SASS Wire Forum

Scammers

7 minutes ago, Rusty Cuff said:

Just got a PM from JaJason offering information on a pistol I was looking for. Offer was sent with a email. Looked him up only to find he joined only 1 hour ago!

So sad that 99% of scammers make the rest look bad.

Did he actually claim to have it himself or use the BS "knows someone who has one" line.

• Like 1

Scammer Alert alright

I just got a pm from JaJason saying to contact his friend who had the krag part I'm looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

MORE Djary , Possible scammer

Djary 0

Started conversation: 1 hour ago

Hello, contact Victor in Texas, he has one for sale, and he is trustworthy with his business, he also has his DL. herreravictorhv73@gmail.com

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Feisty said:

Djary sent me a pm.  He know someone who has what I need for sale.

Djary joined 52 min ago.  Possible scammer

I reported it to the moderator.

Djary is still operating on the Wire. He contacted me this week. He got me in touch with another guy (or maybe it was him using an email address) and communications with that person made me suspicious. Be careful! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flaco Joe said:

Djary is still operating on the Wire. He contacted me this week. He got me in touch with another guy (or maybe it was him using an email address) and communications with that person made me suspicious. Be careful! 

I reported it to the moderator.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Flaco Joe said:

Hit "report" within the conversation, upper right corner, the 3 dots, so we can see how he is communicating with you, as he's been banned from the Wire.  Is he using PM? email?  

If you are receiving such messages through SASS Wire PMs, always hit "report" from within the conversation, so we can mash these bugs.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Hit "report" within the conversation, upper right corner, the 3 dots, so we can see how he is communicating with you, as he's been banned from the Wire.  Is he using PM? email?  

If you are receiving such messages through SASS Wire PMs, always hit "report" from within the conversation, so we can mash these bugs.

He sent me a PM via the Wire and in that PM gave me an email address of a guy he said had what I was looking for. But when I attempted to open that same PM later, I got a message that the content was no longer available. That made me suspicious. I did send an email to the address he provided, but the response I got made me even more suspicious so I blocked him. When I looked up Djary by name, I found this thread. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Rusty Silver, SASS #58957 said:

Look into Ryanbentley....he just responded to my WTB ad.  Looks like a scammer too

Did you report him to the moderator?

1 hour ago, Rusty Silver, SASS #58957 said:

Look into Ryanbentley....he just responded to my WTB ad.  Looks like a scammer too

Banned. 

Unsolicited PMs from non-SASS members, referring you to buy from an unknown 3rd party, is the classic scam.  Don't fall for it!

• Like 1

Looks like VictorH is back as "Vicher"; just got (and deleted) this PM email notification:

Hi Sacramento Johnson #6873,
Vicher has sent you a message!

Read full message

— SASS Wire Forum

2 members active in this conversation (including you)
default_photo.png Sacramento Johnson #6873
Members
default_photo.png Vicher
Members

Ruger gray plastic box

default_photo.png  
Hello I am Herrera, located In Levelland Tx, I have one am willing to sell at the moment, contact me through my Email. victorherrerap97@gmail.com ...
Edited by Sacramento Johnson #6873
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sacramento Johnson #6873 said:

Looks like VictorH is back as "Vicher"; just got (and deleted) this PM email notification:

Read full message

— SASS Wire Forum

Members
default_photo.png Vicher
Members

Ruger gray plastic box

default_photo.png  
Hello I am Herrera, located In Levelland Tx, I have one am willing to sell at the moment, contact me through my Email. victorherrerap97@gmail.com ...

I got the same email regarding wanting a red shirt

10 hours ago, Sacramento Johnson #6873 said:

Read full message

— SASS Wire Forum

Members
default_photo.png Vicher
Members

Ruger gray plastic box

default_photo.png  

8 hours ago, dart368 said:

I got the same email regarding wanting a red shirt

Don't delete the PMs from Scammers.

Click the three dots on the upper RH corner of the message window and report it to the moderators. That way the Mods are notified and can block the scammer. When the Mods ban the scammer the PM will be deleted as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Don't delete the PMs from Scammers.

Click the three dots on the upper RH corner of the message window and report it to the moderators. That way the Mods are notified and can block the scammer. When the Mods ban the scammer the PM will be deleted as well.

It was an email. I think I put my email in the posting

18 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The email is just a notification that the forum sends you whenever you receive a PM.  

No, it was an actual email because I put my email address in the posting.

• Like 1

Victor Herrerra out of Texas contacted me via email. He is also using Vicher. Offering me a brass tumbler for $250.00. He was banned under another name. This is his new one.

Cliff

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Tombstone Rex said:

PerryJS just joined an hour ago and he’s got that Beretta Stampede I’ve been looking for according to his pm to me. Hmmmmm…….

Let me guess, just e-mail his buddy who just happens to have exactly what you're looking for.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Tombstone Rex said:

PerryJS just joined an hour ago and he’s got that Beretta Stampede I’ve been looking for according to his pm to me. Hmmmmm…….

He also has the 550 caliber conversion I’m looking for. I asked for him to post a picture with Hoss written on it by the item. He couldn’t/wouldn’t. (Phone didn’t take  pictures Lol!) I called him a scammer and told him to get a job 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Tombstone Rex said:

I  received a similar email notification regarding a gun belt but then when I tried to go to the actual message on here, it's gone!

16 minutes ago, Bear Saint Paw said:

I  received a similar email notification regarding a gun belt but then when I tried to go to the actual message on here, it's gone!

I reported him to admins and he is gone.  My messages disappeared too. 

• Like 1

We keep saying it and have even made several threads about it in the past.  If you get a private message in response to your WTB ad, from someone you do not know. Especially a non-SASS member,  ASK us first.  We'll be glad to check them out for you.  We can see where they are posting from.  We can tell you if they are using a VPN to hide their location.  We can tell you if they are from India or Nigeria.  We can tell you if they seem to be another identity of a past scammer.  Ask questions!  

Scammers usually don't last long, but in their 1 or 2-hour life on the Wire, they will steal what money they can.  Hit and run.  Whack-a-mole.   Be careful out there!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If the email or PM you get reads like you're talking to a customer service rep from another country located in a very crowded part of the world it is probably a scam. Broken English, writing that sounds non-native English speaking, incorrect syntax, incorrectly conjugated verbs, or "stiffness" to the writing... all indicators of a scam. I've received a few from this site and others over the years that all have that same, uh, quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...