SASS Wire Forum

Scammers

6 minutes ago, Wildcatter said:

Jason SP joined one hour ago and offered me a Chiappa 1887. I figure it’s probably a scam so beware.

He just offered me a Beretta Stampede 

• Thanks 1

Same here. gave an email of spencepjason@gmail.com

image.png.a201d95aac9e508c2b3f996d7ec2e28b.png

Edited by Cholla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yep, he made up a new name.  He's been PerryJS, JSPerry, and other iterations.  This time Jason SP.  Banned.  Thanks for the heads up!  He uses a Proxy/VPN service to disguise his real location; but seems to originate near Lagos?  Typical 3rd Party Scam.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Thanks for the heads up!  He uses a Proxy/VPN service to disguise his real location; but seems to originate near Lagos?  Typical 3rd Party Scam.

Nigeria. I miss the good old days of the 419 Scammers. Where have the Nigerian Princes gone?

La Sombra

• Haha 1

He had the exact brass I was looking for!!!! Total scammer. But he has an answer for everything! When I told him ship and I would pay on arrival he said he didn’t have the money to ship it. If I would pay shipping upfront he would send it. I guess get to a few bucks for shipping is better than nothing!!!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I told him I didn't deal with scammers. He said he could send me a driver's license to show he was not a scammer! Then he got banned so that means I got the last word in!!!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cholla said:

I told him I didn't deal with scammers. He said he could send me a driver's license to show he was not a scammer! Then he got banned so that means I got the last word in!!!

Too bad you didn't get to see what he sent, and what excuse he had for not letting you just mail payment to that address!

• 3 weeks later...

You all may want to avoid a LEFTY MCDAVIS. He is a "guest" that joined 12/2 and inquired about a shotgun that I have for sale.

I noticed that he is out of CA so I told him that my FFL usually doesn't ship to CA but I would check. I checked, he won't do it due to the various hoops he has to go through and the minimal amount of money he makes shipping guns doesn't make it worth his time. I thanked him for his inquiry and thought that was it.

Not...below is the exact PM message he sent back. I masked certain words. He has been reported to the mods but his PM still is in my list.

Hoops?? What Hoops? Like putting it in a box and taping a shipping label to the front? There are no f**king hoops. He’s just an a**hole who thinks he’s cool cause he doesn’t ship to California. People like that need to go out of business cause their pieces of s**t. 

In fact what is your FFL’s shop name?? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

You all may want to avoid a LEFTY MCDAVIS. He is a "guest" that joined 12/2 and inquired about a shotgun that I have for sale.

I noticed that he is out of CA so I told him that my FFL usually doesn't ship to CA but I would check. I checked, he won't do it due to the various hoops he has to go through and the minimal amount of money he makes shipping guns doesn't make it worth his time. I thanked him for his inquiry and thought that was it.

Not...below is the exact PM message he sent back. I masked certain words. He has been reported to the mods but his PM still is in my list.

Hoops?? What Hoops? Like putting it in a box and taping a shipping label to the front? There are no f**king hoops. He’s just an a**hole who thinks he’s cool cause he doesn’t ship to California. People like that need to go out of business cause their pieces of s**t. 

In fact what is your FFL’s shop name?? 

He may not be a scammer but he does strike me as a rude idiot. It took me 20 seconds to find the hoops:

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs

First an out-of-state FFL has to register with the CA DOJ. Then get an approval for each firearm prior to shipping it.

On edit, there may be more, I stopped researching at 20 seconds when I decided I would not want to go even that far.

Edited by John Kloehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Hey Cypress!  Thanks for the info.  He asked about the 97's I had for sale too.  He seemed a little "odd" but I actually thought we'd struck a deal on one of them.  After seeing this, maybe he's not a person to deal with.  Appreciate the heads up.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Kid Hawkins, SASS # 15254 said:

Hey Cypress!  Thanks for the info.  He asked about the 97's I had for sale too.  He seemed a little "odd" but I actually thought we'd struck a deal on one of them.  After seeing this, maybe he's not a person to deal with.  Appreciate the heads up.

Hey Kid, long time no see!

Hope you are well and healthy. 

Yeah, the guy seemed okay at first but then did a Jekyll and Hyde. My last words to him (via PM) was "This conversation is over." I thought that I'd warn other perspective sellers about him. He gave me information that he owned a gun store in CA named Davis Gunworx. I looked it up after the nasty PM. Looks like it's a place near Sacramento. After the way he acted, I wouldn't sell him anything or buy anything from him, let alone a firearm.

Good to see you alive and kickin Kid.

Sun

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 1:50 PM, John Kloehr said:

He may not be a scammer but he does strike me as a rude idiot.

