SASS Wire Forum

Friday Humor - jump in and add some

Pat Riot

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW CASHPOINT MACHINES

Please note that with the arrival of the new "Drive-thru" cash point machines customers will be able to withdraw cash without leaving their vehicles.

To enable users to use this new facility the following procedures have been drawn up.

Please read the procedure that applies to your own circumstances (i.e. MALE or FEMALE) and remember it when you use the machine for the first time.

MALE PROCEDURE

1 Drive up to the cash machine.

2 Wind down your car window.

3 Insert card into machine and enter PIN.

4 Enter amount of cash required and withdraw.

5 Retrieve card, cash, and receipt

6 Wind up window

7 Drive off

FEMALE PROCEDURE

1 Drive up to cash machine.

2 Reverse back the required amount to align car window to machine

3 Re-start the stalled engine

4 Wind down the window

5 Find handbag, remove all contents on to passenger seat to locate card.

6 Locate make-up bag and check make-up in rear view mirror

7 Attempt to insert card into machine

8 Open car door to allow easier access to machine due to its excessive distance from the car

9 Insert card

10 Insert card the right way up

11 Re-enter handbag to find diary with your PIN written on the inside back page

12 Enter PIN.

13 Press cancel and re-enter correct PIN.

14 Enter amount of cash required

15 Re-check make up in rear view mirror

16 Retrieve cash and receipt

17 Empty handbag again to locate purse and place cash inside

18 Place receipt in back of cheque book

19 Re-check make-up again

20 Drive forwards 2 metres

21 Reverse back to cash machine

22 Retrieve card

23 Re-empty hand bag, locate card holder, and place card into the slot provided

24 Re-check make-up

25 Restart stalled engine and pull off

26 Drive for 3 to 4 miles

27 Release hand brake

Got an email today from a long-term food storage company. They are selling freeze dried McDonald's food. Hamburger, cheeseburger, chicken, filet of fish, sausage egg mcmuffin, egg mcmuffin, bacon egg and cheese biscuit, breakfast burrito, hash browns, and french fries.

Edit: forgot the McGriddle.

https://freezedrywholesalers.com/products/freeze-dried-egg-canadian-bacon-and-cheese-muffin-sandwich?utm_campaign=emailmarketing_135616299266&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email

I doubt this really qualifies as a joke, but you get three freeze-dried hamburgers for $35.

16 hours ago, Alpo said:

Got an email today from a long-term food storage company. They are selling freeze dried McDonald's food. Hamburger, cheeseburger, chicken, filet of fish, sausage egg mcmuffin, egg mcmuffin, bacon egg and cheese biscuit, breakfast burrito, hash browns, and french fries.

Edit: forgot the McGriddle.

https://freezedrywholesalers.com/products/freeze-dried-egg-canadian-bacon-and-cheese-muffin-sandwich?utm_campaign=emailmarketing_135616299266&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email

I doubt this really qualifies as a joke, but you get three freeze-dried hamburgers for $35.

Back in the mid 80s I was stationed in Rota Spain the only US fast food restaurant any where near the base was a KFC and it was over an hour round trip.  I never bothered to make the trip as IMHO the local cuisine was much better.

One of the units at the base was a permanent P-3 detachment. Every 6 months or so a different squadron home ported in Brunswick Maine would rotate in. At least once during their rotation the squadron would fly in everything needed to make several hundred Big Macs. They would set up a kitchen in a tent on the flight line and proceeded to cook and sell Big Macs. Sailors wanted them so badly that I have seen the line stretch for over 1/4 mile as they lined up to get one.

Me, I never saw the fascination.

On 1/16/2022 at 5:47 AM, DocWard said:

Hmmm…In my study people that didn’t drink coffee black were…never mind, they’ll think I am a narcissistic psychopath. 

On 1/17/2022 at 2:03 PM, Sedalia Dave said:

Back in the mid 80s I was stationed in Rota Spain the only US fast food restaurant any where near the base was a KFC and it was over an hour round trip.  I never bothered to make the trip as IMHO the local cuisine was much better.

One of the units at the base was a permanent P-3 detachment. Every 6 months or so a different squadron home ported in Brunswick Maine would rotate in. At least once during their rotation the squadron would fly in everything needed to make several hundred Big Macs. They would set up a kitchen in a tent on the flight line and proceeded to cook and sell Big Macs. Sailors wanted them so badly that I have seen the line stretch for over 1/4 mile as they lined up to get one.

Me, I never saw the fascination.

Faireconron 2?

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Faireconron 2?

Yep. We had two avionics shops 210 and 211. One for EA-3s and one for EP-3s because 95% of the flyers flew one or the other but not both.  All the others shops were combined.

BTW I worked on Whales.

10 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Yep. We had two avionics shops 210 and 211. One for EA-3s and one for EP-3s because 95% of the flyers flew one or the other but not both.  All the others shops were combined.

BTW I worked on Whales.

Dad flew Whales with VQ-1. Was also sqdn maintenance officer. They must’ve been phasing them out when you worked on ‘em. 

BTW, I have the complete NATOPS Flight Manual for the P-3/A/B/C. It's the size of city phone book!

Archived