy an overpriced album.

I'm glad they're still around but...how many "Farewell" tours is it going to take before Stones fans finally figure out that it's a money grab?

Oh well...It's only rock and roll, but I like it.B)

"You're too young to die"...A little Jethro reference...I got it.:ph34r:

To me, this is the Stones...

Or maybe they are lucky enough to make a really good living doing something they love to do.  I do think they are addicted to the rush they get when they perform live.  None of them are exactly poor.

They still have that early sixties “garage band” sound when it’s appropriate, but then they put out something like…

Makes me remain a fan!

49 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I never cared too much for the Stones but there once was this Puerto Rican girl that was dying too meet me. It was fun while it lasted. Lots of snakes in her head, and shit for brains in mine. She’s a clerk at a DA’s office in a county I contract to. Our encounters are just awkward now,  but man, back in the day, and now, what a body!

I think of her every time I hear this song.

I was at best a casual fan until I went to a live show and I've seen a number of live shows on DVD since, the Rolling Stones are probably the best large venue act in the world.  There is an energy to their shows I've not seen from anybody else with the exception of Buddy Guy and Buddy Guy is not a large venue act.

1 hour ago, Chantry said:

I was at best a casual fan until I went to a live show and I've seen a number of live shows on DVD since, the Rolling Stones are probably the best large venue act in the world.  There is an energy to their shows I've not seen from anybody else with the exception of Buddy Guy and Buddy Guy is not a large venue act.

I’ve gotta agree. The Rolling Stones are one of the most electrifying acts on a live stage.  Perhaps not the best musicians or vocalists, but they have held crowds for more years and more shows than anyone else! There are a few acts that far surpass them as far as instrumental and vocal talent goes and one or two bands that I have seen and heard that put on as good a show and packed in the same kind of crowd.

’Course, in nearly sixty years of concert goin’ I reckon that I’ve seen some great rock ‘n’ roll bands! 

BUT!  Nobody has done it so well for so long!!

Always my favorite band; always will be, whether I might like their new stuff or not.

Also always really liked the fact that they have kept it together and made it work since the beginning.

I have to concede that Linda Ronstadt's covers of Tumblin' Dice are as good as the original, though. Maybe...even better.

And the Stones did the best ever version of the old country song “It’s All Over Now”!

Versatility can only extend longevity!!

I saw them on December 17, 1981 in Hampton Roads, VA. It was their “Farewell Tour”. :lol:

That’s the last time I saw them.
I prefer to remember them that way and have no desire to see them now. 

There must be a lot of folks who like them or they wouldn't still be having sold out concerts.  Other than Charlie Watt, who passed away, what other band with 3 of the original 4 members has been together for around 60 years?

And Mick Jagger is 80 years old and can run rings around "Brandon" our fearless leader in the basement of his house in Del.

5 hours ago, Chantry said:

There is an energy to their shows I've not seen from anybody else

I can say this about them, I only went to one of the concerts, back in 2002, most diverse crowd age wise I have ever seen!  From teenagers, up to older than the hills.  Never experienced that since.

Also, only concert I've been to where the handicap wheelchair section was sold out!!  And the people in those wheelchairs were boogieing the night away!  The crowd itself was really something to see, everybody having a grand ol' time.

Watched a documentary just the other day on Dish TV.  Was a concert, recorded in of all places, Communist Cuba in I believe 2005! 

Documentary said there was about 1.2 MILLION people attending in any country, especially a Communist country!   

Can someone tell me when anyone or any band had that many people attending a concert?

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!

The first time I saw the Stones was in 1972 in Nashville. It was a sold out show and Stevie Wonder was the opening act!

The stones have gotten a bad rap for many years because they've had to play the huge stadiums and try to entertain the people in the nosebleed seats. Mick having to run all over the place.  I can't imagine how great it would be to see them in a regular club type venue or even a few thousand seat show. If you can't get off to Jumping Jack Flash, I don't even know what to say. Unless you just don't like rock n roll period.

Archived