SASS Wire Forum

Winchester

Utah Bob #35998

Took it out for some exercise this afternoon. Nice day. Lots of gooey mud though.  I was going to set up the new shooting bench I got myself for Christmas but I reckon I’ll wait for spring.

FED08EFD-0F70-47BD-BF2F-85FB8464E189.jpeg

5B16EC7B-3622-41B8-9BD4-253DEED73E87.jpeg

TOP: QUALITY HARDWARE & TOOL CO

BOTTOM: WINCHESTER

8AD28090-9B6E-4D2C-8281-9094181231C2.jpeg

I set up two M1 Carbines for DCM/CMP matches in the early 1990s.  Great gun out to 200 yards.  Everytime I see one in original condition, I hear it firing ten rounds in 60 seconds.

Thanks for the post.

Back in 2005, my oldest daughter was 2 and my oldest son was 6 months old,  my wife drove them to the CMP south store. There was a massive rain storm and tornado watch and an overturned tractor trailer along the way.  

She picked up for my Christmas present a winchester m1 carbine service grade and a H & R correct grade.  I still have both.  That was a good Christmas. 

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Dang Bob, where did you find that left-handed carbine?

Musta been from the same place where Billy the Kid got his left handed Winchester 73.

Billy the Kid.jpg

I didn't want to say anything about that, but britches with a backward fly --- that's girls' pants.

I would not want to be the fellow that accuses Bob of wearing girls' clothes.

But then, he did use to wear a Girl Scout hat, didn't he? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Dang Bob, where did you find that left-handed carbine?

5E97D52E-6BD5-4422-881E-534537A8A14F.thumb.jpeg.6714fffee86f757eecf16a39069240ee.jpg.40cb631f1cd726ec598e4ec2ceab1f92.jpg

Special order. Not cheap. 

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

I didn't want to say anything about that, but britches with a backward fly --- that's girls' pants.

I would not want to be the fellow that accuses Bob of wearing girls' clothes.

But then, he did use to wear a Girl Scout hat, didn't he? :ph34r:

There are fighting words and there are words that are far beyond that. Words of self destruction. Of Armageddon.  :angry: 
In ‘67in uniform at the bus station a lady asked me if I was a Canadian. :blink: :lol:

And I am in touch with my feminine side.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Does she have facial hair too? :rolleyes::lol:

That’s not my feminine side. That’s my feminine front! :lol:

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

There are fighting words and there are words that are far beyond that. Words of self destruction. Of Armageddon.  :angry: 
In ‘67in uniform at the bus station a lady asked me if I was a Canadian. :blink: :lol:

And I am in touch with my feminine side.

Well, we look like you, we talk like you and we dress like you, I can see her making that mistake.  Just like when we go to the States, we are always mistaken for Americans, except those from Quebec of course.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Creek Law Dog said:

Well, we look like you, we talk like you and we dress like you, I can see her making that mistake.  Just like when we go to the States, we are always mistaken for Americans, except those from Quebec of course.

Berets were a new thing back then. People weren’t used to seeing them on Americans. Duke’s movie wasn’t out yet. ;) 

And I’m sorta in the market for a Postal Meter and an Underwood now.

I actually saw a left handed carbine in a store the other day

Largo

My Dad bought a DCM Underwood in the sixties through the mail. I have  it now. He never fired it. I've never fired it and it looks like it was never fired. Still have it in the original shipping box from Tooele, Utah with the wood blocks and that padding that looks like toilet paper.

Horace

3 minutes ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

My Dad bought a DCM Underwood in the sixties through the mail. I have  it now. He never fired it. I've never fired it and it looks like it was never fired. Still have it in the original shipping box from Tooele, Utah with the wood blocks and that padding that looks like toilet paper.

Horace

Remember it is military surplus and that paper is brown for a reason.

41 minutes ago, Horace Patootie, SASS #35798 said:

Horace

Never fired? Never fired? :(

Many years ago (36) I took a pretty young lady I was dating out on a Saturday to shoot my Carbine and generally crawl around the Sandhills in west Texas. She immediately took a liking to that little put together M1 parts gun and burned thru a 30 round mag until it quit running. I was shocked… she broke my carbine! Guess I won out in the end as a new extractor put my M1 back in service. As for that girl, she owed me after that so she married me! I’ve had a few other carbines since then, but my wife’s as pretty as ever and still considers that Carbine hers:)

I learned that lesson too. I took a pretty girl on a date to a shooting range. She had never shot a gun. She took to it like a natural, and claimed my favorite 22 as her own. 30 years later she still considers that Ruger mark 2 to be hers. 
to all you young unmarried pards, when you take your girlfriend to the range, don’t take any guns you will be sorry to lose ownership of. :D

back to carbines, mine is an Inland. Great little gun, lots of fun. Paid $149 for it and sorted thru two barrels of them to find the one I liked best. 

Archived