That tone sounds a lot like what we get sometimes on a local board in Oregon from first day posters posting from CA wanting someone to ship questionable items or firearms to CA.  Everything is sweetness and light until you hesitate to deal with the shipping into CA issue and than the attitude rolls out.  We've even had some that resort to insulting the OR pard's manhood :rolleyes:

I have never figured out if that ever works for them or if they are just 13 year old's (or maybe 35 year old's!) living in their mom's basement 

Edited by VinnieBoomBah
  • Haha 1

BEWARE: I was contacted by Satrk980 an hour after they joined and offered the hard-to-find revolver I’m looking for. He gave me an email to use and then emailed me pictures that were lifted off an auction site. Granted, it was a rather weak attempt at a scam, but since BP pistols can be shipped person to person, I could see how somebody could fall for it, wire the money, and wait for a gun that never arrives.

Ho do we get this joker removed?

478BC1FF-EEB5-44BF-B556-683E0DFC38EC.png

062A6D37-B346-47AB-A95C-E63B0DF7F1FA.png

4BC13A4F-96AD-4183-896D-8483085A6224.png

D56A4950-22D2-4C17-9C53-BECCDE524565.png

23 minutes ago, Leathersmith said:

BEWARE: I was contacted by Satrk980 an hour after they joined and offered the hard-to-find revolver I’m looking for. He gave me an email to use and then emailed me pictures that were lifted off an auction site. Granted, it was a rather weak attempt at a scam, but since BP pistols can be shipped person to person, I could see how somebody could fall for it, wire the money, and wait for a gun that never arrives.

478BC1FF-EEB5-44BF-B556-683E0DFC38EC.png

062A6D37-B346-47AB-A95C-E63B0DF7F1FA.png

4BC13A4F-96AD-4183-896D-8483085A6224.png

D56A4950-22D2-4C17-9C53-BECCDE524565.png

Report him to the moderator. 

• Like 1

BEWARE: I was contacted by Satrk980 an hour after they joined and offered the hard-to-find revolver I’m looking for. He gave me an email to use and then emailed me pictures that were lifted off an auction site. Granted, it was a rather weak attempt at a scam, but since BP pistols can be shipped person to person, I could see how somebody could fall for it, wire the money, and wait for a gun that never arrives.

He said he has what I’m looking for also. 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Perry Jason has just what I need...  And he only joined 1 hour ago....

M1917 Revolver

2 members active in this conversation (including you)

Hello, if you are yet to found one, I have a M1917 Revolver

for sale at the moment. perryjason238@gmail.com

•  

30 minutes ago, Sasparilla Groz said:

Looks like Perry Jason has just what I need...  And he only joined 1 hour ago....

M1917 Revolver

2 members active in this conversation (including you)

Hello, if you are yet to found one, I have a M1917 Revolver

for sale at the moment. perryjason238@gmail.com

•  

Did you report this to the mods?

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Did you report this to the mods?

He's already been banned.   His name sounds familiar don't it?  He started as Jason Perry, then he was PerryJS, (there was another iteration that I've forgotten at the moment), and now Perry Jason.   All using the third-party scam.  We ban the obvious ones in our daily vetting of new Wire Members.  But, a quick report from y'all gets it done faster.  Keep on the lookout for the next mole to be whacked!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

He's already been banned.   His name sounds familiar don't it?  He started as Jason Perry, then he was PerryJS, (there was another iteration that I've forgotten at the moment), and now Perry Jason.   All using the third-party scam.  We ban the obvious ones in our daily vetting of new Wire Members.  But, a quick report from y'all gets it done faster.  Keep on the lookout for the next mole to be whacked!

Thank you Eliphalet for all you do to keep these POSs at bay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kodiak Bill said:

Lefty McDavis strikes again. Said he’d buy something and disappeared. He gave me some of his info and an ffl he owns. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Ok. Sooo…. He just sent me money. He may be legit. I’ll keep you updated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

"Hollet" banned.   3rd Party scam.

He contacted me today and said his friend had the 45-120 brass that I looking for. I contacted Ferrell cohen via email. Price for brass was way too cheap and he only wanted pay pay or venno. Seemed like a scam as it sure was. I had phone number Ferrell call from if needed

tennessee snuffy

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone have any info or reference on Kit Lewis? SASS#105503 

I'm trying to buy the set of holsters that he has. he gives me an email that is different than the one that is on his profile for paypal. I hate doing this, I'm just skeptical. 

2 minutes ago, Wildcat Sam said:

does anyone have any info or reference on Kit Lewis? SASS#105503 

I'm trying to buy the set of holsters that he has. he gives me an email that is different than the one that is on his profile for paypal. I hate doing this, I'm just skeptical. 

Have you reported him to the moderator to check out! If not, do so! Click the dots at the top right of his post and click "report". No harm done if he's innocent!

7 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Have you reported him to the moderator to check out! If not, do so! Click the dots at the top right of his post and click "report". No harm done if he's innocent!

They checked him out and said he appears to be on the up and up. the whole 2 PayPal account thing had me a little fishy. better safe than sorry. thank y'all for the guidance.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

His profile says he joined the Wire in 2016 and has 67 posts.  So he sounds legit unless someone hijacked his account.

I saw that too, but when he sent me a different email than the one his profile had I got suspicious. I sent the money the safe route through PayPal, not Friends and Family. I feel bad questioning him.